You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Rowan (Cooper)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm OOS, didn't even do FAFSA yet. Still hoping to get into an IS school tbh.Congratulations on your acceptance.
Question: Have you received your financial aid from the school or do you know when it will be sent? Thx
I believe it says on the website that LOIs are only allowed if you are placed on the waitlist post-interviewDoes anyone know if Cooper accepts letters of intent post-interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are the odds of people on non-priority WL making it off? Any ideas if that's happened historically? Priority WL probably have nothing to worry about, everyone on that probably makes it off
Got the acceptance call just now!! Interviewed 3/5
Just got the A!!! Interviewed 3/5 and got the call at 9:15 this morning. LM 72, IS, ORM. So excited as this was my top choice!
Just got the waitlist email. 10:36am EST. Disappointed because it’s my first choice, but still holding on to hope! Probably no waitlist movement until at least May 1, right?
Edit: From past years' SDN pages, seems like the first date waitlisted people heard back was April 30.
Edit: From past years' SDN pages, seems like the first date waitlisted people heard back was April 30.
Last edited:
Yup same here - waitlist, and first choice lol. But yea I think early May is when they said it starts to move. Does Cooper do high-priority WL and regular tho? Or is it just one?Just got the waitlist email. 10:36am EST. Disappointed because it’s my first choice, but still holding on to hope! Probably no waitlist movement until at least May 1, right?
Sorry if this is a dumb question but where can accepted students pay the $100 deposit?
It's very relaxed, 2 interviewers, one knows your app the other is blind. It was very casual, just know your app and prepare for the standard questions like why Cooper/Camden, why medicine, etc. It helps to keep in mind the school is very mission-based.Any tips for the interview? I have one tomorrow!
Was confused too dw 🙂 On your interview portal, there's a tab about your Banner ID. Click "get banner ID" or whatever, and then a tab to pay will be added to your portal. It may take a few days.Sorry if this is a dumb question but where can accepted students pay the $100 deposit?
Ah thank you so much that makes sense!Was confused too dw 🙂 On your interview portal, there's a tab about your Banner ID. Click "get banner ID" or whatever, and then a tab to pay will be added to your portal. It may take a few days.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medschoolapplicant122
New Member
Hi. I am an IS applicant and have received interviews from schools like NJMS, RWJMS, and Hackensack Meridian but heard nothing from Cooper since submitting my secondary in July. I have submitted other update emails since but still no response. Is this the case for anyone else as well?
Hey! Just a heads up - their last interview was 3/12 🙁Hi. I am an IS applicant and have received interviews from schools like NJMS, RWJMS, and Hackensack Meridian but heard nothing from Cooper since submitting my secondary in July. I have submitted other update emails since but still no response. Is this the case for anyone else as well?
medschoolapplicant122
New Member
Hey, just out of curiosity how did you know that? Was an email sent out or did you see something online with that?Hey! Just a heads up - their last interview was 3/12 🙁
They told us during our interview dayHey, just out of curiosity how did you know that? Was an email sent out or did you see something online with that?
medschoolapplicant122
New Member
When was that? I find it really weird that they haven't emailed back the rest of the applicants that the cycle is closed then if that's the case.They told us during our interview day
I interviewed 3/12, but someone else reported receiving an email saying the cycle was closed earlier on in the thread.When was that? I find it really weird that they haven't emailed back the rest of the applicants that the cycle is closed then if that's the case.
medschoolapplicant122
New Member
I didnt get that email of the cycle closing (and i checked my email and portal) but your saying last interview was 3/12 so not sure what to think.I interviewed 3/12, but someone else reported receiving an email saying the cycle was closed earlier on in the thread.
I interviewed 3/5 and they also mentioned then that 3/12 would be the last interview date.I didnt get that email of the cycle closing (and i checked my email and portal) but your saying last interview was 3/12 so not sure what to think.
+1. Kind of crazy how these schools had pretty much zero regard for delays due to covid that people faced this past cycle.Just got an email that the cycle is closed now
+1 smhJust got an email that the cycle is closed now
soshelpme123
Full Member
Just got rejected but I didn’t even submit my secondary lol
+1 Just received cycle closed email. after not hearing anything for months it was really upsetting but what else can we do. good luck to everyone else on the WL!!!+1. Kind of crazy how these schools had pretty much zero regard for delays due to covid that people faced this past cycle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FranklinsYoungin
New Member
Has any 3/12 interviewee heard back yet?
sportspro24
New Member
Placed on regular WL just now. Congrats to all the people accepted! Praying for good news in May.Has any 3/12 interviewee heard back yet?
Same. I thought most schools were giving the secondaries automatically but I guess I didn’t meet their cutoff .Just got rejected but I didn’t even submit my secondary lol
I believe they send them out based on mission fitSame. I thought most schools were giving the secondaries automatically but I guess I didn’t meet their cutoff .
Was anyone else excited to see how great CMSRU's residency match list was? Cooper is doing amazing!
I believe they send them out i
That’s interesting you said that. LOL - I thought I fit their mission pretty well.I believe they send them out based on mission fit
soshelpme123
Full Member
Me too 🙁 but guess we aren’t good enough for the secondary lolThat’s interesting you said that. LOL - I thought I fit their mission pretty well.
Me too 🙁 but guess we aren’t good enough for the secondary lol
I'm sure there will be a better fit in our futures.
Congrats to those who did make it to the 2dary, II, or even accepted stage 🙂
Cooper's median acceptance stats (both GPA and MCAT) increased on the updated MSAR
flyers1517
Full Member
Looking for advice. Should I stay on the waitlist here or just commit to enroll at Drexel where I was already accepted?
I am also wondering the same thingAnyone know anything about how many people get off the regular waitlist compared to priority?
I don't know how many people get off the regular WL but from my year (class of 2024) and the year before me (class of 2023), I know that they took everyone off the priority WL and moved into the regular WL. One of my classmates was accepted off the regular WL in July 2020 (one month before classes started). They were IS.
Is anyone else planning on doing the UMED program this summer?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was going to ask the same thing. I work full-time so I'm not sure if I should or could.Is anybunny else planning on doing the UMED program this summer?
spongebob24
Full Member
for anyone that sent an update letter post-interview, did you just email it?
If anyone needs a place to look at for moving in, I have a suggestion! Message me b/c I want that sweet move-in money lmao. And I've lived there, my whole time here, included utilities, great place. Probably will even stay as resident
Yea, looks like from their website they are doing the April 30th deadline to only hold one acceptanceIs cooper following the April 30 commit to enroll date? I know other schools have a different one , but I can’t seem to find cooper
Admissions - Cooper Medical School of Rowan University