2020-2021 Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Current student: the writing assignment is just a prompt that you respond to. I think mine was something about the importance of advocacy and I just ended up ranting about how advocating for things like proper, safe, housing can impact health (specifically with kids with asthma) I thought I was speaking nonsense but I got in so, must not have been bad. Everyone's prompt was different

do you have any tips for the general interview? is it casual? any obscure questions you experienced?
 
do you have any tips for the general interview? is it casual? any obscure questions you experienced?
The interview has changed since me....you used to have to do some weird sim-center encounter with a fake patient but thankfully for you guys, thats not a thing anymore. Now I think you just have the two faculty interviews which are both very chill. Everyone at temple is genuine and will appreciate if you are genuine and show what a "person" you are not how many things you've accomplished. You have the stats, they know about your experience, focus on trying to get them to get to know you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got my invitation for VITA. When do you guys think we should complete it by? Just before the regular interview?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got my invitation for VITA. When do you guys think we should complete it by? Just before the regular interview?
Did you end up taking it yet? I don’t see anything from Temple that specifies when we should complete VITA by.
 
Temple admissions mentioned that if you're in classes, they usually hold your application until Jan to see your fall semester grades. I'm in a grad program which is why they told me that.
 
Temple admissions mentioned that if you're in classes, they usually hold your application until Jan to see your fall semester grades. I'm in a grad program which is why they told me that.
wait does this mean for people still in undergrad too?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone interviewing next week gotten the time slate email yet? I’ve only gotten a schedule without saying if I’m Morning or Afternoon
 
I haven't gotten that email either. I'm assuming they'll send out the detailed schedule with the zoom links early next week (my interview is Thursday).
 
I haven't gotten that email either. I'm assuming they'll send out the detailed schedule with the zoom links early next week (my interview is Thursday).
Ah I’m Tuesday so I’ll probably email them and let you know if there’s an email we didn’t get that we were supposed to!
 
My TU Portal says I start at 8:15a, but I haven't received confirmation of this via email yet. I did get an email today saying I'll get zoom links on Monday and I'm assuming that will come with a more detailed schedule.
Just checked mine and it says 8:15 too! I probably should've checked that haha! Thank you!! 🙂
 
Is it okay to write "Philly" in the secondaries. Not sure if that is formal enough. Philadelphia is quite a long word.