2020-2021 Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This might be the most neurotic thing I ever say... but when I click on technical standards under admission data forms it says “This page is available only for the admitted students” which is really making me think I have a WL coming for me tomorrow lol
That's been there since the beginning.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
This might be the most neurotic thing I ever say... but when I click on technical standards under admission data forms it says “This page is available only for the admitted students” which is really making me think I have a WL coming for me tomorrow lol
Same. Why did they change the only and available in that one!!

Same. Why did they change the only and available in that one!!
Wait mine says "This page is only available to admitted applicants." Is that what everyone's says? Or are the words rearranged for some people? I was fairly certain the "only" and "available" were switched earlier today, but I'm not sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait mine says "This page is only available to admitted applicants." Is that what everyone's says? Or are the words rearranged for some people? I was fairly certain the "only" and "available" were switched earlier today, but I'm not sure.
For the data form tab, the only is in front of available, but for all the other tabs, the available is in front of only

I want to state it here. You all are insane and neurotic level 100. And I love you.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
This is what mine says, don't know if it means anything though. ;) See you all tomorrow.

screenshot.png

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
This may be crazy but hear me out... My idea for a r/WSB-esque $GME-like squeeze to get more people accepted to Pitt this cycle:

1. Everyone accepted to Pitt tomorrow does not select "Plan to Enroll" at Pitt even if it is their top choice
2. Pitt sees how few of their applicants have selected PTE and panic at the low number.
3. A few weeks go by with no change, so they accept more people off the WL. These Pitt applicants join the movement and "hold the line" and don't click PTE as well.
4. In April Pitt goes full panic mode and accepts more people off the WL, however all of us diamond handed studs hold to allow more applicants to receive an acceptance.
5. 4/30 comes and Pitt can see the names of who has and has not chose PTE for their school. Some may fold and click CTE, but the true ones will hold the line as long as possible up to their CTE deadline on 7/16 so as many applicants can get accepted as possible.
6. Profit. (In the form of a T20 acceptance, attending will cost a lot of money)

I see this playing out in 3 ways;
Option A: The largest med school class in history enrolls at the University of Pittsburgh, nice
Option B: Some accepted students will have their acceptances deferred to next year, still not bad having a guaranteed acceptance next year
Option C: Pitt has to revoke some acceptances and goes full Mayo, in which case we raise hell and get as much negative press attention as possible

This is not medical school application advice, I just like the school.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users
This may be crazy but hear me out... My idea for a r/WSB-esque $GME-like squeeze to get more people accepted to Pitt this cycle:

1. Everyone accepted to Pitt tomorrow does not select "Plan to Enroll" at Pitt even if it is their top choice
2. Pitt sees how few of their applicants have selected PTE and panic at the low number.
3. A few weeks go by with no change, so they accept more people off the WL. These Pitt applicants join the movement and "hold the line" and don't click PTE as well.
4. In April Pitt goes full panic mode and accepts more people off the WL, however all of us diamond handed studs hold to allow more applicants to receive an acceptance.
5. 4/30 comes and Pitt can see the names of who has and has not chose PTE for their school. Some may fold and click CTE, but the true ones will hold the line as long as possible up to their CTE deadline on 7/16 so as many applicants can get accepted as possible.
6. Profit. (In the form of a T20 acceptance, attending will cost a lot of money)

Option A: The largest med school class in history enrolls at the University of Pittsburgh, nice
Option B: Some accepted students will have their acceptances deferred to next year, still not bad having a guaranteed acceptance next year
Option C: Pitt has to revoke some acceptances and goes full Mayo, in which case we raise hell and get as much negative press attention as possible

I commend your well thought out plan. No offense, but if I get an A, I'm committing ASAP haha. Great idea though

You’re right. It’s crazy but Problem solving skills: 100% 😀

I commend your well thought out plan. No offense, but if I get an A, I'm committing ASAP haha. Great idea though
That’s fair, I’m just a guy expecting a WL planning how to get off it lol

Reactions: 1 users

Whoever you are, Keith "Roaring Kitty" Gill would be proud of you. You goddamn diamond hands!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
6 hours and 9 minutes to go...

Reactions: 3 users
Sending good vibes everybody’s way today!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
We have just been trolled.

We still under review. Guess I’ll go back to sleep.

• Sad
ok so it was released 8:18 am day of in 2014, and 8:26 am 1 day early in 2018. Perhaps it'll be within the hour?
Your optimism is refreshing!!Lol Im convinced Pitts messing with us. With our neuroticism, we’ll get decisions this afternoon at 4:57 Lolol

• Love
CYMS opens 8:30 CST, if that’s the 8:30 you are referring to!

Reactions: 2 users
i wonder, if we log into amcas and check to see if we can use the choose your school tool when it opens, could a school be listed if we haven't heard back yet? hypothetically, if pitt were to release decisions at 5 pm?
It's happened before at places like OSU.

Been a silent stalker of this thread since July lol but wishing you all the best of luck not only today, but throughout this whole cycle! Thank you for taking part in this particularly unproductive week with me 😂😂

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
WL. Depressing.

Interviewed: Mid-November.
Received II: Two Weeks post submission.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
WL, figured my MCAT would hold me back. Good luck to the rest of you this cycle!

• Care
WL too guys but not surprised with only 15% of us getting the initial A based on II #. Fingers crossed the PSTP works out and can help move me off of the WL!

• Care
got the A!! thank you all so much for keeping me entertained on the thread! hope to see some of y'all as my future classmates and wishing you all the best!

• Love
Accepted just now via portal! 10/13 interview, IS (Pitt undergrad), ORM, LM 80

Love y'all so much - can't wait to see that WL movement and to have you guys as future classmates ❤️

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
WL :(
Also hoping for the PSTP A to pull me off... crossing my fingers

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Pretty sure my heart sank down to my toes when I saw the WL. The last person to post getting off the WL last year was June 11 I believe. So I guess there's a long way to go. Thanks everyone for making the wait less miserable! <3

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Did someone report a post-II R? Maybe they are using it this year...