-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Ponce
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
They send you a email with their decision. You do not need to check the portal.
Do we get a email if we’re accepted or do we need to check the portal?
unbearablelightness
Full Member
I hope everyone’s holding up with this peculiar cycle.
Has anyone that interviewed in December heard back yet?
518 and mediocre sGPA & general GPA...(< 3.00)
Starting to worry 🙃
Has anyone that interviewed in December heard back yet?
518 and mediocre sGPA & general GPA...(< 3.00)
Starting to worry 🙃
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CherylNotCarol
Full Member
Interviewed Dec 4, haven't heard backI hope everyone’s holding on with this peculiar cycle.
Has anyone that interviewed in December heard back yet?
518 and mediocre sGPA & general GPA...(< 3.00)
Starting to worry 🙃
unbearablelightness
Full Member
Maybe next week is our week 🤞🏻Interviewed Dec 4, haven't heard back
Completed Jan 27 ( serious tho ) haven't heard anything.Interviewed Dec 4, haven't heard back
Damn nice stats!Completed Jan 27 ( serious tho ) haven't heard anything.
CherylNotCarol
Full Member
Ha! Waitlisted, or as they put it "alternate list"?Maybe next week is our week 🤞🏻
premedPRcovidtimes
Full Member
You got waitlisted today ?
I hear its a phenonmal place, but check their match ratesWhat’s your guy’s opinion regarding Ponce?
unbearablelightness
Full Member
Wow I never heard they did that! Are you OOS?Ha! Waitlisted, or as they put it "alternate list"?
Baxter21
Full Member
I'm not sure if this forum is regarding Ponce Health Sciences University in Puerto Rico, but if so, then yes, you will receive an e-mail with all the documents necessary to enroll.Do we get a email if we’re accepted or do we need to check the portal?
it isI'm not sure if this forum is regarding Ponce Health Sciences University in Puerto Rico, but if so, then yes, you will receive an e-mail with all the documents necessary to enroll.
Baxter21
Full Member
Then right after the interview process they will make a decision regarding your entire application. It took them about 6 days after my interview to send the acceptance letter.it is
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 early January and Crickets.Does anyone know how long they are interviewing? I submitted early January.
Baxter21
Full Member
They will be interviewing up until May if I'm not mistaken. The process was delayed due to the pandemic this year, so don't worry if you haven't received an interview invitation yet.Does anyone know how long they are interviewing? I submitted early January.
medschoolfriendo
New Member
I received my A about a week after the Interview
why is in thai?For all accepted students: a fellow classmate made a facebook group for the Class of 2025. If you’re interested in joining here’s the link:
www.facebook.com
It’s not, link formatting just looks funny once I copy/pasted it on here. 🙂 the facebook group description is in English to make it accessible for OOS students as wellwhy is in thai?
And do they have to retake the MCAT and do well?Does anyone know if the students that do the Master in Medical Sciences actually get accepted into the MD program?
¡Hola! Si tu MCAT es más de 490 no lo tienes que volver a tomar.And do they have to retake the MCAT and do well?
Tengo entendido que debes salir súper bien en todas las clases de maestría para que ellos te aseguren entrevista para medicina.
Te recomiendo llamar a la escuela. ¡Suerte!
Last edited:
Se de dos personas que fueron admitidos al programa de medicina luego de hacer esa maestría pero no te sabría decir más..Does anyone know if the students that do the Master in Medical Sciences actually get accepted into the MD program?
Grads of PHSU’s Master of Science in Medical Science Program Achieve 47% Med School Acceptance Rate - Ponce Health Sciences University
47% of the graduates from Ponce Health Sciences University’s 2017 class of its Master of Science in Medical Science degree program were accepted to medical schools. Ponce, Puerto Rico (PRUnderground) July 14th, 2017 Graduates from Ponce Health Sciences University’s 2017 …
Does anyone know how their expansion plan is going? Will medical students utilize new facilities at all?
Are they still offering interview invites? This thread has been quiet for a while.
Congratulations! What dates did they give you?I got an II JUST now, so can confirm that they are still offering interviews!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medschoolfriendo
New Member
Is there a Telegram chat for the 2025 class? I know that past classes usually have one and was wondering if there was one.
premedPRcovidtimes
Full Member
Does someone know how many interviews spots are left ?
I don’t know how many spots are left but I called at the end of February and they mentioned they will be interviewing until June due to Covid slowing them down. Hope this helps!Does someone know how many interviews spots are left ?
diegoesfuego
New Member
Does anyone know if there is a group for accepted students? Also, I am trying to decide between this school, San Juan Bautista, and la Universidad Central, what is the general consensus?
Is there a Telegram chat for the 2025 class? I know that past classes usually have one and was wondering if there was one.
unbearablelightness
Full Member
UNTIL JUNE THIS IS SO CRAZY! So if you’re accepted by then you’ll have less than a few weeks to look for an apartment there and move...I don’t know how many spots are left but I called at the end of February and they mentioned they will be interviewing until June due to Covid slowing them down. Hope this helps!
unbearablelightness
Full Member
Depends who you ask hahaha,Does anyone know if there is a group for accepted students? Also, I am trying to decide between this school, San Juan Bautista, and la Universidad Central, what is the general consensus?
Are you OOS? Do you want to stay in PR for residency?
Can you elaborate? Lol Are you familiar with the schools?Depends who you ask hahaha,
Are you OOS? Do you want to stay in PR for residency?
diegoesfuego
New Member
Im OOS and I have no idea what I want to do for residency lol I just wanted to know people's opinions of like the curriculum and the admin and the campuses, given that I wasn't able to visit them due to COVID.Can you elaborate? Lol Are you familiar with the schools?
I talked to an MS3 and they match pretty well, remember while is on a Caribbean island, still a US school thus no different than say going to the university of central Florida, that said with Step 1 pass-fail, you should squeeze many extracurriculars to stand out!Im OOS and I have no idea what I want to do for residency lol I just wanted to know people's opinions of like the curriculum and the admin and the campuses, given that I wasn't able to visit them due to COVID.
PS: getting proper training in Spanish might be seen as an asset by some resident directors.
diegoesfuego
New Member
just cuz im OOS no significa que no hablo el idioma 😉I talked to an MS3 and they match pretty well, remember while is on a Caribbean island, still a US school thus no different than say going to the university of central Florida, that said with Step 1 pass-fail, you should squeeze many extracurriculars to stand out!
PS: getting proper training in Spanish might be seen as an asset by some resident directors.
I never Implied that you did not, speaking Spanish is a requirement... what I meant is that RD will see an asset on those who trained and treated patients on a fully bilingual program when compared to kids that took medical Spanish as an elective. Si no dominas el idioma, ponce no es para ti !just cuz im OOS no significa que no hablo el idioma 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd also like to hear some current opinions, I'm still trying to decide between the non-UPR schools on the island.Can someone elaborate Ponce reputation among the island? Do you guys think it will get the stigma of a Carribbean since it’s become more of a for-profit school?
what do you mean? is not more for-profit than many schools on the mainland... also while it is on a Caribbean island, is not a foreign medical school. In-fact they are stepping up their research and hiring new faculty to push up in rankings.Can someone elaborate Ponce reputation among the island? Do you guys think it will get the stigma of a Carribbean since it’s become more of a for-profit school?
Out of curiosity do you know the reputation of the school among the island?what do you mean? is not more for-profit than many schools on the mainland... also while it is on a Caribbean island, is not a foreign medical school. In-fact they are stepping up their research and hiring new faculty to push up in rankings.
Can someone elaborate Ponce reputation among the island? Do you guys think it will get the stigma of a Carribbean since it’s become more of a for-profit school
Puero Rico schools are classified and accredited as any USA school. I don't get where your comment is coming from...
what do you mean? is not more for-profit than many schools on the mainland... also while it is on a Caribbean island, is not a foreign medical school. In-fact they are stepping up their research and hiring new faculty to push up in ranking
He's probably referring to the "for-profit status" of Ponce. The only other MD school that is for-profit is CNU which has had a plethora of issues. I think it's a valid question to ask what Ponce is doing that assures they are focused on the wellbeing of their students rather than their investors, make sense?Puero Rico schools are classified and accredited as any USA school. I don't get where your comment is coming from...