2020-2021 Texas Tech, Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Glad they finally let me loose. Would've been better if I'd known alot sooner

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Lol. Texas Tech just sent me an email telling me I was rejected. Ummmm, I ranked them lower than my prematch offer to Foster, then I matched to UTMB. Of course I'm not going there. They didn't need to tell me that. That's a perfect example of, "You can't quit, you're fired!"
Some folks don’t like being told no...that’s life lol

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
I was waitlisted and have sent my LOI. I've also heard of a letter of support, a letter written by a current student in support of my candidacy for medical school. I've developed a professional relationship with a current Tech student and wanted to know what kind of weight this type of letter holds (or if it even exists as it's something I've only briefly heard about and can't find any other information on). Would greatly appreciate any insight from @wysdoc

Best of luck to any other fellow waistlisters!

Current student here. I'm pretty sure LOI's get added to your application but are not read. Was told this directly by an adcom when I had applied here. As such they have no real impact on your chances. Best thing to do when waitlisted is to not wait for a miracle, and just keep improving your app.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard from 2 random individuals who said that Tech's academics/competitiveness has gone down over the past couple of years...is this true?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
I've heard from 2 random individuals who said that Tech's academics/competitiveness has gone down over the past couple of years...is this true?
this years match list looks really impressive so it sounds like its what you make of it

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Just my 2 cents obviously, but I feel like it actually has been going the opposite direction. For admissions it looks like average MCAT & GPA keep going up. The match list this year looks pretty solid as well tbh. I could see it if someone said it has like stagnated or isn't increasing as fast as it could, but I personally don't see an argument that could be made for the academics becoming worse.

Reactions: 3 users
Just my 2 cents obviously, but I feel like it actually has been going the opposite direction. For admissions it looks like average MCAT & GPA keep going up. The match list this year looks pretty solid as well tbh. I could see it if someone said it has like stagnated or isn't increasing as fast as it could, but I personally don't see an argument that could be made for the academics becoming worse.
agreed here. to my understanding every MD school gets more competitive every year as people do more and more EC hours and there are more applicants

Reactions: 2 users
Any hopes for April movement? Starting to sit down and edit my PS/secondaries and it’s making the WL even harder 🥴

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
OOS MS1 here. Most OOS I know here got accepted from WL in May or later. Don't give up hope!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
just accepted off the waitlist via email at 12:39 pm!!! wishing everyone else the best of luck

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my acceptance, IS good luck you guys

Reactions: 9 users
Did anybody get a call from tech admissions asking if they want to keep their spot on the waitlist!?

What time you received a call? I am on waitlist and didn’t get one so just wanted to ask if you mind sharing when were you waitlisted
I did not send an LOI, and I received the call on April 30th.
Not gonna lie, I saw the number was from Lubbock Texas, and then when they said they were from TTUSOM I was prepping my thank you speech for the acceptance lol.
I don’t think the call means anything, tbh. I tried to get as much info as I could from them, but they weren’t willing to give up any.

Since they have an unranked waitlist how do they determine who to accept ?

• Hmm
Since they have an unranked waitlist how do they determine who to accept ?
Probably prioritize people who send them a LOI, and then match people off the WL with people who withdraw to keep their class profile around where they want it

Just got an acceptance email but will be declining. I’m OOS, hope it goes to one of you guys instead!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
can also confirm IS waitlist movement today.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone get off the waitlist in-state today. Today was quite on posts. I am wait listed at Tech and another Texas school. Anxiously awaiting a call. It just seems like little movement this year off waitlist. I know everyone says it’s a weird year. Just trying to keep my hopes up. I have this coming year TMDSAS application ready to go.

Reactions: 3 users
eerily quiet today -- hopefully, the calm before the storm !

Reactions: 4 users
Hey y’all, I was hoping someone would be able to help me out here. I have a friend who got into tech after May 15th without matching on March 5th and also without prematching anywhere. She’s also waitlisted at another school & was wondering if she’ll be able to withdraw her acceptance at tech if she’s accepted into her preferred school. Thanks in advance!!

Hey y’all, I was hoping someone would be able to help me out here. I have a friend who got into tech after May 15th without matching on March 5th and also without prematching anywhere. She’s also waitlisted at another school & was wondering if she’ll be able to withdraw her acceptance at tech if she’s accepted into her preferred school. Thanks in advance!!
Yes she could but remember getting 2 WL offers at this late date is uncommon.
Is your friend on SDN?

If I currently hold a spot at a TMDSAS school but am still on another TMDSAS school waitlist, since it is past the May 15th deadline does this mean I can no longer be accepted to my waitlisted school.

If I currently hold a spot at a TMDSAS school but am still on another TMDSAS school waitlist, since it is past the May 15th deadline does this mean I can no longer be accepted to my waitlisted school.
Yes

Yes, you will be attending the school you hold an acceptance at. You are taken off the wailist at the other schools.

Anybody hear anything this past week?

My friend got offered admission!! She was NOT on the waitlist though after the match…she was a dual applicant for one of the programs and got accepted to the other school (law) but didn’t match. It was so unexpected but super awesome!! She got the email Thursday

• Hmm
  • Wow
When did people receive the notification of any scholarships they received?