2020-2021 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for the reminder of my deferral.
1618232999876.png

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone get the deferred status email just now? saw "Congratulations" and freaked :rofl: they're really playing games with our emotions

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone get the deferred status email just now? saw "Congratulations" and freaked :rofl: they're really playing games with our emotions
I thought the same thing this morning 😂 guess we all wait for that post April 30th movement.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I liked how they implied that there usually is a lot of movement!

Reactions: 4 users
MSAR data said they accept 90 off the waitlist out of 100-300 waitlist positions which is really good for those of us deferred or on the waitlist. Means they don't just offer deferred/waitlist to everyone. I was wondering if those 90 accepted are post April 30? Trying to stay hopeful

MSAR data said they accept 90 off the waitlist out of 100-300 waitlist positions which is really good for those of us deferred or on the waitlist. Means they don't just offer deferred/waitlist to everyone. I was wondering if those 90 accepted are post April 30? Trying to stay hopeful
I was accepted off the waitlist in July (OOS). A few of my classmates were also accepted after me (later in July), but they were mostly IS. I would say to keep your head up and send updates or letters of intent/interest!

Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted off the waitlist in July (OOS). A few of my classmates were also accepted after me (later in July), but they were mostly IS. I would say to keep your head up and send updates or letters of intent/interest!
Did you or any of you classmates send letters of intent and think it impacted your decision? I’m debating on sending one after the 22nd final decision date. The week of April 30th before waitlist movement starts.

Did you or any of you classmates send letters of intent and think it impacted your decision? I’m debating on sending one after the 22nd final decision date. The week of April 30th before waitlist movement starts.
I sent a letter of intent after being deferred in March. Not sure if it affected their decision to take me off, but I don't think it hurts to send one if OSU is your #1 choice. DM me if you have any more questions

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been blessed with a full-tuition scholarship?

I was expecting them to be a bit more generous with financial aid, lol
I think they give mostly everyone something small so they can proudly say (as they do) “80% of our students get a scholarship!!!”

Are you referencing a financial aid package of FAFSA, etc. ? Or a merit-based scholarship that you were expecting more from?
I think they give mostly everyone something small so they can proudly say (as they do) “80% of our students get a scholarship!!!”
Yeah, I'm talking about this -- I think they gave a lot of people not too much money so they could make that statement. Also, is anyone else missing loans? I completed the forms I had to do under my To Do tab about a week ago, but it's still showing that I have to do them. I only have one loan posted that barely covers half of the COA for the first year, lol.

Hi Guys,

I have a question about MEDPATH Eligibility. While I am not underrepresented in medicine. I definitely meet the other criteria to be considered with the program.

Here is the site: MEDPATH Program at The Ohio State University College of Medicine
(Will take like 3 mins to read)

I am currently deferred at OSU. I didn’t have a letter as requested in the site because the physician wanted me to write my own letter, which I didn’t think was good to submit. Anyways, I was wondering if it’s worth reaching out about the MEDPATH program now in case I don’t get off the waitlist. I wouldn’t mind taking a year in the program to directly matriculate in and am dedicated to continue service in underprivileged communities. I think because I interviewed early here, I never was referred to the medpath program. What are your guys thoughts?

Hi Guys,

I have a question about MEDPATH Eligibility. While I am not underrepresented in medicine. I definitely meet the other criteria to be considered with the program.

Here is the site: MEDPATH Program at The Ohio State University College of Medicine
(Will take like 3 mins to read)

I am currently deferred at OSU. I didn’t have a letter as requested in the site because the physician wanted me to write my own letter, which I didn’t think was good to submit. Anyways, I was wondering if it’s worth reaching out about the MEDPATH program now in case I don’t get off the waitlist. I wouldn’t mind taking a year in the program to directly matriculate in and am dedicated to continue service in underprivileged communities. I think because I interviewed early here, I never was referred to the medpath program. What are your guys thoughts?
i say go for it, it won't hurt (i interviewed for this program 3 years ago!). i would reach out asap though because i believe that interviews are happening around this time and there may not even be seats available

i know they do have a certain MCAT range that they're looking for but i'm sure the range would be clarified to you when you reach out

i say go for it, it won't hurt (i interviewed for this program 3 years ago!). i would reach out asap though because i believe that interviews are happening around this time and there may not even be seats available

i know they do have a certain MCAT range that they're looking for but i'm sure the range would be clarified to you when you reach out
My MCAT is definitely good. The interview is specific for the MEDPATH program correct? if I did reach out I would have to interview again. I am not sure if I should wait out the month of May as waitlist movement occurs the most and then contact them in June? I know they would be done interviewing for the program by then, but I think they will respond more positively if I wait until June and don’t get in from the waitlist if that makes sense. Thank you for the response, though. I would appreciate others input as well.

My MCAT is definitely good. The interview is specific for the MEDPATH program correct? if I did reach out I would have to interview again. I am not sure if I should wait out the month of May as waitlist movement occurs the most and then contact them in June? I know they would be done interviewing for the program by then, but I think they will respond more positively if I wait until June and don’t get in from the waitlist if that makes sense. Thank you for the response, though. I would appreciate others input as well.
you're welcome! yeah, interviews for the medpath program! with their mcat range, i meant they have a max mcat cut off score, i think like 500/501/502 ( i don't remember the exact # anymore)

you're welcome! yeah, interviews for the medpath program! with their mcat range, i meant they have a max mcat cut off score, i think like 500/501/502 ( i don't remember the exact # anymore)
Ok, thank you. It didn’t sound like from the website that there was an MCAT cut off range. I know they make you take the MCAT in the program but didn’t think that was a major part of it. if there was a cut off I scored higher than 510, so I wouldnt be eligible.

Was there anything to do for financial aid aside from the FAFSA? I saw someone above mentioned filling out forms for loans but I'm not seeing that in my vitals or my.osu account, and I haven't received anything about FA yet.

Was there anything to do for financial aid aside from the FAFSA? I saw someone above mentioned filling out forms for loans but I'm not seeing that in my vitals or my.osu account, and I haven't received anything about FA yet.
there are forms for you to fill out. the financial aid menu is in something called buckeyelink i believe. I am still waiting for my FA information also.

Has anyone spoken to them about merit aid? I know it is late in the game, but it is a serious factor in my decision making (if has all gone out).

Has anyone spoken to them about merit aid? I know it is late in the game, but it is a serious factor in my decision making (if has all gone out).
From what I understand, it comes when they get around to it. There is a committee that is constantly reviewing accepted applicants. If you are given any merit aid, it will be communicated directly via email (not tied to the financial aid FAFSA stuff).

Someone can correct me but that's what I thought I remembered from their last email notification.

Sadly, this email from them could come after April 30th. So if you wanted to play the cards you could hold onto OSU in hopes of receiving something after (which they said is also possible, I think).

there are forms for you to fill out. the financial aid menu is in something called buckeyelink i believe. I am still waiting for my FA information also.
Thank you, I saw there was the promissory note and loan counseling but assumed we didn't have to do that until we accepted the aid. Still waiting on FA as well, hope you find out soon too!

Is the merit consideration just straight up GPA and MCAT? Or is it also like research etc.
Not sure but they mentioned a bunch of things (seemed like a email template) but none of them were financial need

If we are writing a letter of intent, should we send it via email to the osucom admissions email address, or is there a way to submit it through the portal?

Reactions: 1 user
If OSU is currently our first choice but we're holding out on some waitlists, do we have to PTE (plan to enroll) at OSU by 4/30?

Has anyone had any luck negotiating scholarships? I reached out they were basically like "no" lol

How do you find your Ohio State username? I’m trying to view my buckeyelink but I don’t remember ever getting a username.