2020-2021 Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To all those interviewing, the "modified MMI" with a single faculty interviewer is quite low-key. They'll present 3-4 MMI situations to you via Zoom screenshare (or will verbally present a scenario), and (like a traditional MMI) will have you reason through them, and answer follow-up questions. Not bad at all, and quite conversational. I was stressing a bit about it beforehand, and hopefully this eases that stress for someone else.
Thank you for this. I am interviewing soon and was stressed as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II recieve 2 hours ago! They automatically scheduled it for early Nov. Submitted 8/15, forwarded for prelim review 9/4.
Edit: 3.9/516 IS

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II recieve 2 hours ago! They automatically scheduled it for early Nov. Submitted 8/15, forwarded for prelim review 9/4.
Edit: 3.9/516 IS
It's getting close! I was forwarded for prelim review the same day! I am OOS though.

Reactions: 3 users
It's getting close! I was forwarded for prelim review the same day! I am OOS though.
I was fwd for prelim review on 8/28 and haven't heard anything yet. No rejection or WL though so I'm still holding onto that! I'm OOS as well.

I was fwd for prelim review on 8/28 and haven't heard anything yet. No rejection or WL though so I'm still holding onto that! I'm OOS as well.
Hopefully no news is good news for this school - as there has been some Rs already. Forwarded for Prelimiary review on 08/24 - waiting (OOS).

Hopefully no news is good news for this school - as there has been some Rs already. Forwarded for Prelimiary review on 08/24 - waiting (OOS).
Feel you on this one. Forwarded for preliminary review on 7/20 and just holding on to the fact that I haven't gotten an R and I'm OOS hahahha

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Anybody IS submitted before 8/15 still waiting to hear something

One of the decision notification dates on the website is 10/7. Does this mean they can notify about an acceptance before 10/15?

Last edited:
One of the decision notification dates on the website is 10/7. Does this mean they can notify about an acceptable before 10/15?

It does appear that way. Damn, I wasn't going to hardcore start worrying until the traditional 10/15.

Members don't see this ad :)
But AAMC doesn't allow acceptances to be sent out before 10/15?

So, another Q: I remember there was at least one interview day before mine, but can anyone tell me their interview date if they were before 9/24? I doubt I would hear a decision just under 2 weeks, but if they haven't interviewed many people yet, maybe?

So, another Q: I remember there was at least one interview day before mine, but can anyone tell me their interview date if they were before 9/24? I doubt I would hear a decision just under 2 weeks, but if they haven't interviewed many people yet, maybe?

I was interviewed on 9/22!

I interviewed 9/16

Can someone explain the end-point coursework model to me? I am genuinely so confused.

Like I'm a cellular and molecular biology major, but didn't have such a great start to my undergrad. I then took a post-baccalaureate program with a focus on upper-level BCPM courses and did much better in that.

I also have a lot of classes from the last two years of my undergrad in stuff like psychology, sociology, math, and english due to fulfilling requirements at my alma mater in order to graduate (got almost all As in these classes too).

Would someone like me be able to apply to the (option B) end-point coursework model?

Last edited:
Can someone explain the end-point coursework model to me? I am genuinely so confused.

Like I'm a cellular and molecular biology major, but didn't have such a great start to my undergrad. I then took a post-baccalaureate program with a focus on upper-level BCPM courses and did much better in that.

I also have a lot of classes from the last two years of my undergrad in stuff like psychology, sociology, math, and english due to fulfilling requirements at my alma mater in order to graduate (got almost all As in these classes too).

Would someone like me be able to apply to the (option B) end-point coursework model?
I’m going to guess that you’re under the “MCAT-influenced model.”

I’m going to guess that you’re under the “MCAT-influenced model.”

From what I read on other SDN threads, the MCAT model is for folks who just did the basic requirements + the one upper level and they went on their way.

While the end-point one kind of works for folks like me who had a rough road w/ said requirements, and then went on to understand them in more upper level courses.

Still want to be sure though.

From what I read on other SDN threads, the MCAT model is for folks who just did the basic requirements + the one upper level and they went on their way.

While the end-point one kind of works for folks like me who had a rough road w/ said requirements, and then went on to understand them in more upper level courses.

Still want to be sure though.

Personally, I took the "Option A: MCAT-Influenced Preparation Model" as the "traditional" route to med school and the other options as the "non-traditional" routes that you could have taken. Since I did undergrad for 11 years trying to figure out what I wanted in life and I'm in a master's program now, I opted for "Option B: End-Point Coursework Model."

Reactions: 1 users
IS complete 8/7, forwarded for prelim review on the same day and nothing still. Good stats and ECs.

Has anyone had an acceptance here yet?

MD programs are not allowed to send acceptances to regular decision applicants until 10/15 due to AAMC traffic regulations

I have a question to those who were interviewed already. On MSU website it says that we are required to attend pre-interview presentation on zoom that is usually given on thursdays. Did
MSU send you a link to those sessions in a separate email?

I have a question to those who were interviewed already. On MSU website it says that we are required to attend pre-interview presentation on zoom that is usually given on thursdays. Did
MSU send you a link to those sessions in a separate email?
Yes, they sent me that zoom link about a week before my actual interview

Personally, I took the "Option A: MCAT-Influenced Preparation Model" as the "traditional" route to med school and the other options as the "non-traditional" routes that you could have taken. Since I did undergrad for 11 years trying to figure out what I wanted in life and I'm in a master's program now, I opted for "Option B: End-Point Coursework Model."

Oh hey, seven years here, high five.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Did you have the camera on while on zoom or you just listened to it?
Thanks for the responce
They said they would prefer if we had our cameras on but understood if we weren't able to. I had mine on, but would switch it off if I needed to rest my face or anything like that

When is the last time that they have released interviews?

Did you have the camera on while on zoom or you just listened to it?
Thanks for the responce
I had my camera on the whole time. When I interviewed, there were separate Zoom links for the MMI and student interview, so I had a chance to rest. They just asked me to keep my cell phone near in case we got disconnected, but that thankfully wasn't a problem.

Let's hope we hear some good news tomorrow! :banana:

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I just interviewed last week so I doubt I’ll hear back soon but I can’t stop checking my email...

Reactions: 2 users
Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 1.16.17 PM.png

These are the decision notification dates posted on the website so I don't think we will be hearing back today.

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted! Got a call this afternoon!

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Accepted! Got a call this afternoon!
Congrats!! Were you EDP? Or what was your interview date? It seems surprising that you heard back considering they have “official notification dates”

Congrats!! Were you EDP? Or what was your interview date? It seems surprising that you heard back considering they have “official notification dates”
Not EDP, I was shocked to get the call wasn't expecting anything until 10/21. Interviewed 9/16 then had my makeup MMI the next week

Huh, I wonder why not a lot more people got calls... I don't interview until next week but just interested!

I GOT ACCEPTED!!! Beyond excited. Pains me a little to turn from a wolverine into a spartan! (JK I'm obviously thrilled lol) :rofl:

• Love
Reactions: 7 users