2020-2021 SUNY - Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does it mean anything that there are...148 members in the official FB group?!

I should really focus my energy on my reapplication but...here I am 🤡🤡🤡

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just withdrew my spot on the WL. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Anyone know if the admissions team checks document uploads or should updates be emailed straight to admissions?

anyone else going DO unless the waitlist pulls through for them ? 😬

Reactions: 2 users
How long does it take for them to check stuff off the pre-matric list? It has been 3.5 weeks since I submitted. I don't think it would matter since Downstate dream is kind of dead atm, but would like to see checks instead of x.

How long does it take for them to check stuff off the pre-matric list? It has been 3.5 weeks since I submitted. I don't think it would matter since Downstate dream is kind of dead atm, but would like to see checks instead of x.
Same here. Just called student health and they said they are still processing forms. The person I talked to recommended to check back in Friday if they are still marked as missing. Also, don't lose hope!

It's been a long journey. I'm taking myself off of the waitlist and committing to my state MD school (deadline). I know I was able to cherish some great moments and memes with everyone in here, and I wish you all the best!

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Does anyone know if we get white costs that are embroidered eventually or just ones w name tags? Because that is kinda lame :/

um chileeee anyways so...

happy cte day everyone! fingers crossed for some movement after today

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My health pre-matric checklist items are still not checked off :confused: Granted, I had to submit kinda late (6/25) because I had some issues getting appts with my doctor, but still, I had hoped they'd be checked off by now given someone mentioning Friday (today) from the student health office. Do you guys think getting off the AL depends on whether the pre-matric items are complete or am I overthinking?

Reactions: 1 user
My health pre-matric checklist items are still not checked off :confused: Granted, I had to submit kinda late (6/25) because I had some issues getting appts with my doctor, but still, I had hoped they'd be checked off by now given someone mentioning Friday (today) from the student health office. Do you guys think getting off the AL depends on whether the pre-matric items are complete or am I overthinking?
I’d give them a call! They were pretty helpful. I also submitted mine around that time and got it checked off this week probably cause I called them to follow up.

Reactions: 1 users
mandatory orientation is 8/2 while actual classes are 8/9

in the email they sent about the ceremony it said name tags lolll
i think they will be embroidered actually! apparently, last year's class had it embroidered so fingers crossed they do the same for us this year :)

i think they will be embroidered actually! apparently, last year's class had it embroidered so fingers crossed they do the same for us this year :)
i hope so! Im just going off of the email it said to make sure you fill out the white coat form so your name tag is read correctly but hoping for the embroidery!!!

I wish they could just tell us if the class is full..... they would know by now because CTE passed!

I just called the admissions committee. They say there's been no movement on the waitlist recently.

• Sad
Called admission today, was told by the person in a "between you and me" style that I should move on so I don't delay things in life such as signing a new lease etc. Good luck everyone, my DO school orientation is in a few days.

Reactions: 8 users
Hey guys,
Just received the A off the waitlist today. They said they only accepted four people off of the waitlist. Hoping for the best for all of you as well!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
So guessing waitlist is closed. Like this y’all if you still have a slither of hope left 😔