-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Saint Louis
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
II! LM 72 complete 7/15 ORM
Edit: for anyone else with an II, where is the Video Interview Agreement tab they want us to sign? I don’t see it
You may have to wait until they assign you an interviewer (you will get another email) before they let you sign.
II! LM 74. I did complete the optional essay on the secondary.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anonymoususer343434
Full Member
Congrats! Would you mind sharing your complete date? I'm same stats but 7/17 and getting nervous but seems most are completed before meII! LM 74. I did complete the optional essay on the secondary.
II also received today! Complete 7/12, so seems they are still reviewing and considering the early applications.
ReallyNicepremed
Full Member
II earlier today!! LM 68. 4,000 clinical hours. Complete 7/14.
I was complete a few days before you so you're good! Definitely seems like they're reviewing apps in order of completion.Congrats! Would you mind sharing your complete date? I'm same stats but 7/17 and getting nervous but seems most are completed before me
I was complete a few days before you so you're good! Definitely seems like they're reviewing apps in order of completion.
Not completely in order (although definitely to some extent) because I got an II today but was complete 8/8
Does anyone know how to address the question about the 2020 Spring Quarter P/F? I'm in a post-bacc and I honestly don't know how they implemented the P/F in my school because I kept my grades as a letter grade so I'm trying to understand if this is an optional essay or how to really address it. Any advice would be helpful 🙂
You can't google and find out what your school did? It's not optional. I also did a post-bacc and just said "students were given the option to keep traditional letter grades or switch to P/F."Does anyone know how to address the question about the 2020 Spring Quarter P/F? I'm in a post-bacc and I honestly don't know how they implemented the P/F in my school because I kept my grades as a letter grade so I'm trying to understand if this is an optional essay or how to really address it. Any advice would be helpful 🙂
D
deleted1060270
II today! Complete 7/15.
just found it on their website! "Please complete [VITA] within 4 weeks of invitation." I'd guess the earlier the better thoughDoes anyone know when we need to have VITA completed by for SLU?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for not being dumb like me and googling it loljust found it on their website! "Please complete [VITA] within 4 weeks of invitation." I'd guess the earlier the better though
Yea I did vita fro another school before slu and today I got an email from amcas saying vita update and that slu now is added to the list of schools that have access to my completed vitaAnyone that's already completed VITA for another school, you only received an email from HireVue when you completed your VITA, correct? I did VITA 2 weeks ago and got another email from aamc today. Just wanted to make sure SLU got mine
II today! ORM, LM 74, OOS, 4,000 clinical hours, and complete 7/14
I'm interviewing here soon. OOS and have zero connections to St. Louis or SLU. Would love to hear some insight into the interview day and about SLU in general from anyone who completed the interview or are med students at SLU!![]()
I interviewed here last week and it was a pretty chill interview day overall, similar to the experiences of those on the SDN interview page for SLU (now with the addition of the extra student interview). There was also a virtual tour, a short talk from the diversity office, then Q&A breakout session with some current med students.
The interview gave me a great impression of the school in general. There's definitely a huge focus on social justice and community service which I thought was cool. The students also seem very happy & relaxed, there's a lot of focus on student wellness & there seems to be a strong relationship between the students and faculty. The school is continuously modifying the curriculum each year with input from students and the recent changes have made it more flexible (less focus on traditional lecture I believe, more independent learning from 3rd party resources provided by the school). I definitely enjoyed the experience and think it would be a great school to go to. I'm also OOS and have never been to St Louis but the city seems very lively & diverse.
Thanks for the info! I know that they said student interviewers reach out directly to applicants - how long before your interview did yours email you? got II a week ago but only have the faculty one scheduledI interviewed here last week and it was a pretty chill interview day overall, similar to the experiences of those on the SDN interview page for SLU (now with the addition of the extra student interview).
and honestly the student interview was barley an "interview". It was literally just a tell me about yourself question followed by the med student asking you to ask him/her any questions you have about SLU. That was it
I think this may depend on the interviewer. Mine was still conversational but they asked me a lot of traditional interview questions.
II Just now. No ties! Stats below. Complete 7/14.
coldbrewcoffee123
New Member
II today! OOS complete 7/17. MCAT 517, GPA 3.85.
II received! OOS, ORM, LM 71, Complete mid July
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone been able to find an actual schematic of their curriculum over the 4 years? the little list on the curriculum page is underwhelming. actually it feels like most of their website is super bare-bones 🙁
Is this what you're looking for? https://www.slu.edu/medicine/medical-education/md/curriculum/img/diagram2020.png
That's the diagram of how their curriculum is structured throughout all four years.
From what I learned at the interview, they have non-mandatory lectures which are recorded & they are starting to phase in a lot of third party resources to supplement the lecture material. I believe they also have some in-person learning activities but I'm not sure how often this happens.
anonymoususer343434
Full Member
II today as well, LM 73-74, OOS ORM no ties, earliest date was 11/2 when I logged in, went to my promotions folder
Edit: complete 7/16
Edit: complete 7/16
Last edited:
Looks like they are still reviewing the ones submitted in mid-July. I wonder when they will be reviewing Mid-Aug apps...I hope there will still be interview slots for us lol
I wasn’t complete until late July and my stats are a bit low but my whole app was about social justice and public health so I’m hoping that’s enough to catch someone’s eye...
chemmajor123
Full Member
Mine was exactly like the other comment or where the student asked me to tell him/her some information about myself and wanted to answer any questions about the school I had. I just tried to make conversation with the student and it was very short. So yeah not feeling too hot about getting in here :/I think this may depend on the interviewer. Mine was still conversational but they asked me a lot of traditional interview questions.
Mine was exactly like the other comment or where the student asked me to tell him/her some information about myself and wanted to answer any questions about the school I had. I just tried to make conversation with the student and it was very short. So yeah not feeling too hot about getting in here :/
I wouldn't sweat it, it's possible your interviewer just wasn't a super conversational person. My faculty interview seemed a lot more like a traditional interview and since the student interview is just a pilot program I kind of assume it doesn't hold as much weight as the faculty one.
II today. complete 7/15
anonymoususer343434
Full Member
This is my first school I have to do VITA for, and I just got the email. I can't find anywhere they give a timeline for that, has anyone else heard when they want that completed? I was planning on doing it one day next week, but don't want to miss a deadline if it's a super quick turn around request or something.
they want it done within a month of the request. I found that info on their websiteThis is my first school I have to do VITA for, and I just got the email. I can't find anywhere they give a timeline for that, has anyone else heard when they want that completed? I was planning on doing it one day next week, but don't want to miss a deadline if it's a super quick turn around request or something.
anonymoususer343434
Full Member
Okay awesome, thank you so much, I must've missed that.they want it done within a month of the request. I found that info on their website
chemmajor123
Full Member
Does anyone know how much they’re factoring in VITA
one billion percent. jk idk its prob not a big one since this is 1st year. But another question I have is is the post II acceptance rate for in state residents like literally 100 percent . cause that's what msar makes it seems like. 100 people taken out of 360 Instate interviews.Does anyone know how much they’re factoring in VITA
I have a general question about IIs, do schools go back and review your app if like the current II invite dates are like well past your complete date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a general question about IIs, do schools go back and review your app if like the current II invite dates are like well past your complete date?
Med school admissions isn't really a linear process so it's hard to say. It looks like SLU is really just working down the list but a lot of schools will try to interview some individuals first (might be high stats, URM, ties to the school, legacies) and then go back and re-evaluate based on how many they accept. You're not out of the game until you get a rejection.
Just received an II!! OOS
Last edited:
II! OOS with ties to the area, complete late July
probablyrejected2020
Full Member
late but got an II Wednesday I think (went to promotional and didn't search for it until I got my VITA on Thursday)
Complete 7/16, LM 71, white male, OOS no ties
Does anyone know the post II acceptance rate here?
Complete 7/16, LM 71, white male, OOS no ties
Does anyone know the post II acceptance rate here?
Stats?Just received an II!! OOS, Complete 7/19