2020-2021 Northwestern (Feinberg)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got Accepted!!!! So pumped and happy, interviewed Dec 8

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I submitted my app in like November loll has anyone gotten an II from that pool?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any tips for the interview? I read here that the student interview is closed-file and the faculty interviews are open-file. Did the interviewers seem familiar with your file or ask questions about it? How were the pre-selected questions? How was the vibe?
Love this school and would be thrilled to go. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Any tips for the interview? I read here that the student interview is closed-file and the faculty interviews are open-file. Did the interviewers seem familiar with your file or ask questions about it? How were the pre-selected questions? How was the vibe?
I’m interviewing on 1/29 so i was about to ask the same thing!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Interviews were pretty similar in structure and vibe to interviews at other places. Yes, student interview is closed-file, so remember they are only going to know what you tell them ;) My student interview asked a couple pre-selected questions, standard interview fare, nothing crazy. Vibe was pretty chill. The faculty definitely read my file and had questions about some of my activities, thankfully. Good luck!!

• Love
How can I submit an update letter? I don't see any option in the application website for document upload.

I’m interviewing on 1/29 so i was about to ask the same thing!

Interviews were pretty similar in structure and vibe to interviews at other places. Yes, student interview is closed-file, so remember they are only going to know what you tell them ;) My student interview asked a couple pre-selected questions, standard interview fare, nothing crazy. Vibe was pretty chill. The faculty definitely read my file and had questions about some of my activities, thankfully. Good luck!!
I concur with this. - M4 interviewer

This is my top school, would it be helpful to send an update and letter of intent before the decision day in about a month?

I'm sure I was an outlier but one of my faculty interviewers did not read my app and actually thought I was interviewing for residency at first... really bizarre experience. I think maybe they just weren't prepared. The rest of the interviews were very stress-free though. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Interviewing tomorrow, a bit nervous! I feel like I know some things about the school but nothing about it at the same time, so dreading if they’re like “Why Us?”

Interviewing tomorrow, a bit nervous! I feel like I know some things about the school but nothing about it at the same time, so dreading if they’re like “Why Us?”
The interview was so conversational and felt more of a "why us" on their part. I really felt like I was sold on the school and everyone was insanely nice. Don't stress!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
By far my favorite interviewing experience and so conversational. Don’t stress! YoI’ll also hear more about the school beforehand through the info sessions.

given that they’re gonna release decisions at end of feb/early mar, when do y’all think is the latest we can send LOIs and have them be read

Congrats and good luck! Can you share your stats? Wondering if they are sending any more IIs?
I emailed admissions on Friday, and they said they will not be sending any interview invites past January. Given that people have gotten interviews on Sunday, I assume tomorrow is the last day for invites to be sent out.

• Sad
Does anyone know what transportation to and from the Feinberg campus is like? Is there a public transportation stop nearby? Do many students use the public transportation system that don't live w/in walking distance of campus? Or, do they drive? I imagine driving/parking is expensive but am not familiar w/ the area. I have a spouse and kid, so I would probably want to rent/own a small single home, but I imagine there aren't any in close proximity to campus w/in my family's budget. Any current students on here that could comment on this, or point me in the right direction regarding housing/neighborhood questions?

Does anyone know what transportation to and from the Feinberg campus is like? Is there a public transportation stop nearby? Do many students use the public transportation system that don't live w/in walking distance of campus? Or, do they drive? I imagine driving/parking is expensive but am not familiar w/ the area. I have a spouse and kid, so I would probably want to rent/own a small single home, but I imagine there aren't any in close proximity to campus w/in my family's budget. Any current students on here that could comment on this, or point me in the right direction regarding housing/neighborhood questions?
Current M4 here.
Public transportation is abundant. Lots of bus stops (almost every block). Nearest "L" station (Chicago's subway system) from campus is on Chicago ave which is only 10 min walk from campus. Students who live outside the Streeterville area will commute via bus or L. People rare own a car. There's no need, and as you said parking could be expensive.

Streeterville has a lot of apartments in tall buildings. While this could be a good option for incoming students who would love to socialize, I can see your needs might be different. I suggest looking into areas like Lincoln Park, Gold Coast, Lakeview, etc (in general North of campus)

Does the school release rejections at the end of the cycle? I haven't heard back anything since submitting my secondary in July

I emailed admissions on Friday, and they said they will not be sending any interview invites past January. Given that people have gotten interviews on Sunday, I assume tomorrow is the last day for invites to be sent out.
So should we expect Rs soon?

Is it an appropriate time to send a letter of intent?

I was interviewed in October and got deferred in November. Feinberg is my absolute dream school, and I have already sent them 2 long update letters/letters of continued interest (in October and January). Would a letter of intent be too much given how much I have already said to them?

Did anyone get accepted after not attending the Town Hall info sessions?

• Haha
Are they still interviewing at this point? Not sure if they silent R. Pre-II