-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Saint Louis
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
anonymoususer343434
Full Member
Am I mistaken or is that there only question? (aside from COVID) but I would definitely put something unless it's all been said in the primary. I haven't received II, but I wrote about how my experiences align with their mission/the diversity I could bring and "why us"Sitting on this secondary. Did anyone that received a II (or people in general) write anything for the optional "anything else prompt? I'm between a "why us" response and an academic mishaps response but don't want to be unnecessary.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sitting on this secondary. Did anyone that received a II (or people in general) write anything for the optional "anything else" prompt? I'm between a "why us" response and an academic mishaps response but don't want to be unnecessary.
I think it's smart to do whichever one will provide more context to your application/be the most authentic. I did a why us essay because I have a lot of connections to SLU as an institution and St. Louis as a city that are not immediately obvious from my primary and which I wanted to highlight.
I wrote a why us and got the II!Sitting on this secondary. Did anyone that received a II (or people in general) write anything for the optional "anything else" prompt? I'm between a "why us" response and an academic mishaps response but don't want to be unnecessary.
anonymoususer343434
Full Member
Congrats! Would you mind sharing when you were complete? and if any ties? Hoping you're right about II's so far, keeping fingers crossedII received on Thursday! A little late to the thread OOS. Might be mistaken but it seems like they've sent out very few so far (or at least very few reported)
Congrats! Would you mind sharing when you were complete? and if any ties? Hoping you're right about II's so far, keeping fingers crossed
I believe I was complete 7/11. I wrote a why us response in the additional info because I felt like that was important for emphasizing my application as I don't have any ties.
anonymoususer343434
Full Member
Awesome, I did roughly the same, but didn't submit for a couple more days. Congrats again!I believe I was complete 7/11. I wrote a why us response in the additional info because I felt like that was important for emphasizing my application as I don't have any ties.
I was planning to apply to one more school, and it seems that not too many II's have gone out from Saint Louis. Would it be too late to apply here if I can quickly return a secondary?
I was planning to apply to one more school, and it seems that not too many II's have gone out from Saint Louis. Would it be too late to apply here if I can quickly return a secondary?
Do it! It's a great school and the secondary is super easy. Just an optional essay for additional info.
daffymed213
New Member
However, I should also mention that I received an II today and they didn't mention anything about VITA, so I'm not sure when/how they are going to be using it. Perhaps only certain people receive it if they're undecided about sending II's? Or maybe the VITA invite comes afterward. Who knows.
I applied Early Decision and interviewed on 9/15. Yet, my VITA invite didn't come in until the 17th. Today, I called to ask about it and they said to be fair to all applicants I should "go ahead and complete it." Otherwise, there was no mention of it between my interview invite, the interview itself or even the virtual tour. Good luck to everyone applying this cycle and don't let yourself get too crazy about the process! Stay driven and positive, it all comes together!
anonymoususer343434
Full Member
Congrats! Would you mind sharing stats/LM? and complete date?II just now
Sure! I think complete date was 7/16 but I will update when I get to my computer. LM is 77, OOSCongrats! Would you mind sharing stats/LM? and complete date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II just now! LM 75
II this afternoon as well! OOS 3.8x GPAs and 511 MCAT, complete 7/11
JDoctor_100
New Member
II just now! Super excited, St. Louis is high on my list!
Congratulations!!!!!!! Can I ask about your stats and complete date please?II just now! Super excited, St. Louis is high on my list!
i have interview 9/28 but i still haven't gotten any info abut vita, should I call them . there was no mention of vita in my interview email
Same, I got the VITA invite but there was no mention of it from SLU. I might ask them about it during the interview day. Have you gotten invited to do VITA yet?
Did anyone get the zoom link for the info session tomorrow that is occurring prior to our faculty interview? I am not sure where to find it!
Lol I just realized I haven't gotten it either. It's not in the interview tab or in any of their emails. Maybe they'll send it tomorrow morning?
Hopefully lol!Lol I just realized I haven't gotten it either. It's not in the interview tab or in any of their emails. Maybe they'll send it tomorrow morning?
I haven't got mine either.Did anyone get the zoom link for the info session tomorrow that is occurring prior to our faculty interview? I am not sure where to find it!
orthopod19
New Member
II just now!!!!! Complete 7/14
+1: II just now and complete 7/14II just now!!!!! Complete 7/14
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
also got II! complete 7/13. had my first ever MD interview at another school this morning so to get this today is unreal![]()
Jesus LM of 83.8!? My god what is that? 3.9x and 525+ good job partner! Good luck. I am kind of an underdog for this school but it still is my dream school!
Jesus LM of 83.8!? My god what is that? 3.9x and 525+ good job partner! Good luck. I am kind of an underdog for this school but it still is my dream school!
At least we know SLU doesn't yield protect.
At least we know SLU doesn't yield protect.
Apparently, my god.
toxicbadge
Full Member
II! Scheduled for 10/20. OOS, URM, LM 65
II! Scheduled for 10/20. OOS, URM, LM 65
When we’re you complete?
II! Scheduled for 10/20. OOS, URM, LM 65
Congrats! & Good luck!
toxicbadge
Full Member
I was complete 7/13When we’re you complete?
I was complete 7/13
Sounds like they are going in order. Last ones were I believe 7/11. I am 7/29, sounds like it will be a while. Take note: IMPORTANT to submit EARLY, ASAP.
7/11 complete, haven't heard anything. Hopefully not a soft R, really like this school.
Holy s**t. INTERVIEW INVITE! Was not expecting that.
10/12 - earliest date available when i was schedulingwhen did all the poeple who got II today schedule their interview ? and anyways good luck
SLU was a beautiful school (interviewed today), but my interviewer was the toughest I've had so far. Student interview was pretty chill.
fun10139med
Full Member
SLU was a beautiful school (interviewed today), but my interviewer was the toughest I've had so far. Student interview was pretty chill.
Congrats!!! I just got an II today. Is there any way to request the mroning interview slot? Idk if I can take off work SMH... What time did yours end?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
idk_premed
New Member
I'm interviewing 10/6. I have a new activity (part-time job) that's not on my application. Should I upload some kind of document about this before my interview? Or ever? If so, do I just format it similarly to AMCAS experiences section?
Thanks!!
Thanks!!
I think if you just started it might be easier to just mention it during the interview.I'm interviewing 10/6. I have a new activity (part-time job) that's not on my application. Should I upload some kind of document about this before my interview? Or ever? If so, do I just format it similarly to AMCAS experiences section?
Thanks!!
Mine ended at like 4 pmCongrats!!! I just got an II today. Is there any way to request the mroning interview slot? Idk if I can take off work SMH... What time did yours end?
Holy s**t. INTERVIEW INVITE! Was not expecting that.
stats?
