-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 SUNY - Downstate
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
whatevenisthis
Full Member
well that's good, we must know by then. But wow it's gonna be crazy trying to find housing.Previous years has been 2nd Monday of August, so I assume 8/9/21
Does it mean anything that there are...148 members in the official FB group?!
I should really focus my energy on my reapplication but...here I am 🤡🤡🤡
I should really focus my energy on my reapplication but...here I am 🤡🤡🤡
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
forgetting
Full Member
anyone else going DO unless the waitlist pulls through for them ? 😬
Me!anyone else going DO unless the waitlist pulls through for them ? 😬
Space Platypus
New Member
How long does it take for them to check stuff off the pre-matric list? It has been 3.5 weeks since I submitted. I don't think it would matter since Downstate dream is kind of dead atm, but would like to see checks instead of x.
newyorknewyorker
New Member
Same here. Just called student health and they said they are still processing forms. The person I talked to recommended to check back in Friday if they are still marked as missing. Also, don't lose hope!How long does it take for them to check stuff off the pre-matric list? It has been 3.5 weeks since I submitted. I don't think it would matter since Downstate dream is kind of dead atm, but would like to see checks instead of x.
Fitness_Med
Full Member
It's been a long journey. I'm taking myself off of the waitlist and committing to my state MD school (deadline). I know I was able to cherish some great moments and memes with everyone in here, and I wish you all the best!
theminipremed
Full Member
Does anyone know if we get white costs that are embroidered eventually or just ones w name tags? Because that is kinda lame :/
um chileeee anyways so...
happy cte day everyone! fingers crossed for some movement after today
happy cte day everyone! fingers crossed for some movement after today
What did it say?Did everyone else committed elsewhere just receive the email from Heinrich?
whatevenisthis
Full Member
If only we could know how many seats are there / opened up
My health pre-matric checklist items are still not checked off 😕 Granted, I had to submit kinda late (6/25) because I had some issues getting appts with my doctor, but still, I had hoped they'd be checked off by now given someone mentioning Friday (today) from the student health office. Do you guys think getting off the AL depends on whether the pre-matric items are complete or am I overthinking?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
basicnygirl
MS1
mandatory orientation is 8/2 while actual classes are 8/9Do we know when the first day of class is?
in the email they sent about the ceremony it said name tags lolllDoes anyone know if we get white costs that are embroidered eventually or just ones w name tags? Because that is kinda lame :/
newyorknewyorker
New Member
I’d give them a call! They were pretty helpful. I also submitted mine around that time and got it checked off this week probably cause I called them to follow up.My health pre-matric checklist items are still not checked off 😕 Granted, I had to submit kinda late (6/25) because I had some issues getting appts with my doctor, but still, I had hoped they'd be checked off by now given someone mentioning Friday (today) from the student health office. Do you guys think getting off the AL depends on whether the pre-matric items are complete or am I overthinking?
MedApplicant923
New Member
i think they will be embroidered actually! apparently, last year's class had it embroidered so fingers crossed they do the same for us this year 🙂mandatory orientation is 8/2 while actual classes are 8/9
in the email they sent about the ceremony it said name tags lolll
basicnygirl
MS1
i hope so! Im just going off of the email it said to make sure you fill out the white coat form so your name tag is read correctly but hoping for the embroidery!!!i think they will be embroidered actually! apparently, last year's class had it embroidered so fingers crossed they do the same for us this year 🙂
whatevenisthis
Full Member
How we doing AL people?
forgetting
Full Member
How we doing AL people?
not good. moving to my DO school today.. in the middle of nowhere. still refreshing the email. I will 100% drop everything and go here in a heartbeat
I wish they could just tell us if the class is full..... they would know by now because CTE passed!
I just called the admissions committee. They say there's been no movement on the waitlist recently.
Called admission today, was told by the person in a "between you and me" style that I should move on so I don't delay things in life such as signing a new lease etc. Good luck everyone, my DO school orientation is in a few days.
confidence_is_key_
Full Member
Me too!!!!!!! OMG IM SO EXCITEDHey guys,
Just received the A off the waitlist today. They said they only accepted four people off of the waitlist. Hoping for the best for all of you as well!
So guessing waitlist is closed. Like this y’all if you still have a slither of hope left 😔
Congrats!! We’re you OOS or ISMe too!!!!!!! OMG IM SO EXCITED
Just got rejected off the waitlist
Can you tell me the date of the 2021 White Coat ceremony? (Trying to guess what the date of 2022 will be). Thank you!I emailed student affairs asking about the white coat and will post whatever response I get here
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad