-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Texas Tech, El Paso
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OBGYNKenoby
Full Member
I should clarify. I haven't received the acceptance email from the school, yet. One of my interviewers emailed me to say she'd just heard about my acceptance to the school and wanted to congratulate me! XD
aw that's great. Like your username tooI should clarify. I haven't received the acceptance email from the school, yet. One of my interviewers emailed me to say she'd just heard about my acceptance to the school and wanted to congratulate me! XD
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to those that prematched today! For those that didn’t hear back today, don’t worry! Prematches go out periodically and you still have Match Day (plus the WL if Match Day is uneventful for you like it was for me).
For those with any questions about PLFSOM feel free to message me!
For those with any questions about PLFSOM feel free to message me!
Got prematched this morning as well! My interview day here really blew me away, and I feel so blessed to have a prematch here.
As a side note, I thought one of my interviews was the worst one I've had. Just an encouragement for those who thought their interview was subpar!
As a side note, I thought one of my interviews was the worst one I've had. Just an encouragement for those who thought their interview was subpar!
emmdeetoobee
Full Member
Pre-matched just now!
OBGYNKenoby
Full Member
Despite the email from my interviewer, I still have not received my official prematch acceptance email, so for everyone who hasn't heard anything yet, don't give up!
OBGYNKenoby
Full Member
Hey guys, can I get some advice? Although I got an email from my interviewer yesterday congratulating me on my acceptance, I still have yet to receive any kind of official email of acceptance from the school and my portal hasn't changed. Now I'm starting to worry maybe there was a computer issue, or my interviewer mixed up applicants. Do you think I should reach out to the interviewer or the school to see if I can figure out what's going on? Or am I just being paranoid and I just need to be patient?
I feel like it could be because you are OOS? They might send out offers at a different time? I dont think you should read to much into it. But, I see the concern cause all us premed are neurotic 🙂Hey guys, can I get some advice? Although I got an email from my interviewer yesterday congratulating me on my acceptance, I still have yet to receive any kind of official email of acceptance from the school and my portal hasn't changed. Now I'm starting to worry maybe there was a computer issue, or my interviewer mixed up applicants. Do you think I should reach out to the interviewer or the school to see if I can figure out what's going on? Or am I just being paranoid and I just need to be patient?
OBGYNKenoby
Full Member
Thank you! At some point our mental states will stabilize, but not for another couple of years at least! haha
Photon2419
Full Member
Okay for those of you that got a pre-match offer what does your screen look like? I just wanna confirm I accepted correctly and it looks the same for us all can some of yall PM me please?
MissDoctaDocta
Full Member
What dates were available?II just now. Complete mid-Aug, IS, ORM, LM 74
What dates were available?
Late Oct and early Nov for me
D
deleted1075353
Okay for those of you that got a pre-match offer what does your screen look like? I just wanna confirm I accepted correctly and it looks the same for us all can some of yall PM me please?
Do you guys see "I would like to decline my offer" Y/N?
I mean obviously I'm assuming if I want to accept I should click "No", but this definitely feels like a trap lmao.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey I had the same questions too. I was going to call tomorrow tho or monday. I’ve done the two other sections we have to sign before accepting. But it’s still asking if I want to decline or accept the offer, which is where I’m confused. We have until may15th to make the payment right?Okay for those of you that got a pre-match offer what does your screen look like? I just wanna confirm I accepted correctly and it looks the same for us all can some of yall PM me please?
Lol I’m exactly at that same crossroad. It just doesn’t seem natural to ask me again after I indicated that I accepted the offer. At least the two weeks wouldn’t be expiring anytime soon so I plan on calling the office on monday.Do you guys see "I would like to decline my offer" Y/N?
I mean obviously I'm assuming if I want to accept I should click "No", but this definitely feels like a trap lmao.
Photon2419
Full Member
yeah i think ill call Monday to clarifyLol I’m exactly at that same crossroad. It just doesn’t seem natural to ask me again after I indicated that I accepted the offer. At least the two weeks wouldn’t be expiring anytime soon so I plan on calling the office on monday.
Could you please let us know what you find out?yeah i think ill call Monday to clarify
Did you ever receive the official email by chance?Thank you! At some point our mental states will stabilize, but not for another couple of years at least! haha
Photon2419
Full Member
called but went to voicemail, will keep you all postedCould you please let us know what you find out?
OBGYNKenoby
Full Member
No, I still haven't received anything. I emailed them yesterday and my interviewer today, asking if it was a mistake. The school hasn't responded, but my interviewer seems pretty certain. She contacted them as well, so hopefully this week!!Did you ever receive the official email by chance?
OBGYNKenoby
Full Member
I just received the email! It's real! 😆No, I still haven't received anything. I emailed them yesterday and my interviewer today, asking if it was a mistake. The school hasn't responded, but my interviewer seems pretty certain. She contacted them as well, so hopefully this week!!
Woohoo! I was rooting for you!I just received the email! It's real! 😆
D
deleted1075353
Is any one paying the $100 now? I have no idea where I'm going to end up matriculating and I know we don't HAVE to pay it now but damn am I unreasonably paranoid about losing my seat lol.
Photon2419
Full Member
yo i feel this especially with how wonky their acceptance system was they aint been answering emails or calls, ya boi stressedIs any one paying the $100 now? I have no idea where I'm going to end up matriculating and I know we don't HAVE to pay it now but damn am I unreasonably paranoid about losing my seat lol.
lol same thing I was just thinking. Do you know if the $100 is refundable?Is any one paying the $100 now? I have no idea where I'm going to end up matriculating and I know we don't HAVE to pay it now but damn am I unreasonably paranoid about losing my seat lol.
D
deleted1075353
sadly the offer email says "nonrefundable"lol same thing I was just thinking. Do you know if the $100 is refundable?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lol yea . sad story. I just wanna make sure cos the portal doesn't appear convincing enough if that makes sense.sadly the offer email says "nonrefundable"
Gandhis Return
Full Member
Unexpected but woah same OOS, LM 71Thought I was passed up for sure but II today! Complete early July, LM 72. There is hope guys!! 🙂
Gandhis Return
Full Member
Email. Complete mid June. Didn't see it comingCongrats @Gandhis Return !
Via email or portal ? Complete date ?
MissDoctaDocta
Full Member
Thought I was passed up for sure but II today! Complete early July, LM 72. There is hope guys!! 🙂
Unexpected but woah same OOS, LM 71
Congrats y’all! What dates were available for interviewing?
The first date I saw was mid-November!Congrats y’all! What dates were available for interviewing?
lol same thing I was just thinking. Do you know if the $100 is refundable?
I paid for every seat I was offered regardless of whether or not I thought I was going to go. You never know when a fairly bulky scholarship might come out of nowhere!
Lol. Must not have applied DO. I have offers where they're asking for 1 - 2K for deposits in some places!I paid for every seat I was offered regardless of whether or not I thought I was going to go. You never know when a fairly bulky scholarship might come out of nowhere!
Lol. Must not have applied DO. I have offers where they're asking for 1 - 2K for deposits in some places!
Jesus. They really making the socioeconomic disparity in medicine more drastic.
I know! It's painful, but I got in here so I'm spared!Jesus. They really making the socioeconomic disparity in medicine more drastic.
D
deleted1075353
Has anyone been offered a scholarship to Foster yet this cycle?I paid for every seat I was offered regardless of whether or not I thought I was going to go. You never know when a fairly bulky scholarship might come out of nowhere!
Lol. Must not have applied DO. I have offers where they're asking for 1 - 2K for deposits in some places!
Only TCOM 🙂 And even then I'd still pay if it guaranteed me a spot. Would I try to wait as long as possible, though? Yes.
Has anyone been offered a scholarship to Foster yet this cycle?
I don't know too many applicants this cycle and no one's mentioned it. No idea.
D
deleted1075353
Did anyone else get a letter in the mail after interviewing?
Yeah they mailed me a letter for interviewing but not for getting accepted lol
Yeah they mailed me a letter for interviewing but not for getting accepted lol
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
miinatoes
miinatoes
Okay thank God, I haven’t seen the letter because im not home but i was told it said something along the lines of making PLF your first choice, so i thought it was a bad thing haha
HTXPre-med
Full Member
Does anyone know how to contact the admissions office? I have sent emails but not gotten a response and called but there’s no voicemail... if anyone had success contactinh them I’d appreciate a PM! Thanks 🙂
II received at 11:53 this morning. Completed Sep ~20.
Do you mind sharing your stats?II received at 11:53 this morning. Completed Sep ~20.
Does anyone know how to contact the admissions office? I have sent emails but not gotten a response and called but there’s no voicemail... if anyone had success contactinh them I’d appreciate a PM! Thanks 🙂
School is notorious for not responding to emails unless you’re an admitted student. It’s an unfortunate thing about being a small school. We don’t have the staff to answer all of the emails.
Plus with how bad COVID is in El Paso right now, it could potentially slow the response time even more. Some of our students tested positive this week so the school needs to decide if they finally want to shut things down.