2020-2021 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WL. good luck to all of us

Members don't see this ad.

Got the Acceptance email yesterday, but as I was already accepted into my state school (which has a FAR lower tuition) I’ll be declining the offer. I hope my seat goes to one of you amazing people!!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the Acceptance email yesterday, but as I was already accepted into my state school (which has a FAR lower tuition) I’ll be declining the offer. I hope my seat goes to one of you amazing people!!
Congratulations and thank you for not falling into the hoarding behavior❤️

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know when they'll send out their next round of IIs?

So doing some accounting....
-SDN self reported 4 Acceptances to 24 waitlists.
-acceptances are far more likely to self report than waitlists, so they likely accepted even fewer than SDN's 14% A rate
-Of the 4 SDN acceptances, 0 will likely attend (two stated they will be declining, the other two have 10+ interviews and top 20 acceptances at cheaper schools)

In conclusion...
The bad: NEOMED interviews 10X as many applicants as they need but I suppose that was expected from their VITA-esque platform. Chances are poor moving forward. Winter wave peeps don't get your hopes too high.
The slight optimism: We can assume a large part of their class will come from waitlist movement because many of those accepted in the first wave will yield to other schools

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I also imagine there will be quite a lot of movement from the alternate list because 1) They didn't require us to confirm that we want to remain on the alternate list so there is no effort required to remain on the alternate list and 2) They don't accept letters of interest/intent so I'm not sure how they are gauging who has a continued interest in the program. (Also placed on alternate list, IS, LM 68). Here's to hoping we all have the opportunity to become walking whales!

Reactions: 1 users
I also imagine there will be quite a lot of movement from the alternate list because 1) They didn't require us to confirm that we want to remain on the alternate list so there is no effort required to remain on the alternate list and 2) They don't accept letters of interest/intent so I'm not sure how they are gauging who has a continued interest in the program. (Also placed on alternate list, IS, LM 68). Here's to hoping we all have the opportunity to become walking whales!
In the spring before ranking, they ask to confirm your interest in the alternate list and ask your likeliness to attend the school.

Waitlisted too on the 16th, OOS, LM 69

Ok what if you received the email from NEOMED about the decision being made by Dec 16th and still have no answer. Just for context I interviewed a few days before the Nov 2nd deadline and was expecting my decision mid December. Now I don't know if i Should contact them to ask or just keep waiting...

Reactions: 1 user
Ok what if you received the email from NEOMED about the decision being made by Dec 16th and still have no answer. Just for context I interviewed a few days before the Nov 2nd deadline and was expecting my decision mid December. Now I don't know if i Should contact them to ask or just keep waiting...
I contacted them and they said we would hear something this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope so but I'm not expecting much. If anything it would make sense for next week since this week is Christmas week

Do you think they are still giving out interviews? I submitted secondary super late but I know that there isn't much time left in the interview cycle.

So doing some accounting....
-SDN self reported 4 Acceptances to 24 waitlists.
-acceptances are far more likely to self report than waitlists, so they likely accepted even fewer than SDN's 14% A rate
-Of the 4 SDN acceptances, 0 will likely attend (two stated they will be declining, the other two have 10+ interviews and top 20 acceptances at cheaper schools)

In conclusion...
The bad: NEOMED interviews 10X as many applicants as they need but I suppose that was expected from their VITA-esque platform. Chances are poor moving forward. Winter wave peeps don't get your hopes too high.
The slight optimism: We can assume a large part of their class will come from waitlist movement because many of those accepted in the first wave will yield to other schools
do you have data on how this compares to last year's cycle?

how do you know they don't accept letters of intent?

I’ve also called and emailed to confirm because NEOMED is my number one choice. They just said we can use the choose your med school tool on AMCAS when it becomes available in February.

Yes, they said to use the choose your med school tool instead because they don’t accept LOIs. Not 100% sure how the tool works though so I’m just waiting until it becomes available in Feb.

"CYMST" doesn't help people who haven't been accepted, which is why people would be sending LOI's. But to answer someone further up's question, no NEOMED doesn't accept updates or LOI's.

"CYMST" doesn't help people who haven't been accepted, which is why people would be sending LOI's. But to answer someone further up's question, no NEOMED doesn't accept updates or LOI's.
That’s why I asked about the acceptance. I thought that’s what CYMST was for once accepted. Thanks for replying :)

This is the exact email I received: “We appreciate your continued interest in NEOMED. The best way to express your intent to NEOMED is through the Choose Your Medical School tool in AMCAS. We do not accept application updates and the full wait list will not be compiled until after the second round of offers in the spring.”

Last edited:
This is the exact email I received: “We appreciate your continued interest in NEOMED. The best way to express your intent to NEOMED is through the Choose Your Medical School tool in AMCAS. We do not accept application updates and the full wait list will not be compiled until after the second round of offers in the spring. Our official policy on application updates is as follows:”

You can only use CYMS tool if they've offered you an acceptance. Maybe they're not aware of that???

I think it only works if you have acceptances elsewhere. I do, so I was going to wait until Feb to see what the tool looks like then. From the research I’ve done that data also doesn’t get released to the med schools until the end of Apr. I think we just need to be patient until the alternate list gets ranked.

I think it only works if you have acceptances elsewhere. I do, so I was going to wait until Feb to see what the tool looks like then. From the research I’ve done that data also doesn’t get released to the med schools until the end of Apr. I think we just need to be patient until the alternate list gets ranked.

Oh hmm good point. I never thought I'd make it this far lol so I never bothered to learn how all of that works. I should probably go do that...

Oh hmm good point. I never thought I'd make it this far lol so I never bothered to learn how all of that works. I should probably go do that...
From what I understand, on February 19 you can select “Plan to Enroll” for the school you are interested in attending. It lets the schools know who is showing interest so they can control numbers for acceptances and wait listers. On April 30, you can then choose “Commit to Enroll” for your final selection.

I was accepted on the 16th and have decided to decline the offer! Hope this opens up a spot for another deserving applicant!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
So I interviewed before November 2nd. Received the email that i will receive an email about a decision on December 16th and I never heard a thing. Should I just assume I was rejected at this point?

So I interviewed before November 2nd. Received the email that i will receive an email about a decision on December 16th and I never heard a thing. Should I just assume I was rejected at this point?
Since they waitlist like 90% of their interviewees I would think that's a better assumption lol but I would definitely reach out to them if you still haven't heard a decision. that is odd

Last edited:
Since they waitlist like 90% of their interviewees I would think that's a good assumption lol but I would definitely reach out to them if you still haven't heard a decision. that is odd
Who do I contact exactly cause i can't find the admissions email. Is it Ms Munger?

Since they waitlist like 90% of their interviewees I would think that's a good assumption lol but I would definitely reach out to them if you still haven't heard a decision. that is odd
How do u know they WL 90% of their interviewees ?

• Hmm
How do u know they WL 90% of their interviewees ?
Someone has already done previous estimates from the data in here (which tends to overrepresent acceptances/positive news) but they were at 14%A/86%WL. I was waitlisted here last cycle and there was a similar proportion. I think maybe their yield is just unpredictable so they make sure they have enough in waiting basically (exacerbated this cycle with the ease of online interviews and higher likelihood of interview hoarding.) They do have decent waitlist movement so I definitely wouldn’t despair at this point but just based off the numbers it’s extremely likely to be WLed initially at least.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Who do I contact exactly cause i can't find the admissions email. Is it Ms Munger?

Yeah I think Ms Munger is the primary contact for admissions related stuff. I would also forward or at the very least mention that you were in the Nov 2 interview group and received the email saying that you'd hear a decision on Dec 16 so it doesn't just look like you're randomly asking for a status update. Good luck!

Do we know the avg lm score of those who got off the wait list in the past years? This is my only wl and I am still waiting for toledo but since I only applied to ohio schools, I wanted to know what my chances are....

did anyone get rejected after an interview ?! I think if you get an interview, it is either a waitlist or acceptance.

Do we know the avg lm score of those who got off the wait list in the past years? This is my only wl and I am still waiting for toledo but since I only applied to ohio schools, I wanted to know what my chances are....
I think others have stated that the dean said that they do not consider academic metric after the interview stage. This is probably true since their class is usually around 506 average. If they wanted to, they could easily fill a whole class with 512+ students based on the volume of applications they get.

• Hmm
Pre-II R a bit ago. Honestly, not super bothered. The way they handled this application cycle did not give me high hopes for how this school handles their business.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Pre-II R too, but not surprised. Here to join the wave.

• Care
Last edited:
  • Care