2020-2021 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As far as number of seats for people coming in via the traditional application route, keep in mind that that's not a hard limit. There are applicants coming in through the early assurance program who won't meet the requirements, will change their minds, etc. I was talking to someone the other day who's more familiar with this than I am, and he said that that opens up more spots than you'd think it would. So, don't let that get you down.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Interesting. I thought that last year's matriculating class was the last one with BS/MD students.

It was. They don't do BS/MD anymore, but they do have the "Early Assurance" partnerships with universities in the surrounding area - sophomores apply, and if they're accepted and meet the required grades/MCAT score they're guaranteed a spot upon graduation.

Members don't see this ad :)
It was. They don't do BS/MD anymore, but they do have the "Early Assurance" partnerships with universities in the surrounding area - sophomores apply, and if they're accepted and meet the required grades/MCAT score they're guaranteed a spot upon graduation.
Thanks for the clarification! I didn't think I slept through this entire application cycle, haha.

Reactions: 1 user
Do we know if they'll be pulling from the fall waitlist for spring decisions at all?

Do we know if they'll be pulling from the fall waitlist for spring decisions at all?
Here is a paragraph from the December update email:
"We will honor our commitment to render and communicate admission decisions in mid-December, including making one round of fall admission offers as planned. In order to be fair to spring candidates, our plan is to offer a proportional number of seats this fall round relative to the number of open interviews we have yet to complete. This approach will allow both our fall and our spring candidates access to seats in a second round of spring offers. We do project having additional seats to offer."

So it sounds to me like there will be some offers to the fall peeps, especially if more seats happened to open. They are trying to evenly distribute seats between the fall and spring.

Reactions: 2 users
So can we confirm, people who interviewed for the spring round of decisions should hear back sometime this week?

So can we confirm, people who interviewed for the spring round of decisions should hear back sometime this week?
During the info session Mr Barrett said end of this week, maybe beginning of next.

DECISIONS ARE OUT. Just got the A email!!!

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
crossing my fingies that a fall WLer gets off of it 🤞

Reactions: 6 users
When will give out waitlist rank order

Hmm....seems weird only one person reported a decision.

Reactions: 4 users
Hmm....seems weird only one person reported a decision.
I know, I feel awkward af posting that decisions are out. I thought they did mass decisions on a particular day vs. emailing out individuals as they accept them??

I know, I feel awkward af posting that decisions are out. I thought they did mass decisions on a particular day vs. emailing out individuals as they accept them??
Congratulations in any case! It's possible it's an alphabetical order or "oops I scheduled the wrong day for email delivery" kinda deal

Reactions: 3 users
Silence as well...I wouldn't expect a mass email to all interviewees...they are probably behind and are chipping away at decisions this week...no way they review and decide on all candidates in one day...but we know they're coming now..

Silence as well...I wouldn't expect a mass email to all interviewees...they are probably behind and are chipping away at decisions this week...no way they review and decide on all candidates in one day...but we know they're coming now..
I would bet today's lunch these decisions have been made for some time, and now they're just chipping away at emails. If that's not the case, significant improvements need to be made in the admissions process here.

everyone take a deep breath and exhale! (speaking to myself here, too) they'll get back to us when they get back to us lol, nothing more to it. It would be nice if they can give us an update regarding decision releases like they did in Dec but it is what it is. Patience is the only road here.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
my NBA folks, who are you calling for tonight, Lakers or Nets? Kind of bummed that AD's achilles is flaring up again...don't know if he'll be 100% at any point for the rest of the season. I hope he will!

my NBA folks, who are you calling for tonight, Lakers or Nets? Kind of bummed that AD's achilles is flaring up again...don't know if he'll be 100% at any point for the rest of the season. I hope he will!
I’ll forever be a LBJ fan, so I call Lakers.

• Haha
NEOMED should accept all LeBron fans off the bat b/c we got love for Ohio by default :rofl::rofl::rofl:, well really Akron and Cleveland but you know what I mean

NEOMED should accept all LeBron fans off the bat b/c we got love for Ohio by default :rofl::rofl::rofl:, well really Akron and Cleveland but you know what I mean
they should accept anyone who can name the starting 5 for the cavs this season (barring injury)

Soooo...are we receiving a decision this week or not lol?

is it possible theyre waiting until the plan/commit to enroll tool drops to like gauge numbers or something

Apex Legends (the video game). Third partying is when you see two teams fighting each other already, so you kinda just hop on in since one, or both, of the teams should be rather weak or depleted.
Ahh, I see! I have never heard of that one. I'm more of a Nintendo/WoW person.