2021-2022 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM-Jonesboro)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Currently there is a bug in their system bc I got an email 5 times in a row for an interview. So looks like they are sending II soon

Reactions: 1 user
Way to give us a heart attack ahaha

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say to all my waitlist folks to not worry. I had several waitlists during my application cycle and got off of all of them, including NYITCOM.

Reactions: 4 users
II just now!! Complete late October as well.
509 MCAT 3.0cGPA/3.3sGPA

Has anyone been accepted from the 1/13 interview week? I don't remember how long they said it would take but it has been about a month now.

II yesterday! Lots of interview dates available throughout the first week of March

Members don't see this ad :)
If we haven't heard back from the 1/10 interview week does it mean it's most likely a WL or R? Or will more A's still go out today?

Accepted today from a 1/11 interview!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone have a link or a way to see the Jonesboro specific matchlist?

Withdrew my seat today. Hope it goes to one of you guys!

SO was just waitlisted? Does anybody know if they send out R, or are most people not accepted waitlisted?

Based on previous threads, they don't send out R's and a lot of people get accepted from the WL around March - April!

Reactions: 1 users
Are there any current students that I could DM? I am an accepted student and have a few questions!

Hi everyone, would applying here with a 496 MCAT score be alright?

Question for accepted students… Has anybody received loan offers or information about housing? I’m getting nervous here.

I wish the deposit here wasn't so much... I haven't decided where I want to go but definitely don't love to pay thousands of dollars...

Hi everyone, would applying here with a 496 MCAT score be alright?
I know someone with a 490 got in here. Their connections must have been stellar bc their GPA was also much lower than average. They also had no ECs. The pre-med committee even told them that they should try to improve their resume before applying. We (their friends) are still wondering how they got in.

When does NYITCOM start classes?
You can check their academic calendar on their website. Might not be accurate to the date but you can definitely get a feel for when they start.

I wish the deposit here wasn't so much... I haven't decided where I want to go but definitely don't love to pay thousands of dollars...
Dude it is unreal. I am right with you.

I know someone with a 490 got in here. Their connections must have been stellar bc their GPA was also much lower than average. They also had no ECs. The pre-med committee even told them that they should try to improve their resume before applying. We (their friends) are still wondering how they got in.
wow seems like nepotism. I do have low stats but great overall application and complete silence.

Is there a link to the match and board stats for NYITCOM-AR (not the LI campus)?

Did anyone get an A and not attend the pre interview session? I really want to go, but having a tough time getting work off, I know it says optional, but who knows how it looks to admissions. Excited to learn more about the school.

Did anyone get an A and not attend the pre interview session? I really want to go, but having a tough time getting work off, I know it says optional, but who knows how it looks to admissions. Excited to learn more about the school.
I got an A without attending the pre-interview session!

Withdrew my acceptance here! Good luck to whomever gets my spot!

I got accepted and will be heading here in the fall! I was curious if anyone could give me some insight into what life is like in Jonesboro? Cost of living, safety, things to do, etc.?

I got accepted and will be heading here in the fall! I was curious if anyone could give me some insight into what life is like in Jonesboro? Cost of living, safety, things to do, etc.?
Cost of living is moderate and rising. On the lower end of sales tax in the state. Safety is just like anywhere else in America, depends where you are. The campus is very safe as well as the surrounding areas to live. Johnson Ave. is what separates Jonesboro from North Jonesboro. North is lower-income and has higher crime rate. Johnson Ave is growing. From Stadium View going towards NEA Baptist hospital is rapidly growing and it is expected to be pretty cool, but currently still developing. Things to do? Options are limited but growing. Craighead forest park is nice and fun for the whole family. We have a really nice bowling alley that is great for kids and adults. Shopping was hit by a tornado in 2020 but is coming back slowly. Downtown Jonesboro is nice and has good restaurants but, to me, they are all the same things. Yesdog is the best. There is a new club somewhere in town. Jonesboro is a dry county as is the ASU campus. If you have any questions, I have lived here for 20+ years. I know a lil bit about it.

Does Jonesboro rank their students from class grades, additionally even though comlex is pass fail, does nyitcom receive your score and rank you against your class mates based on comlex?

When were you accepted?