2020-2021 Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
So for sure, they send out IIs every Monday from now for a few weeks? I took my CASPer pretty late so even if they wanted to talk to me, I wasn't expecting anything today

Reactions: 1 user
yep every Monday, they are really open about their cycle which is nice

Reactions: 4 users
Dang are we just BD swinging now???

I'm a very average applicant: 4.3 GPA in Aerospace Engineering at Harvard, 528.5 MCAT (AAMC called me and told me I got a 528)

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
526 4.0 here - no II
Clearly it was the 2 points you were away from 528. If you're gonna strive for perfection, you'd better achieve it. If I were them, immediate rejection! *s* lol

ok no hate, congrats all of you on your amazing stats but just because you have a 524 and 4.0 doesnt mean an II is automatic lmfao

Reactions: 12 users
ok no hate, congrats all of you on your amazing stats but just because you have a 524 and 4.0 doesnt mean an II is automatic lmfao

My point was that it does seem to be holistic lol

Either that or my casper is ****

Reactions: 2 users
How dare you go against the logic of SDN and actually consider the word "holistic"!!!

• Haha
Can someone link the tracker? I forgot to bookmark it

Nvm got it:

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone link the tracker? I forgot to bookmark it
I got you comrade
https://......(remove these dots)......docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zg55CcKVhoZ5XJuach7BIdJoPoXSvdoHS6Gp995-ajY/edit#gid=1414765537

Edit: ah **** i was too late

So did anybody with <524 apply to Michigan? Asking for a friend

Reactions: 7 users
Now I feel super late and regretful for being complete most places early to mid August.

So did anybody with <524 apply to Michigan? Asking for a friend
The mean of their matriculated students from last year is 516, so my guess is that people with super high MCAT scores are just very eager to post lol

524 gang here (ignore the 3.63 gpa).

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
519 and I feel like I don't have a shot at any of my target/reach schools this cycle based on everyone else's stats :(

For anybody freaking out, please keep in mind that half of their class of 177 students scored below 516, lol. MCAT and GPA will let you stay by the door, the rest of the application has to open it.

Reactions: 6 users
519 and I feel like I don't have a shot at any of my target/reach schools this cycle based on everyone else's stats :(

SDN isn’t representative of the applicant pool. I’m also quite confident that some folks inflate their stats here to make themselves feel better (or others worse).

Reactions: 3 users
I mean unless the rest of your application is terrible, you're fine. There's honestly no reasonable difference between your score and a 528...and schools know that, believe it or not lol

Same here!! Even for SDN, the amount of LM 80+ students this year seems way higher than normal. It's got me spooked.

Guys, our stats don't define us; we will achieve success!
27 people from 18 institutions and 13 states... I guess fellow IS peeps gotta wait for a while...

Last edited:
Jesus Christ everyone needs to chill out. People who are getting II's right now are an extremely small minority. A non-insignificant number of people get accepted somewhere after getting II's in October-February.
Wise words from @neuroticaf

II, OOS! :)
Sent in my secondary on 7/10 (First day). Committee letter FINALLY sent in 8/7 (Last Friday) So they were not lying when they say they begin to review your app even without letters!

I only glanced through the previous messages but guys really let's all chillll. If they truly only sent out 27 IIs then there are hundreds more coming and you guys are next! We're all in this together and obviously it's early af there's a LOT more cycle to go.

Reactions: 13 users
My app gets marked "complete" on Sept 22nd since thats when my MCAT score is released due to all the cancellations. Should i even bother finishing my secondary for this school? Do yall think its late?

Congratulations to everyone who got an II! hope you kill it!

II, OOS! :)
Sent in my secondary on 7/10 (First day). Committee letter FINALLY sent in 8/7 (Last Friday) So they were not lying when they say they begin to review your app even without letters!

I only glanced through the previous messages but guys really let's all chillll. If they truly only sent out 27 IIs then there are hundreds more coming and you guys are next! We're all in this together and obviously it's early af there's a LOT more cycle to go.

congrats!!! as someone who’s STILL waiting on the committee letter this makes me feel better

It might be worth noting that both people in the tracker submitted their secondaries before July 11th LMAO.

Reactions: 4 users
Really, REAAAAALLY happy that it look like Michigan's whole "out-of-state students first, in-state students later" trend is being applied to this year as well.

Here's to hoping my consideration won't be hindered when I submit my secondary three weeks from now T_T

Why did you have to make a mistake on my transcript AMCAS? Whyyyyy?

The MSTP website says MSTP IIs are on a different schedule from MD-only IIs, but does anyone know if they still come out on Mondays? (maybe @pBar ?)

It might be worth noting that both people in the tracker submitted their secondaries before July 11th LMAO.
Yes that + the fact that all interview dates are public on their site, thus this one is an easy one to fake. That said they did send out II today and well am sure 524 is a shoo-in for whoever has it, but lower stats also have a chance.

These are the dates :
September 11, 2020 Interview Day
September 18, 2020 Interview Day
September 25, 2020 Interview Day
October 2, 2020 Interview Day
October 9, 2020 Interview Day
October 16, 2020 Interview Day
October 23, 2020 Interview Day
October 30, 2020 Interview Day
November 6, 2020 Interview Day
November 13, 2020 Interview Day
November 20, 2020 Interview Day
December 4, 2020 Interview Day
December 11, 2020 Interview Day
December 18, 2020 Interview Day
January 15, 2021 Interview Day
January 22, 2021 Interview Day
January 29, 2021 Interview Day
February 5, 2021 Interview Day
TBD Second Look at Michigan

Assuming there are sending 27 invites per date, there still ~459 II left to be sent. Happy Monday!

Reactions: 6 users
Yes that + the fact that all interview dates are public on their site, thus this one is an easy one to fake. That said they did send out II today and well am sure 524 is a shoo-in for whoever has it, but lower stats also have a chance.
Are you suggesting that their entries are fake? I think early secondary submission leading to early II would be reasonable.

Why does it say the average is a 516? The past two years the class profile says the average is a 514-515? Genuinely new to this so just curious.

Why does it say the average is a 516? The past two years the class profile says the average is a 514-515? Genuinely new to this so just curious.

The class profile is typically a tad lower at most schools when compared to all the applicants a school admits. I believe this is because high stat applicants may receive multiple acceptances and have to turn down schools, then resulting in applicants with potentially lower stats matriculating off the wait list. The best metric to go off of is the median MCAT of admitted students you find on MSAR.

CASPer is literally my greatest concern. I felt like I did well on it, but at the same time, maybe I'm a sociopath and just don't realize it lol. Really though, anxiously waiting to (hopefully) get an II from at least one school that considers CASPer pre-interview to feel more assured that I didn't bomb it.

Michigan said it does not use Casper scores in their holistic evaluation, they just use it to see how scores correlate communication styles

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Michigan said it does not use Casper scores in their holistic evaluation, they just use it to see how scores correlate communication styles

Just to play devil's advocate, that's a tweet from last year. Their policy may very well have changed since then.

The MSTP website says MSTP IIs are on a different schedule from MD-only IIs, but does anyone know if they still come out on Mondays? (maybe @pBar ?)
MSTP issues invites completely independent of the med school. II's can be recieved any day of the week for MSTP.

@TheDataKing, there is something that has been bothering me for a long time...

The University of Michigan Medical School is listed as the University of Michigan Medical College on the 2020-21 interview tracker (and has been in past years). Please consider changing this to save me from my neuroticism

• Okay...
Reactions: 5 users

The University of Michigan Medical School is listed as the University of Michigan Medical College on the 2020-21 interview tracker (and has been in past years). Please consider changing this to save me from my neuroticism
Thanks for letting me know. I fixed it but please be aware this is minute and nitpicky and I am in the middle of an intensive block in med school :/

Reactions: 17 users

this is ridiculous lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Thanks for letting me know. I fixed it but please be aware this is minute and nitpicky and I am in the middle of an intensive block in med school :/
Best of luck! (This was supposed to be lighthearted and not deserving of a prompt response, please don’t attend to similar trivial requests in the future if you’re busy!!)

so did anyone contact them about this HTML thing? just submitted and it removed all my paragraph spaces