2020-2021 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also got the axe a little while ago.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
R today. Super bummed as I’m from NEO and want to live here I’m the future. Oh well, best of luck to the rest of you!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R here too. IS. Pretty bummed. This was a top school for me. Oh well.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think others have stated that the dean said that they do not consider academic metric after the interview stage. This is probably true since their class is usually around 506 average. If they wanted to, they could easily fill a whole class with 512+ students based on the volume of applications they get.
That does give me some solace. Tbh based on their wl movement, last year they had a 160 off of 400. If stats are not counted at this point, in I think it's like a 40 percent for us all. I think that this is a good chance but the previous post about stats showed a different number so am I wrong in this or were we focused on different things? I am sorry but as we get closer my neurotic nerves are acting up

IDK about stats and how they relate to waitlist movement, but I have heard that geography plays a strong role - i.e., Cleveland and the immediately surrounding area has the highest weight, then further out, then OOS. Not sure how much of a factor that is vs. other things, but something to consider as well.

Hey everyone, I'm a first year medical student at NEOMED. If anyone in here who was recently accepted is looking for off campus housing (most likely in Kent) feel free to direct message me I am looking for another guy or 2 to live with next year!

have anyone moved from Waitlist? any WL >> Acceptance recently?

have anyone moved from Waitlist? any WL >> Acceptance recently?

Not me. But I doubt they're gonna start pulling from the WL until after the spring decisions have been made/released.

Not me. But I doubt they're gonna start pulling from the WL until after the spring decisions have been made/released.
Current M2 here. This is what usually happens, yep. Hopefully it isn’t the case this year, but I’d be ready for radio silence for a bit.

Does anyone know the exact date for spring round of admission decisions? My interview was submitted Nov a bit after the first deadline and I only had the option to choose February 1st.
same, and wondering the same thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the exact date for spring round of admission decisions? My interview was submitted Nov a bit after the first deadline and I only had the option to choose February 1st.
they didn't even give an exact day for the fall decisions until they sent an email the first week of december detailing when we'd hear

they didn't even give an exact day for the fall decisions until they sent an email the first week of december detailing when we'd hear
It took them a month and a half for our decisions, so hopefully we’ll here by mid March for the second group and start pulling off the waitlist then?

I'm not even sure if they rejected me or moved me to the spring decision applicants cause i submitted a few days before the November fall deadline. I have emailed Ms. Monger asking which cycle my application decision will be in but i've received no response. Kind of disappointed since they are the ones who emailed me about a December 16th decision. Is there anyone else to contact cause this is the second email she has ignored and i dont want to keep asking her?

I'm not even sure if they rejected me or moved me to the spring decision applicants cause i submitted a few days before the November fall deadline. I have emailed Ms. Monger asking which cycle my application decision will be in but i've received no response. Kind of disappointed since they are the ones who emailed me about a December 16th decision. Is there anyone else to contact cause this is the second email she has ignored and i dont want to keep asking her?
You haven't received a response and were a November and not February deadline, correct?

If so, you could try emailing Jill. She seems to be slightly more responsive via email.

You haven't received a response and were a November and not February deadline, correct?

If so, you could try emailing Jill. She seems to be slightly more responsive via email.
sorry to ask but where can i find her email?

After the email saying to chill until a February decision, I honestly was mostly chilling... but now February is around the corner and I'm hoping to get in here so badly!

Anyway, anybody attended one of the Zoom Q and A sessions? Did you find it useful? Thinking about going to the spring one but not sure since it's right in the middle of my work day.

After the email saying to chill until a February decision, I honestly was mostly chilling... but now February is around the corner and I'm hoping to get in here so badly!

Anyway, anybody attended one of the Zoom Q and A sessions? Did you find it useful? Thinking about going to the spring one but not sure since it's right in the middle of my work day.
When is the spring Q and A? I am on waitlist and didn’t know about this. Is that weird?

Tomorrow is the spring round of decisions, yes?
Or did I misunderstand the update email?

when did you get the update email?
It was the early December update. In point #2 they said they were on track for Spring decisions on February 1st.
I haven't heard anything else so I'm hoping that's still the case.
Such suspense

I thought that was just the deadline to have your interview completed if you want to be selected for the spring round, kind of like how November 1 was the deadline for the fall.

I thought that was just the deadline to have your interview completed if you want to be selected for the spring round, kind of like how November 1 was the deadline for the fall.
You may very well be right. The email was a bit ambiguous.

Here is the blurb I'm referring to:

"For candidates offered virtual interviews who either did not complete and submit a virtual interview by November 2nd, and/or elected the February 1stspring round of offers date, we are tracking to have your full evaluations complete for a spring round of decisions. However, we lack capacity to move any completed interviews into the fall round."

Could go either way

Did anyone end up getting a notice of a decision yet? Do we think they would be releasing them today?

Did anyone end up getting a notice of a decision yet? Do we think they would be releasing them today?
I highly doubt that they're sending anything out before Feb 10th (the final virtual info session for interviewees). It doesn't make sense to me that they would hold an info session AFTER sending out decisions.

I highly doubt that they're sending anything out before Feb 10th (the final virtual info session for interviewees). It doesn't make sense to me that they would hold an info session AFTER sending out decisions.
Makes sense, thanks!

I interviewed with Feb 1st deadline in November. When should I expect to hear back? anyone else heard back?

I interviewed with Feb 1st deadline in November. When should I expect to hear back? anyone else heard back?
That's the question of the week.
Right now we don't know. They haven't given us a date for the spring decision. At least not publicly

Are they going to send a preferred alternate list this time around as well? Because I think last year they had like 400 positions in normal waitlist.

Are they going to send a preferred alternate list this time around as well? Because I think last year they had like 400 positions in normal waitlist.

One of their earlier emails said they're going to determine the waitlist ranking in April; not sure if that helps. Is there another list as well?

One of their earlier emails said they're going to determine the waitlist ranking in April; not sure if that helps. Is there another list as well?
So last year around Feb they sent a emails to few saying that they were on preferred waiting list, and basically those were people who were on top of the waiting list positions and almost guaranteed an admission there...and from what I saw there, they give you your position sometime March and then you fill out a survey which will update your position in April....kinda long process but that's what happened last year, but you know covid. .

So last year around Feb they sent a emails to few saying that they were on preferred waiting list, and basically those were people who were on top of the waiting list positions and almost guaranteed an admission there...and from what I saw there, they give you your position sometime March and then you fill out a survey which will update your position in April....kinda long process but that's what happened last year, but you know covid. .

Oh man. So I'm torn, because that's really useful info and I'm very grateful for you sharing it, but I also wish I didn't know that, lol 🤣

They haven't said anything like that yet this year AFAIK

Oh man. So I'm torn, because that's really useful info and I'm very grateful for you sharing it, but I also wish I didn't know that, lol 🤣

They haven't said anything like that yet this year AFAIK
Ikr, like ok for me I was a pre ii r last cycle and so just left that alone and this cycle when I got the waitlist, I went back to the last cycle sdn to take a look at what was the last waiting list spot to get an offer and hence made this discovery, like legit read every single post there....but yeah my this did feed my neurotic tendencies a lot...

So should we expect these decisions soon after the Q&A or more towards late Feb/Early March?

They haven't given a date. If anything, I would guess it would be similar to the fall round, where it took about six weeks after the deadline.

My friends, my friends, nobody knows the answers to any of these questions. I bet NEOMED doesn't even know for sure when they're releasing decisions or updating the wait list or whatever.

Please go spend time on your hobbies or something that makes you feel joy! Unfortunately this is my second cycle, so I can tell you it's a massive waste of time and energy to give in to premed neuroticism! I don't mean to be preachy or anything. I just don't want you all to be like me last year (miserable for no reason)! Just go think of other stuff until you get THE CALL or THE EMAIL!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users