2020-2021 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If OSU is currently our first choice but we're holding out on some waitlists, do we have to PTE (plan to enroll) at OSU by 4/30?
Yes, but PTE allows you to stay on waitlists. In mid-July (I can't remember the exact date), we have to commit to enroll at OSU, and withdraw from all waitlists. Basically, be carefully not to commit to enroll before you have to. Med schools are not super clear on the difference between the two.

Members don't see this ad.

just withdrew my acceptance here, hoping it goes to one of you!!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IS and I had a decent scholarship so hopefully that money goes out too

Reactions: 4 users
Loved OSU so much, but just withdrew my A and scholarship. Good luck to everyone!! I was also OOS

Reactions: 6 users
Just withdrew my A too, but it was a difficult decision! Best of luck :)

withdrew as well good luck to everyone

Reactions: 2 users
To withdraw, we just click withdraw app on the portal, right? I did this, but OSU is still showing up as an option under PTE, and I don't want to be caught with two schools there after today.

To withdraw, we just click withdraw app on the portal, right? I did this, but OSU is still showing up as an option under PTE, and I don't want to be caught with two schools there after today.
Ohio is a slow state. As long as you withdrew on the portal, you're set.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who don't know (I didn't), to select commit to enroll you click "edit selection" and then the option becomes available.

I'm fully committed now!

For those who don't know (I didn't), to select commit to enroll you click "edit selection" and then the option becomes available.

I'm fully committed now!
+1 See you in the fall:)

• Love
Not sure if any of you would know this...or if I missed this earlier in the forum...but does anyone know what earning scholarships for the second year looks like? I was blessed enough to get a scholarship for the first year, but I am a little wary of accepting it without having anything for the next three.

Withdrew my acceptance and very tiny scholarship (not the reason I withdrew, but just warning y'all that I am not responsible for any money you get lol). Good luck everyone!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
I missed their call today, but I checked AAMC CYMS and the A was there! SO excited!! :soexcited:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
can someone clarify if we actually get ipads to use here? i know osucom uses ipads in some capacity for tests, but does anyone know if we are able to use them outside of tests? i like having an ipad for notes and studying and i want to know if i need to buy one or not

can someone clarify if we actually get ipads to use here? i know osucom uses ipads in some capacity for tests, but does anyone know if we are able to use them outside of tests? i like having an ipad for notes and studying and i want to know if i need to buy one or not
IIRC OSU is Apple-Certified.

can you explain what this means?
Pretty sure it’s similar to how it is for the undergrads who get iPads. The iPad is theirs to use as they wish (notes included). Then they have the options to purchase it for a reduced price when they graduate or return it. Everything I’ve heard seems to point to the COM doing the same.

Pretty sure it’s similar to how it is for the undergrads who get iPads. The iPad is theirs to use as they wish (notes included). Then they have the options to purchase it for a reduced price when they graduate or return it. Everything I’ve heard seems to point to the COM doing the same.
thx queen

I think the COM let’s you keep it upon graduation

Reactions: 3 users
med perks i love it
My buddy who is going to UCI said they're getting iPads and ultrasound probes that plug into the iPads. What a strange med perk but I'm also kinda jealous. 😂

My buddy who is going to UCI said they're getting iPads and ultrasound probes that plug into the iPads. What a strange med perk but I'm also kinda jealous. 😂
Osu hits that ultrasound curriculum heavy so that’d be the coolest if they got onboard with it

Are they done with waitlist acceptances?
Seems like in the past the first 2 weeks of May have a lot of A’s, but then it dies a little but it’s still possible until mid july

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlist A this morning! I had previously been deferred since October :) So happy!

Also recently admitted. Is info on student health requirements something that's already been communicated to previously admitted students? I want to get physicals/vaccines in order before I quit my job and lose insurance coverage. Couldn't find anything on buckeye link that was specific to the med school. Thanks!

A this morning they called I almost cried called my mom and then did cry.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
A this morning they called I almost cried called my mom and then did cry.
You guys say morning, what time does that typically mean? Before 6:00 AM or more normal like 9:00-10:00? Thanks. Congrats. You were one of the last to get deferred, so that’s wired why they would make you wait a little longer.

CONGRATS!!! IS/OOS?
Thank you! I'm OOS.
You guys say morning, what time does that typically mean? Before 6:00 AM or more normal like 9:00-10:00? Thanks. Congrats. You were one of the last to get deferred, so that’s wired why they would make you wait a little longer.
10:30 EST I was still in bed in my timezone when I got the call, it was an unknown number so I let it go to voicemail, jumped out of bed when I saw who the voicemail was from. Maybe they just wanted that letter of intent I sent haha, either way, I'm just happy to be accepted!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone off the waitlist notice the CYMS tool change to indicate OSU acceptance before they got the call?