2020-2021 SUNY - Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got put on the AL, interviewed 3/8.

Really hoping to turn it into an A, Downstate is my #1 choice, and I'm on 2 other WLs.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh gotchu thanks! Was trying to figure out if there was just one wave of emails earlier or if some are still going out! Hoping you get the good news 😊

so is there anyone else left who hasn’t heard at all post II? Seems like I may be the only one on here haha 😂

Reactions: 3 users
1621201999554.png

Reactions: 7 users
Oh gotchu thanks! Was trying to figure out if there was just one wave of emails earlier or if some are still going out! Hoping you get the good news 😊

so is there anyone else left who hasn’t heard at all post II? Seems like I may be the only one on here haha 😂
havent heard anything at all post II either 😭 you're not alone

has anyone that has gotten an A off the alternate list. did you send any updates or LOI after your AL? i feel like this school has seen my name so many times and they still don't care LMAO

• Care
Should we send NYS residency papers through the mail? I'm not sure if we can scan the notarized papers and email it

Members don't see this ad :)
where are you guys getting your bls certifications?
i used thebestbls for my certification (took around 3-4 weeks b/c everything was a bit backed up with covid a few months ago). i am not sure if they are still available but u can find them and other companies affiliated with AHA on the AHA website:

Out of curiosity for those that are still waiting on the WL, are you guys going to reapply when AMCAS opens or waiting until mid-late summer?

Out of curiosity for those that are still waiting on the WL, are you guys going to reapply when AMCAS opens or waiting until mid-late summer?
I’m going to reapply as soon as it opens (or within the first week or two). Currently sitting on 5 WLs and I don’t want to risk applying late because of what ifs. If I submit my primary and then get in, that’s great and I’ll pull my application but I don’t want to risk anything for next cycle

Reactions: 1 users
I’m going to reapply as soon as it opens (or within the first week or two). Currently sitting on 5 WLs and I don’t want to risk applying late because of what ifs. If I submit my primary and then get in, that’s great and I’ll pull my application but I don’t want to risk anything for next cycle
Exactly what I’m doing. Planning on the first week of June, hoping I get pulled from the WL.

Reactions: 2 users
Really don't want to apply late again after learning my lesson this cycle, and also don't want to wait a year to apply. But I'm also not prepared to resubmit right when it opens. I think my plan is to make a strong push these next few weeks and submit my primary by late June (still a month earlier than when I submitted last year).
I feel the same. I'm trying to work on rewriting a lot during the first few weeks of June to give myself time from post-bacc finals. I am so not ready to reapply but also don't want to be late like last year...(submitted secondaries august). I'm honestly so frustrated cuz I also feel like I should retake MCAT but that would make me late too

I feel the same. I'm trying to work on rewriting a lot during the first few weeks of June to give myself time from post-bacc finals. I am so not ready to reapply but also don't want to be late like last year...(submitted secondaries august). I'm honestly so frustrated cuz I also feel like I should retake MCAT but that would make me late too
wait is submitting secondaries in august late?, I submitted mine like first week of August and thought that was early to ontime?

wait is submitting secondaries in august late?, I submitted mine like first week of August and thought that was early to ontime?
Well I've read everywhere that you should submit asap b/c transmission can take a few weeks and then secondaries should be completed late june/july. And ofc everyone's MCA, including mine, got rescheduled...ppl were late and everyone said med schools would be lenient. (insert clown meme here rip me). We all saw how that turned out lmao. I def can't submit right away tho. I'm also honestly worried if the # of applications will remain this high for this upcoming cycle or even increase

• Care
Will today be the day we see some movement?

Still HODLing, but I'm strongly feeling the temptation to paperhand and register for another MCAT date, since it was a miracle downstate accepted my 6/2018 MCAT this cycle

Will today be the day we see some movement?

Still HODLing, but I'm strongly feeling the temptation to paperhand and register for another MCAT date, since it was a miracle downstate accepted my 6/2018 MCAT this cycle
Are you into crypto or is this just a coincidence? :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Is everyone sending their LOI's to the admissions email/uploading it to the portal? Or is anyone emailing a specific dean/director/person?

Reactions: 1 user
Is everyone sending their LOI's to the admissions email/uploading it to the portal? Or is anyone emailing a specific dean/director/person?
I sent mine through the portal under "Continued Interest" category

has anyone that has gotten an A off the alternate list. did you send any updates or LOI after your AL? i feel like this school has seen my name so many times and they still don't care LMAO
I didn't send in anything after the AL

• Hmm
Withdrawing my A, good luck to everyone still waiting!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
These keep lighting up my dark dark world rn, thank you for letting us know and good luck at your chosen medical school!

I didn't send in anything after the AL
very interesting, i be sending mad updates and LOI's saying they are my #1, i guess it doesnt have much hold.

ANDDDDD thank you for letting us know. I wish you good luck for ur path in school<3

very interesting, i be sending mad updates and LOI's saying they are my #1, i guess it doesnt have much hold.

ANDDDDD thank you for letting us know. I wish you good luck for ur path in school<3
I'm IS and CUNY undergrad in their honors program. Maybe that made a difference?

Regardless, love letters never hurt as long as they're genuine. Maybe they'll take you just to stop the harassing lmao

ANDDDDD thanks! A few weeks ago I was bugging too bc didn't get into any places I wanted, it all works out!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I'm IS and CUNY undergrad in their honors program. Maybe that made a difference?

Regardless, love letters never hurt as long as they're genuine. Maybe they'll take you just to stop the harassing lmao

ANDDDDD thanks! A few weeks ago I was bugging too bc didn't get into any places I wanted, it all works out!
omg im also IS and CUNY undergrad was in the honors program.... :rofl: i wish that makes a difference for me as well!!!! maybe they see you dropped and were like lets find someone EXACTLY like you and thus throw me the A *prayers*

My love letters are very genuine :( even the Dean hit me up about it so I really thought it would have worked out for me by now.

I'm verryyyyy happy for you. I'm glad you slowly started getting the schools you want. Ik you'll be happy. i hope a lot of us get the same energy:)

• Care
Anyone accepted have any luck getting items on their pre-matric checklist updated? I sent them my health stuff a while back and no response.

Wondering if the WL silence is because of an incoming A wave, or if they've filled up spots and don't have anymore left to give

Anyone accepted have any luck getting items on their pre-matric checklist updated? I sent them my health stuff a while back and no response.
Still haven't gotten my study styles checked off. Haven't submit health forms but now terrified thst my doctors only appointment was June 11😭

I just withdrew from the alternate list. Best of luck everyone.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Does anyone know if titers completed last year are still valid this year? I got all my titers done last year while I was on the alternate list (accepted this year) and I don't want to do it again if I don't have to. I sent studenthealth an email about it but haven't received a response yet; I assume they're backed up on emails right now.

Does anyone know if titers completed last year are still valid this year? I got all my titers done last year while I was on the alternate list (accepted this year) and I don't want to do it again if I don't have to. I sent studenthealth an email about it but haven't received a response yet; I assume they're backed up on emails right now.
I think it should be fine but you can always email or call regular student admissions theyre very helpful and im sure they could answer your question

Where's my refresh gang at? Thoughts about hearing tonight or later this week? Lot of withdrawals recently.
I’m holding my breath because I legit have no clue if they’ll hit us up tonight, tomorrow, next week, if at all lmao. so far nothing for me. I’m trying to keep my refreshing to 6:30 and 11:45 PM since those times had decent movement. Who knows with downstate honestly.

Could today be the day when they put an end to our misery??? Please Downstate. Come through

Reactions: 11 users