2020-2021 Rowan (Cooper)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
pls forgive my stupidity but for schools that don't accept application updates, like Cooper, that rules out a letter of interest pre-II too right?
wondering the same thing!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
A, LM 87 but I feel like I'm a mission fit

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
by their post story LM is 65 :)
Accepted so this is in range for this school :)
I'm 87 when using the scale for the old MCAT, because the new one doesn't take URM into account (which makes a huge difference)

hello just wanted to share I interviewed 11/6 and got the A call 11/12! I am IS, LM 72 and am also a reapplicant :) I was super lucky that my interviewers were awesome and made the entire interview extremely relaxed. I think I was a big mission fit as well. Hope this can help encourage others in a similar boat!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
II today - complete 11/12. OOS. Good luck to us all !

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
A, got the call an hour ago! So grateful!! I love this school and their mission, LM 74

Reactions: 3 users
Hi all! Any idea what the prospects are for the "priority waitlist"? MSAR says 30 generally get off the waitlist, but no mention of how many are on it to begin with or how "priority" designation comes into play. Thanks.

Lizzy M 73.3 and got waitlisted. 😭 Anyone know the chances of still getting in ?

thoughts on silence since secondary submission early sept?? :(

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
So like is this school still open because???? This thread is dead af and most people haven’t seem to have heard from them. I didn’t even get an email about my primary from them until Oct 12th

Reactions: 4 users
So like is this school still open because???? This thread is dead af and most people haven’t seem to have heard from them. I didn’t even get an email about my primary from them until Oct 12th
Did you get a secondary? I emailed them since I hadn't heard anything in a while but they told me that only a select few get sent secondaries and that a final status will be sent in the spring

Did you get a secondary? I emailed them since I hadn't heard anything in a while but they told me that only a select few get sent secondaries and that a final status will be sent in the spring
I haven’t. I’m assuming it’s a rejection, but it’s hard to tell when I didn’t even get a primary received email until October. I had totally forgot about the school until then

I haven’t. I’m assuming it’s a rejection, but it’s hard to tell when I didn’t even get a primary received email until October. I had totally forgot about the school until then
Same - I wonder what the criteria for secondary eligibility is

Same - I wonder what the criteria for secondary eligibility is
they screen based off of mission fit. they highly value people who serve the community, especially those who've volunteered throuhout NJ in some capacity. at least thats my understanding...i could be wrong.

Have they sent out II recently? Anyone know until when they're offering II dates? I haven't heard anything from them and really wish they accecpted updates.

Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone! I got the A here (LM 71). For those who have been accepted, how do I put my deposit down? It said on the email that there would say how to do it but I can’t find any link or anything.

Hi everyone! I got the A here (LM 71). For those who have been accepted, how do I put my deposit down? It said on the email that there would say how to do it but I can’t find any link or anything.
Congrats!!! Go to the applicant portal that you used to submit your secondary and there should be a new tab that says admissions decision, go through all the tabs under that and there should be a pay deposit fee one.

Congrats!!! Go to the applicant portal that you used to submit your secondary and there should be a new tab that says admissions decision, go through all the tabs under that and there should be a pay deposit fee one.
Thank you for helping! Do I have to answer the “offer a response” tab first for it to pop up? Sorry for all the questions :(

Complete since 7/21 and silence... is this likely a silent R?

Reactions: 3 users
How does Drexel compare to cooper medical - Rowan? I know they’re both close to Philadelphia with v similar avg mcat and gpa so was curious

anyone sending letters of interest right around know if they haven't heard back from the school yet?

I'm surprised by the amount of WLs given the low numbers of reported IIs... anyone who interviewed recently have any insight on this?

I feel like new jersey schools in general are being slow this year? Could just be me with no II though lol

Reactions: 6 users
curious as well, do they accept letters of interest/update letters?
From the FAQs on Cooper's website:

Can I submit updates or letters of intent?
CMSRU does not accept any updates or letters of intent unless you are placed on the waitlist after your interview.

Reactions: 4 users
Can anyone who's interviewed give a general overview of what to expect or any advice, please??

Can anyone who's interviewed give a general overview of what to expect or any advice, please??
My interview was very relaxed. There’s one interviewer who has seen your profile and another one who hasn’t. I felt very comfortable throughout the whole thing!

My interview was very relaxed. There’s one interviewer who has seen your profile and another one who hasn’t. I felt very comfortable throughout the whole thing!
Oh I didn’t realize there were 2 interviews! My time slot is only 30 minutes 😅

II received at 1:21 pm EST! First one of the season. Scheduled for earliest available on March 5. Complete 12/15. OOS with ties to Philly, MCAT 510, cGPA 3.4, sGPA 3.7, orm, non trad

• Love
Reactions: 9 users