2020-2021 Ponce

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes exactly haha. There was two faculty members and three students (including myself) being interviewed at the same time in one call. We all had to answer the same questions unless the interviewers wanted to ask you something extra about one of your specific ECs
Very weird. So it's open file then? Y gracias por la ayuda jaja

Members don't see this ad.

Very weird. So it's open file then? Y gracias por la ayuda jaja

Yes and no jajaja. It was kind of confusing. The interviewers started out by asking us what ECs we had done (research, volunteering all that) because they didn’t have our file open, but the wifi kept cutting off so they decided instead of asking it in question format, they had us email them our AMCAS app in pdf as well as an updated CV right then and there. Then they went through those while we were on the zoom call and they asked some questions about the experiences mentioned there. So originally they didn’t have our app on them, but at least in my interview they ended up asking us to send it lol. It wasn’t as awkward as it sounds, I promise. It was very conversational.

De nada!

Yes and no jajaja. It was kind of confusing. The interviewers started out by asking us what ECs we had done (research, volunteering all that) because they didn’t have our file open, but the wifi kept cutting off so they decided instead of asking it in question format, they had us email them our AMCAS app in pdf as well as an updated CV right then and there. Then they went through those while we were on the zoom call and they asked some questions about the experiences mentioned there. So originally they didn’t have our app on them, but at least in my interview they ended up asking us to send it lol. It wasn’t as awkward as it sounds, I promise. It was very conversational.

De nada!
Thanks for this! Was it an hour or how long did it go for?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for this! Was it an hour or how long did it go for?

It was pretty long, we interviewed from 5:30-7:30 pm. I thought we would have a presentation or something since it was that long, but it was straight up just two hours of conversation

Does anyone know when we should be expecting an answer? I interviewed back in late September but my interviewer told me he wasn’t sure when Ponce would start giving decisions, but probably late November. Wondering if people who have interviewed more recently have more up to date info.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when we should be expecting an answer? I interviewed back in late September but my interviewer told me he wasn’t sure when Ponce would start giving decisions, but probably late November. Wondering if people who have interviewed more recently have more up to date info.
I interviewed last Friday. They told us that the admission committee would go over applicants in Mid-November and slowly start getting back to us.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed last Friday. They told us that the admission committee would go over applicants in Mid-November and slowly start getting back to us.
They told me on October when I interviewed in Sept.

Do we need a CV for the interview? I was under the impression that RCM was the only school that explicitly tells students to bring a portafolio. If anyone can clarify, it would be deeply appreciated.

Do we need a CV for the interview? I was under the impression that RCM was the only school that explicitly tells students to bring a portafolio. If anyone can clarify, it would be deeply appreciated.
Yes, they ask you to email one at the interview

Hey everyone, I'm writing this because it might help someone else. I have 16 Spanish AP credits, but my school bundles up all my AP credits and doesn't specify them. I'm having issues with that and Ponce. I was able to find out from my university that they have an AP letter where they describe my credits. I called Ponce and explained that and they said they will receive and hopefully accept. I hope if you are in the same situation that this helps.

Reactions: 1 users
They told me on October when I interviewed in Sept.
They told me either October or November when I interviewed (also back in Sept). They might be behind schedule or something. I hope we hear back soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A yesterday! Interviewed Sept 22. They are very delayed, considering their earliest interviews were in September. I hope you all hear back soon

Reactions: 2 users
How long did it take for you to hear back from this school after submitting the II? I have been waiting since mid-November! (Verification email says to wait 7-14 days to hear back from the school)

Got an A this week!!! Interviewed early November

Reactions: 4 users
How long did this take? I submitted mine on Nov. 8th and I got the receipt after payment but no verification email. Gracias!
I submitted my secondary on oct 30 and on December 2 received an email that it had been received by the school ... looks like they are really slow

How long did it take for you to hear back from this school after submitting the II? I have been waiting since mid-November! (Verification email says to wait 7-14 days to hear back from the school)
Yeah they are really slow! I submitted my secondary on oct 30 and didn’t heard from them until dic 2 saying that my II was received by the school

I submitted my secondary August 18th and got an email saying it was received on September 10th. Shortly after that I got an II. For some reason they’re pretty slow!

I submitted my secondary late Oct and TODAY I got the email from the ADCOM stating it was received (verified?). Manifesting an II ✨✨

So I guess it’ll be a long cycle. They are taking their time and (as usual) being slow xD.

Reactions: 2 users
For those that interviewed in October, if you have not received an interview, have you heard anything from them? thank youuuuuu

Does anyone know if they will be mailing out acceptance packets or if all info will be sent via email?

Has anyone that interviewed october 23 heard anything back?

Do they offer any Financial Aid / Scholarships and or Institutional Loans? ( Besides Federal Loans etc)

Does anyone know how the class is communicating with each other? Any FB groups or chats?

Just got accepted! I hope you guys that are waiting get good news! For reference , I interviewed November 25th.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
To my understanding , the portal for PHSU is only to fill in the secondary application and the only portal that lets you see your status is RCM’s. If anybody has different info, feel free to chime in.

is there an actual portal to check your application status?