You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Rochester
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
>Happy New Year from Rochester! A quick update to let you know review of applications is still ongoing and we haven't forgotten about you. We hope to complete review of applications by the end of January and once a final decision has been made regarding your application, you will receive an email from us.
So that was a lie.
So that was a lie.
>Happy New Year from Rochester! A quick update to let you know review of applications is still ongoing and we haven't forgotten about you. We hope to complete review of applications by the end of January and once a final decision has been made regarding your application, you will receive an email from us.
So that was a lie.
Was prepping myself for an R today lmao
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CoolRanchDoritos
Full Member
Watch them drop the hammer tomorrow morning lol
The email said they were *hoping* to be done reviewing by end of Jan. But considering a previous poster called to inquire about their post interview decision and were told Roch had fallen a little behind, I doubt they’re fully finished at this point. Regardless, I think they have been really great about communicating this cycle, so I’m sure they will let us know a decision...whatever it may be. I don’t think they’ll be silent.so since they're concluding review by end of Jan, should we just assume R at this point?
flyinglotus12
Full Member
So anyone else who got their Masters program offering email taking it as a soft R or just me?
+1So anyone else who got their Masters program offering email taking it as a soft R or just me?
+1 hahahahaSo anyone else who got their Masters program offering email taking it as a soft R or just me?
curious if people who interviewed here found the SDN interview feedback page accurate/useful? seems like I should expect a lot of standalone pre-prepped questions like what are your attributes, name a weakness, problems in healthcare, time you saw something unethical, etc?
Also got the masters email, butttttttt just got the A!!! Interviewed early jan
Post II WL!
artisticdeviation998
Full Member
ah sorry about that, when did you interview? i wonder if they sent everyone an email altogether or its going to be in batches today. also eagerly awaiting a post II decision herePost II WL!
Interviewed early December.ah sorry about that, when did you interview? i wonder if they sent everyone an email altogether or its going to be in batches today. also eagerly awaiting a post II decision here
orangesiclez
New Member
+1Post II WL!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
depaysement
Full Member
Accepted!!! I wasn’t even expecting the email omg I’m so happy
did you have to specify Rochester on Certiphi, or will it just automatically send to any school who has accepted you?I got the certiphi email on 1/7
Anyone else interview early Jan and not hear anything back? I havent even gotten the masters program invitation :'(
TheMightyMattress
Full Member
borrawin95
Full Member
+1 interviewed late DecemberAlso got the masters email, butttttttt just got the A!!! Interviewed early jan
borrawin95
Full Member
I was notified by email and it was reflected on the portal.Are the decisions on the portal or by email? Interviewed December and still nothing yet...
Accepted!!! Received the email at 12:53 PM, interviewed mid-December
No lie I had crazy respect for them actually making an attempt to communicate throughout the cycle butttt now not so muchSo anyone else who got their Masters program offering email taking it as a soft R or just me?
For what it's worth, the fine print said "You are receiving this message as a MCAT test taker who has expressed an interest in a career in medicine" so maybe you just opted out of promotional emails at some point in time and it's totally separate from admissions? Just speculating thoYikes didn't get the masters program email but they also didn't finish by January so idk what to expect lmao :')
artisticdeviation998
Full Member
Awaiting my post-ii decision, Rochester has been my only one thus far, and is my top choice. Although I can't relate to how you feel I imagine its pretty incredible and as much as I'd love to be in your shoes now I know how hard we've all worked to get here so a huge congratulations (!!!!) on the accomplishment. I hope nothing but the best for you and all of us that are going through this stressful journeyAccepted earlier today! Couldn't help getting watery-eyed in the middle of clinic.
Last edited:
For what it's worth, the fine print said "You are receiving this message as a MCAT test taker who has expressed an interest in a career in medicine" so maybe you just opted out of promotional emails at some point in time and it's totally separate from admissions? Just speculating tho
I appreciate the reassurance haha, definitely settled my anxiety
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thehumanamerica
Full Member
Got an II recently for this month, complete in mid-August! Kinda shocked tbh
Distinct_Buddy
Full Member
Recent as in today?Got an II recently for this month, complete in mid-August! Kinda shocked tbh
II this morning! Complete back in July! It's not over till it's over!
Scheduling question - Do I need to fill out the short essays before getting matched to interviewers for the 2 interviews? On my interview schedule after I confirmed a date, I only have the group activities of the day listed (the actual interviews aren't on my schedule).
Scheduling question - Do I need to fill out the short essays before getting matched to interviewers for the 2 interviews? On my interview schedule after I confirmed a date, I only have the group activities of the day listed (the actual interviews aren't on my schedule).
thehumanamerica
Full Member
Yes this morning!Recent as in today?
Totally normal, fill out those essays at least 3 days before your interview. Your 2 interviews will pop up closer to the date.II this morning! Complete back in July! It's not over till it's over!
Scheduling question - Do I need to fill out the short essays before getting matched to interviewers for the 2 interviews? On my interview schedule after I confirmed a date, I only have the group activities of the day listed (the actual interviews aren't on my schedule).
irondrawer
Full Member
I didn't have to specify anywhere. I believe it gets automatically sent! someone correct me if I'm wrongdid you have to specify Rochester on Certiphi, or will it just automatically send to any school who has accepted you?
You’re right. It’s automatic.I didn't have to specify anywhere. I believe it gets automatically sent! someone correct me if I'm wrong
Mayor_Chano
Full Member
+1These masters program emails are hurting my feelings
+1 Can I please just have an R at this point? What happened to their promise of end of Jan? 🙁 Come on, BPS model!These masters program emails are hurting my feelings
R. **** my life
Pre-II R a few mins ago
premedddie
Full Member
Pre-II R. complete 9/15
://///// ugh
://///// ugh
D
deleted785419
8/22 complete and still silenceeee
Distinct_Buddy
Full Member
R complete in October
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same I was complete in July and nada8/22 complete and still silenceeee
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
Same. Complete 8/13.8/22 complete and still silenceeee
Mayor_Chano
Full Member
Me too haha. Complete 7/25Same. Complete 8/13.
thunderstorm1824
Full Member
Pre-II R today, OOS, complete 7/30. Good luck to everyone else!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 756
- Views
- 227K