2020-2021 Saint Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You can double check in the Comms Status tab:
View attachment 314723
That’s weird, on the status page it says “Application File Complete” but never received an email about it. Don’t have the communication email for complete either. So am I complete?
82E31B5A-78A2-4158-92FB-4AAF49442CBE.png

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone received an interview invite yet ? I figure those will be coming out in the next week or two maybe (?)

That’s weird, on the status page it says “Application File Complete” but never received an email about it. Don’t have the communication email for complete either. So am I complete?View attachment 314757
Click on the Communications Status tab. It will show you what e-mails they have sent to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting! Like @Pokemon95 I do not have that top message in my portal. I'm thinking it should probably be okay?
I have not received the complete email on my communication tab either. I’m going to call tomorrow and see what happened. Disappointed bc I thought I was complete 2 weeks ago lol

Does anyone know how stringent SLU is with LOR requirements? My stats are pretty good for SLU and they keep sending me promotional info after getting my MCAT score, but I'm missing a LOR from a faculty at my university (I have 2 science prof LOR's, and 2 MD LOR's). I'm gonna shoot their adcoms office an email too, but do any of you know if they're accepting of other LOR's to take place of a professor?

Hey if anyone has insight about SLU / Louis I'd be appreciative!

1. What is a typical week like for M1/M2? How much required PBL / lab is there compared to lectures?

2. What is living in St. Louis like? Would it be easy to live in suburbs? Is there any opportunity for outdoors stuff?

Thanks y'all!

Hey if anyone has insight about SLU / Louis I'd be appreciative!

1. What is a typical week like for M1/M2? How much required PBL / lab is there compared to lectures?

2. What is living in St. Louis like? Would it be easy to live in suburbs? Is there any opportunity for outdoors stuff?

Thanks y'all!

I lived in St Louis for 2 years during my Post-Bac. St Louis is one of those cities that has so many things going for it but also has its dark side. It has fantastic food options, cheap rent and a lot of free things to do. There is outdoor stuff to do but it is a drive to get there also the weather in the summer can be BRUTAL. SLU just built a brand new hospital and their campus is in close proximity to Washington University in St Louis Medical school/Barnes Jewish Hospital. There are some nice areas nearby. The county (the suburbs) is nice, usually on the more wealthy side and you can reach SLU using Metro but it really depends on where you live. University City/Clayton near Wash U is a great place to live and has easy Metro access. Grand Blvd can be a little sketchy but I walked from the Metro station to SLU once a week for volunteering and never had an issue. If you have any more specific questions feel free to PM me!

Reactions: 1 users
How much required PBL / lab is there compared to lectures?

Depends on the class and they are making changes to the curriculum, but most classes probably have between 1-4 small group activities and the rest is lecture.

does anyone have a list of student orgs here? doesnt seem to be posted on their website

I just got it today, hope it doesn't affect me much, because there was nothing in my junk either. I think it's because its an edu email. Future applicants should avoid using an edu email.
This same thing happened to me.. any idea why this happens with edu emails or how to prevent it? I really don't want to be annoying and email other schools about not receiving secondaries, but I am now unsure of whether other secondary app invitations have also been lost in transmission

Members don't see this ad :)
This same thing happened to me.. any idea why this happens with edu emails or how to prevent it? I really don't want to be annoying and email other schools about not receiving secondaries, but I am now unsure of whether other secondary app invitations have also been lost in transmission

So i figured out that my school email has a "quarantine" that they send spam to thats a whole different website for outlook, I would look up your school and spam to see what they do with spam emails.

So i figured out that my school email has a "quarantine" that they send spam to thats a whole different website for outlook, I would look up your school and spam to see what they do with spam emails.
thank you so so much, I had no idea this existed!

For the secondary question asking to provide additional comment I’m debating on whether I should answer. Is it worth doing a “why SLU” essay when I really don’t have any significant ties or anything..

Hi, I am an international student with stats of 3.91/518. I have around 300 hr volunteering experience and 4000 hr research. Does anyone know how likely I will get an II? I know it's different and less likely for international students but just wondering.

For the secondary question asking to provide additional comment I’m debating on whether I should answer. Is it worth doing a “why SLU” essay when I really don’t have any significant ties or anything..

For what it's worth, I did that and got an II. It was in December though, so it was an automatic waitlist and I didn't get in.

Reactions: 2 users
is the covid essay optional? i graduated in december and didn't have to deal with any of that....

If it doesn't apply to you then you can simply explain that in a sentence based on their wording. That's what I did.

I have not received the complete email on my communication tab either. I’m going to call tomorrow and see what happened. Disappointed bc I thought I was complete 2 weeks ago lol
Did you figure this one out? I submit back in July, and I only have the two emails not the three. But, just as you mentioned, the application status page has a check by complete.

Did you figure this one out? I submit back in July, and I only have the two emails not the three. But, just as you mentioned, the application status page has a check by complete.
I emailed them about this and they confirmed that the files were complete even without that email as long as the portal says it’s good

Hi all! Re-applicant to SLU who interviewed in Jan and WL in March. Just wanted to share my info to see if anyone else on the same boat.
AMCAS Primary submitted 7/1 and verified 8/12.
SLU secondary received 8/13.
Submitted just now 8/22 and got the "Your application is now complete and under review." email a couple of seconds after.

Does that mean I'm all complete and ready to go? I dont see a date or timestamp on my LOR's circles. Here is a screenshot:
1598147768104.png

Hi all! Re-applicant to SLU who interviewed in Jan and WL in March. Just wanted to share my info to see if anyone else on the same boat.
AMCAS Primary submitted 7/1 and verified 8/12.
SLU secondary received 8/13.
Submitted just now 8/22 and got the "Your application is now complete and under review." email a couple of seconds after.

Does that mean I'm all complete and ready to go? I dont see a date or timestamp on my LOR's circles. Here is a screenshot:
View attachment 316682
Mine looks the same. Should be good-to-go.

Does St. Louis accept update letters? (Is there a list of which schools do and which don't?)

Does St. Louis accept update letters? (Is there a list of which schools do and which don't?)
yes, it's an option on their portal
if you search "med schools update letters", I've seen past SDN threads that have compiled schools. Some schools have changed though, so your best bet is to search the portal for info.

yes, it's an option on their portal
if you search "med schools update letters", I've seen past SDN threads that have compiled schools. Some schools have changed though, so your best bet is to search the portal for info.

+2 @ everything RE: to OP said.

Also ALWAYS double check MSAR and TRIPLE CHECK the school's website.

You want to ensure such a small thing does not rub off like you cant follow simple instructions.

Worse case scenario always end the messages, letter, emails, and/or any other form of communication with admissions with humility and respect. We human its ok if we accident do send it to them when we aren't suppose to.

Does anyone know if SLU looks at how long you took to complete the secondary?

nothing here... It has been really slow. I have been tracking about 24 MD schools and seventy-five percent of those haven't sent out any interview invites yet. It seems like is a slower than normal cycle.

I'm in a similar boat. Continuing to wait as patiently as I can

I'm in a similar boat. Continuing to wait as patiently as I can
Feels like this whole cycle can be summed up by “hurry up and wait”. I scrambled to get my transcripts in and my app verified and now I’m just twiddling my thumbs at home.

Reactions: 8 users
Did anyone else get the email trying asking for people to apply? found that odd since I had already applied and heard nothing from them

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone else get the email trying asking for people to apply? found that odd since I had already applied and heard nothing from them
I just got an email asking me to fill out a secondary app. i replied and said i already did and that my portal had green check marks on everything. ive been done since the end of july.

Dang I wrote down they didn’t :/ that stinks

However, I should also mention that I received an II today and they didn't mention anything about VITA, so I'm not sure when/how they are going to be using it. Perhaps only certain people receive it if they're undecided about sending II's? Or maybe the VITA invite comes afterward. Who knows.

However, I should also mention that I received an II today and they didn't mention anything about VITA, so I'm not sure when/how they are going to be using it. Perhaps only certain people receive it if they're undecided about sending II's? Or maybe the VITA invite comes afterward. Who knows.
Do you mind sharing when you were complete?

They are using VITA. They didnt mention it in the II, but I had already taken VITA and got an email a few days later from AAMC listing the schools that requested it, and saint louis was on there.

They are using VITA. They didnt mention it in the II, but I had already taken VITA and got an email a few days later from AAMC listing the schools that requested it, and saint louis was on there.

Interesting. So they requested VITA from you and after you completed it you were sent an II?