2020-2021 Ponce

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDataKing

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Ponce School of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

I will be starting at PHSU in August so PM me if you have doubts about the application process. Good Luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard anything back from the school?
I sent my primary a couple weeks back, and I haven't heard anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received today

Guys I took Spanish AP and on my transcripts it only says Undergraduate Credits Advancement Placement and the amount of credits, but it doesn't specify that it is Spanish, do you think that will be a problem?
On my college website there is a section where they save the AP scores, should I send a screenshot of that?

Does anyone know what specialty GPA is? Is that just BCPM?

Guys I took Spanish AP and on my transcripts it only says Undergraduate Credits Advancement Placement and the amount of credits, but it doesn't specify that it is Spanish, do you think that will be a problem?
On my college website there is a section where they save the AP scores, should I send a screenshot of that?
I would call admissions directly and ask!

If we haven't graduated college yet, does anyone know what we are supposed to answer in the question that says "How many years has been since you obtain your latest degree? (Bachelors or Masters)". I tried to skip it but it's a required question. Wondering if I should just put 0

Members don't see this ad :)
I take my MCAT september 12th but I got my secondary from here already, should I just submit now and see what happens? I guess I don't really have any other choice.

For the community service and academic honors section, is everyone just listing what they have done with some descriptions? Or taking a more essay-like approach? Thinking of just emailing admissions about it.

For the community service and academic honors section, is everyone just listing what they have done with some descriptions? Or taking a more essay-like approach? Thinking of just emailing admissions about it.
Can you update us what they say?

Can you update us what they say?
I asked what format they would like me to take, whether a list with brief descriptions or an essay approach. They answered by saying that if I desire to fill out and answer those boxes, I can refer them to AAMC because that information is already reflected in the primary application. Also a vague answer ngl

I asked what format they would like me to take, whether a list with brief descriptions or an essay approach. They answered by saying that if I desire to fill out and answer those boxes, I can refer them to AAMC because that information is already reflected in the primary application. Also a vague answer ngl
So I guess....we just list them and refer them to AAMC primary app?

For the ECs I basically wrote the same thing I had written in my primary but made some minor changes.

Are you guys sending copies of all your official transcripts? or is that only if it was a transcript that was not submitted through AMCAS?

Are you guys sending copies of all your official transcripts? or is that only if it was a transcript that was not submitted through AMCAS?

They sent an email after getting my primary saying that we have to send transcripts additionally to the AMCAS one. I have no idea why, but they also say to mail it in.
I emailed them because my school is not sending paper transcripts due to COVID, and they replied with "We accept email transcripts however as it would be for evaluation you can send an unofficial one for now."
I have already graduated, so I don't understand why send the same transcript, but I did it just in case.

They sent an email after getting my primary saying that we have to send transcripts additionally to the AMCAS one. I have no idea why, but they also say to mail it in.
I emailed them because my school is not sending paper transcripts due to COVID, and they replied with "We accept email transcripts however as it would be for evaluation you can send an unofficial one for now."
I have already graduated, so I don't understand why send the same transcript, but I did it just in case.

Would you mind sharing their email? I emailed them at [email protected] to ask if they received my transcript but they haven't replied and it's been almost a week now

Would you mind sharing their email? I emailed them at [email protected] to ask if they received my transcript but they haven't replied and it's been almost a week now
That's the same email I sent it, I have gotten lucky with that one email, but with something else they didn't reply so I just called them. Maybe try calling them?!

That's the same email I sent it, I have gotten lucky with that one email, but with something else they didn't reply so I just called them. Maybe try calling them?!

Will definitely call on Tuesday, thank you!

Did anyone just recently get an email saying "Your secondary application has been received." ? I submitted my secondary August 18, the day after I received it, so I'm super confused why they're just now sending that they've received my secondary lol. Got this email on Thursday, wondering if it's a mistake

II today!! oos submitted 8/28 3.7 508 mcat

Reactions: 1 users
II! Anyone know how soon are interviews after you confirm interest in attending? It seems they dont let you choose a date they just give it to you, right?

II! Anyone know how soon are interviews after you confirm interest in attending? It seems they dont let you choose a date they just give it to you, right?
I emailed back to confirm, and i got back another email saying that i will shortly receive another email with a date. still nothing for now, but it has only been about a day.

I received an II Sept 16th and on the 18th I was told my interview was the following Tuesday, Sept 22. So less than a week’s notice for mine but if you’re unable to attend on short notice I imagine they can accommodate you

Does anyone know average MCAT? I have a 499 3.4 GPA, but speak fluent Spanish and French and work as a scribe. Just want to see if I have a decent shot of getting in.

Does anyone know average MCAT? I have a 499 3.4 GPA, but speak fluent Spanish and French and work as a scribe. Just want to see if I have a decent shot of getting in.
Plenty of people get in with 499, are you from PR?

Not sure about the average but the median mcat reported in MSAR is a 499. I’d say you have a good shot

Plenty of people get in with 499, are you from PR?
I was born and raised in Colombia but moved to Georgia prior to starting middle school. Also, I'm concerned because I submitted the secondary kinda late 9/20

I was born and raised in Colombia but moved to Georgia prior to starting middle school. Also, I'm concerned because I submitted the secondary kinda late 9/20

The app cycle runs a bit later here and the bulk of interviews in Ponce start in October so I think your timeline is fine

I received an II and emailed them back to confirm, they told me they would shortly send me an email with the date but still nothing. That was last week. Anyone else in the same boat?

When I interviewed that also happened to me. I called the number attached on the II and made sure they received my confirmation email, and a few hours after that phone call I got an email with my date/time. I suggest calling to see if that speeds anything up

Can anyone who has interviewed say if the interview was one-on-one and if it was predominantly in Spanish? They weren't very specific in the email invitation.

Can anyone who has interviewed say if the interview was one-on-one and if it was predominantly in Spanish? They weren't very specific in the email invitation.

Mine was a group interview (I could tell because the email with the zoom link had a few people attached). Almost entirely in spanish but they made sure we knew english. I only interviewed with other in-state students though. Not sure if they interview mostly in English if they know you’re OOS

Mine was a group interview (I could tell because the email with the zoom link had a few people attached). Almost entirely in spanish but they made sure we knew english. I only interviewed with other in-state students though. Not sure if they interview mostly in English if they know you’re OOS
Group interview as in with other applicants at the same time? No one on one with a faculty? I'm confused lol

Group interview as in with other applicants at the same time? No one on one with a faculty? I'm confused lol
Yes exactly haha. There was two faculty members and three students (including myself) being interviewed at the same time in one call. We all had to answer the same questions unless the interviewers wanted to ask you something extra about one of your specific ECs