You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Michigan State
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! What day did you interview?Yes, this evening.
9/28Congrats! What day did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lanadelgay124
Full Member
Is anyone quietly waiting for potential decisions tomorrow?
I interviewed 10/7 and am holding my breath...
Interviewed 10/5 and absolutely lol
soccerkid21
Full Member
Congrats to everyone who's gotten accepted so far!!
D
deleted801891
Interviewed 10/7
Got the call today! Accepted
OOS not the best stats but greatclinical and some research experiences with pubs
Got the call today! Accepted
OOS not the best stats but greatclinical and some research experiences with pubs
I'm curious, my interview is this Thursday - when do you guys think I'll hear an admissions decision?
Couch king
Full Member
Does this school accept updates/letters of interest?
Here's an example of an email I received about updates.Does this school accept updates/letters of interest?
"The MSU College of Human Medicine considers your application complete when we first receive your verified AMCAS application.
We do request additional materials when applicants go on the alternate list after interview, or, if the review committee requests additional information in support of an individual’s application."
Do they only release decisions on the decision dates?
Nope. If you look at the above comments, myself and many others heard back outside of their decision days.Do they only release decisions on the decision dates?
minn#4
Full Member
You will receive an email regarding whether you get placed on the alternate list or rejected.Does anyone know if you'll receive an email if you're put on the alternate list or rejected? Or do I just need to keep frantically refreshing the status page until 5 pm?
D
deleted1076897
Anyone interviewed here yet? How did it go?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1021716
Got the alt. list a few minutes ago. Interviewed 9/24
D
deleted1021716
It's all good, it's too early to panic. It's hard not to be skeptical when an entire med school interview day is condensed to two, 30-minute interviews, but we're all working in less-than-ideal conditions I guess. Both interviews were very conversational and engaging. I don't think this one requires much prep. Best of luck!@PA-bound Sorry to hear! I heard there's a lot of movement on the list. If you don't mind, can you tell me how your interview went? I'm trying to prepare for mine.
Hey guys! for accepted peeps: a facebook page has been created. It will be deleted if not allowed
www.facebook.com/groups/msuchm2025/
www.facebook.com/groups/msuchm2025/
Any last suggestions for my interview tmrw ?? 
Any last suggestions for my interview tmrw ??![]()
Be [emoji92]authentic[emoji92]
Is the pre-interview day info session like essentially just a session going over everything at MSU-CHM? Or should I be ready to answer questions/be in interview mode? (Of course, I plan on dressing professionally, I just don't know if I should get ready to be grilled lol)
lanadelgay124
Full Member
Is the pre-interview day info session like essentially just a session going over everything at MSU-CHM? Or should I be ready to answer questions/be in interview mode? (Of course, I plan on dressing professionally, I just don't know if I should get ready to be grilled lol)
Yes to the first, no to the second. You don't have to speak at all unless you have questions. I would dress business casual -- my group in particular was complemented on our business formal, and told by the dean that we could feel free to change into casual/comfy clothes for the student Q&A after the mid-session break, and that there was no need to dress up. Basically, err on the side of professional, but full interview attire is not necessary!
That was very helpful, thank you!Yes to the first, no to the second. You don't have to speak at all unless you have questions. I would dress business casual -- my group in particular was complemented on our business formal, and told by the dean that we could feel free to change into casual/comfy clothes for the student Q&A after the mid-session break, and that there was no need to dress up. Basically, err on the side of professional, but full interview attire is not necessary!
D
deleted801891
That was very helpful, thank you!
Yes to the first, no to the second. You don't have to speak at all unless you have questions. I would dress business casual -- my group in particular was complemented on our business formal, and told by the dean that we could feel free to change into casual/comfy clothes for the student Q&A after the mid-session break, and that there was no need to dress up. Basically, err on the side of professional, but full interview attire is not necessary!
totally agree with this advice!
D
deleted801891
does anyone know if CHM gives scholarships or grants to students? specifically OOS or URM? or where i can find this information?
Thank you
Thank you
Hi guys! Congrats and good luck to everyone here! Does anyone know if the deposit to hold your spot is binding in anyway? The email says to check the conditions attached to the email but I don’t see an attachment on any of the emails.
does anyone know if CHM gives scholarships or grants to students? specifically OOS or URM? or where i can find this information?
Thank you
Try this list: http://myhumanmedicine.msu.edu/s/1393/18/it19-interior.aspx?sid=1393&gid=52&pgid=1802
What do you mean by binding? You can hold multiple acceptances until April 30th I believe. Paying your acceptance deposit is reserving your spot at MSUCHM. If you don't pay the deposit within 2 weeks of acceptance, you will forfeit your spot.Hi guys! Congrats and good luck to everyone here! Does anyone know if the deposit to hold your spot is binding in anyway? The email says to check the conditions attached to the email but I don’t see an attachment on any of the emails.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you mean by binding? You can hold multiple acceptances until April 30th I believe. Paying your acceptance deposit is reserving your spot at MSUCHM. If you don't pay the deposit within 2 weeks of acceptance, you will forfeit your spot.
thank you so much! I just got an email that said please be mindful of the protocols you acknowledge and I was nervous because I’m not quite sure what I agreed to.
Did anyone do the EndPoint Coursework Model?? If so how did you go about filling out the CHM Premedical Requirement Form? Did you list all your relevant courses? lol I'm confused pls help
I did, but I don't remember this form you speak of. 😳 I'm sure if it's something I already did, I listed all of my relevant courses.
Oh yeah, I think they're just emphasizing this is conditional - you still have to consent to a criminal background check and submit a letter from your undergraduate college certifying you have no undisclosed institutional actions.thank you so much! I just got an email that said please be mindful of the protocols you acknowledge and I was nervous because I’m not quite sure what I agreed to.
Oh okay! I just didn't know if I should list ALL my courses or just the minimum, I'll give them a call just in case. Thank you!I did, but I don't remember this form you speak of. 😳 I'm sure if it's something I already did, I listed all of my relevant courses.
Oh okay! I just didn't know if I should list ALL my courses or just the minimum, I'll give them a call just in case. Thank you!
Hmm, maybe if you have a bazillion, it might be good to call!
futurephysician74!
Full Member
Received R today. Complete 8/24, OOS. Good luck everyone.
stressedpremed123
Full Member
Received one as well, IS. Pretty bad timing because my Wayne interview is tomorrow lol.
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
Received an R? Sorry to hear that. I am IS as well. Do you mind sharing your stats and when you were complete?Received one as well, IS. Pretty bad timing because my Wayne interview is tomorrow lol.
Received one as well, IS. Pretty bad timing because my Wayne interview is tomorrow lol.
Wayne is totally different. They are going to love you.
lanadelgay124
Full Member
Received one as well, IS. Pretty bad timing because my Wayne interview is tomorrow lol.
Unsolicited throwback to basic stats here, but remember that each interview is an independent event, and your result at one school has no bearing on your result at another, provided you keep your head up.
Source: accepted at one school, and rejected from another within the same hour.
D
deleted1040408
R OOS 510+ MCAT 3.8+ GPA. Yield protection? Maybe. Lol
D
deleted1040408
Complete date?
7/20
Idk if it's yield protection. I got the A with a much higher MCAT than their average. Probably more that they are very biased to in-state students and those who want to serve Michiganders.R OOS 510+ MCAT 3.8+ GPA. Yield protection? Maybe. Lol
Best of luck elsewhere though! Those stats should get you lots of love!
D
deleted801891
do you know if I could write essays for these scholarships or are we automatically considered?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finished my interview - Amazing experience, I love the faculty and students there!
do you know if I could write essays for these scholarships or are we automatically considered?
I'm not sure, sorry! 🙁 I would contact them to get details.
D
deleted801891
No need for an apology!! Thank you for your help!I'm not sure, sorry! 🙁 I would contact them to get details.
soccerkid21
Full Member
is there any way we could know which faculty member is interviewing us beforehand or no?