2020-2021 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believe some of these members might be faculty and current students as well as people who withdrew already but idk! Just hoping for a lot of movement this week
Agreed!! I will be connected to my phone at the hip for the next few weeks hahaha

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For the people getting off the waitlist in May/June, do you think it'll be hard to find housing or roommates? Right now I'm obviously just praying to be in that position but if/when that happens, I feel like the next steps will be v rushed and stressful!

For the people getting off the waitlist in May/June, do you think it'll be hard to find housing or roommates? Right now I'm obviously just praying to be in that position but if/when that happens, I feel like the next steps will be v rushed and stressful!
Take a look at Zillow/any other apartment place online. Low key housing is so, so cheap in Hershey. Also, the on-campus option (I think) has lots of open spots still, as many people utilize it.

Wowza I am so nervous every time I get a phone call! Looks like the FB group has 170 members so their class is full but I'm sure there will be more movement.
The groupme only has 90 members, too!

EDIT: I feel like most people do join class groupme's as opposed to Facebook, but let's say there's a minority that doesn't - maybe around 10-20? That still leaves 50-60 potential spots? or am i buggin

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Last year there was movement on Mondays and Tuesdays along with Thursdays and Fridays, but it looks like this year is just the latter?

anyone with no current acceptances on the WL? trying to be optimistic but it's definitely disheartening.

Reactions: 6 users
anyone with no current acceptances on the WL? trying to be optimistic but it's definitely disheartening.

Hey, das me lmfao but don't worry! One of my other WL is finally seeing some movement so I expect PSU to be the same? And it's only the second week of May!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Hey, das me lmfao but don't worry! One of my other WL is finally seeing some movement so I expect PSU to be the same? And it's only the second week of May!
thank you for the reassurance! hopefully things work out for the both of us

• Care
hehe hoping for movement for us tomorrow and Friday :)!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I'm with y'all.. waiting is incredibly hard, especially with graduation looming and not knowing what's going to happen next.
Let's hope we get some good news soon <3

• Care
Did anybody hear anything today? Has anyone seen any movement on the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Aight folks, let's hope this week we hear some good news! That truly could not have been all the waitlist movement immediately after the April 30th deadline.. so maybe good things are coming? :)

Reactions: 8 users
Hi - I am about to submit my LOI. Should it be send to student admissions? Did send it as an attachment? I tried to call 15 mins ago and they did not answer. Thanks.

Hi - I am about to submit my LOI. Should it be send to student admissions? Did send it as an attachment? I tried to call 15 mins ago and they did not answer. Thanks.
I sent it to the general admissions email they provided :)
Go for it!
Also as an attached PDF!

IDK if it helps, but my friend who is a M2 at Penn State said that she was waitlisted and didn't get an email until May 19th. I'm optimistic for this week, but this year has been hella weird so who knows.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
are there more people in the groupme?
It went up +1 this week!

IDK if it helps, but my friend who is a M2 at Penn State said that she was waitlisted and didn't get an email until May 19th. I'm optimistic for this week, but this year has been hella weird so who knows.

This genuinely made me feel better :') ty

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Yoooo this WL silence is brutal

• Care
  • Sad
I guess it makes sense there was no movement :( it looks like they only really did Thursday and Friday, and later on included Monday and Tuesday. And it WL ending, maybe it'll go a little longer this time cause of COVID? It looks like they didn't accept the entire class yet (just using GroupMe and Facebook) and if people got in while also being on other WLs, maybe they'll pull out of Penn and go to another school that they wanted more?

or maybe im comforting myself lmfao

• Care
So basically we can get taken off the waitlist anytime before June 30th?

So basically we can get taken off the waitlist anytime before June 30th?
I sure hope it’s earlier bc I can’t take this suspense anymore 😂 I saw somewhere that they finalize the class June 15th but I can’t find that source anywhere now, and who knows how COVID has affected the timeline

I sure hope it’s earlier bc I can’t take this suspense anymore 😂 I saw somewhere that they finalize the class June 15th but I can’t find that source anywhere now, and who knows how COVID has affected the timeline
Can’t take the suspense either :( Isn’t their a date where medical schools can see what other schools their waitlisted applicants are also on WL for? This is the only school I’m waitlisted for so fingers crossed man.

Can’t take the suspense either :( Isn’t their a date where medical schools can see what other schools their waitlisted applicants are also on WL for? This is the only school I’m waitlisted for so fingers crossed man.
I think they can only see once a person has planned or committed to enroll elsewhere.

No movement today on the groupme either :( but it looks like the last reported WL acceptance was June 10 last year, so there's still hope :)!

I just got a call to schedule a call with Dr. Davis later today!!! When I asked to make sure what is was about, the woman who called said "don't worry it's good".

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I just got a call to schedule a call with Dr. Davis later today!!! When I asked to make sure what is was about, the woman who called said "don't worry it's good".
HOORAY!!! That is fantastic news! Congratulations!!!!

• Love
WAHOOOO! Congratulations!!! Let us know what he says :D

• Love
Random but any chance you saw your portal update before the call?

Random but any chance you saw your portal update before the call?
Nope after the call I checked the portal and nothing had been updated. I just got the official email though and then checked the portal and it has now been updated!

Reactions: 4 users
Nope after the call I checked the portal and nothing had been updated. I just got the official email though and then checked the portal and it has now been updated!
So HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Do you mind me asking when your interview date was? Wondering how they went about WL ranking for individuals who interview later like feb/March.

• Love
Also — emailed admissions, and they said that their waitlist could hypothetically stay open for as long as it takes to fill the class.

• Wow