2020-2021 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I sent an update this morning on the portal...does anyone want to bet if it will impact anything? I got 3-1 odds they'll just fast track me through the interview and go straight to acceptance.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Hey everyone. Can anyone here speak to how relatively safe the Chicago area is to live in? I have never been to Chicago, but have heard that it's not so safe, so this is a concern for me.
I live right by Rush, it's a good area. Chicago has a reputation from the media but in reality there are dangerous pockets that you wouldn't just accidentally end up in. If you're female like me, not great to walk alone at night (like most places) and public transportation during the night is also advisable to avoid. Overall, lived here 7 years both N and W side, no problems.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey there, would I need a car for year 1 and 2 (going from home to school, grocery shopping, etc). Sadly, covid impacted my ability to take driving classes. I am from the NE, so I am not worried about the cold weather, if that factors into having a car.
you definitely don't need a car in the Near West Side (Rush area), in fact, having a car in Chicago is a pain cuz of speed traps and parking fees/costs. You'll be better off with no car, don't worry :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there, would I need a car for year 1 and 2 (going from home to school, grocery shopping, etc). Sadly, covid impacted my ability to take driving classes. I am from the NE, so I am not worried about the cold weather, if that factors into having a car.
I agree with what's already been said! I'm in Wicker Park and haven't had any issues without a car. I'm thinking about bringing one out for M2 so I can be more involved with volunteering in the suburbs, but I likely won't drive it to/from campus or for groceries. Chicago public transport is great and that's what I use to get around most the time.

Reactions: 1 users
I sent an update this morning on the portal...does anyone want to bet if it will impact anything? I got 3-1 odds they'll just fast track me through the interview and go straight to acceptance.
I sent an update last month, got an II a week later, and am now accepted :) can't say for sure they 100% work all the time but seemed to work for me.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I sent an update last month, got an II a week later, and am now accepted :) can't say for sure they 100% work all the time but seemed to work for me.
Congrats! I updated but haven't heard back yet, unfortunately.

We thinking there could be one more round of II's sent out after plan to enroll opens on Friday?

We thinking there could be one more round of II's sent out after plan to enroll opens on Friday?
II really don’t have to do with that stuff, it’s more acceptances given out. II is just gonna be based on a probably predetermined goal

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a ll! Shocked and delighted. LM 70 OOS, a gazillion volunteering/service hours so I guess I fulfill their commitment to consider kids who care about community service

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
II today- complete end of August. I’m floored because I thought I was done!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users

II today as well! Complete October 8th. AND I sent an update in recently. Anyone who bet that they'd fast track me to acceptance I think I owe you money 3-1 odds.

Reactions: 3 users
II today as well! Complete October 8th. AND I sent an update in recently. Anyone who bet that they'd fast track me to acceptance I think I owe you money 3-1 odds.
II today- complete end of August. I’m floored because I thought I was done!
Just got a ll! Shocked and delighted. LM 70 OOS, a gazillion volunteering/service hours so I guess I fulfill their commitment to consider kids who care about community service

What time did you get your II? Just want to see if they send IIs all at once or over time

Mine came at 12:32PM Central time. they have slots available on 2/24 and 3/4. There are a total of 21 unscheduled interviews left according to the thingy. I imagine at least some of those openings have already been offered to people they just haven't scheduled yet.

Mine came at 12:32PM Central time. they have slots available on 2/24 and 3/4. There are a total of 21 unscheduled interviews left according to the thingy. I imagine at least some of those openings have already been offered to people they just haven't scheduled yet.
same time of II and dates available

Are they going to interview after these dates or should we consider it over for this school?

Accepted today 1:03PST!! Completed 8/3, interviewed 2/3

• Love
Accepted earlier today!! interviewed 2/3.

• Love
got an II last friday! completely unexpected lol my stats are not amazing

Reactions: 5 users
Pre-II R :/

• Care
Just wondering, is Rush still sending out IIs? If they are done interviewing in about 3 weeks, I am assuming they are mostly done. It's been silent for me and I really love Rush soo ://

Just wondering, is Rush still sending out IIs? If they are done interviewing in about 3 weeks, I am assuming they are mostly done. It's been silent for me and I really love Rush soo ://
Same here. But I believe if they haven't rejected us, we are still in the running for an II. Aren't they done interviewing in mid-March?

+1
OOS. Complete end of August. LM 67.
All good, except I would’ve loved for this R to not be dragged out this long 😅
Me too!! Got that pre-II R yesterday with the rest of the R batch. OOS, complete 8/23, update letter sent late Jan. The 3 e-mails saying we're still in consideration... totally led me on! haha 💔

I think this is a good moment to finally conclude after 2 cycles for CERTAIN, that those emails mean NOTHING.

Anyone else without an R and no II? I was complete 8/3

This is my top choice school :nailbiting:

Reactions: 11 users