2020-2021 Texas Tech, Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
From what I can see in last year's thread, Match Day was 02/03/2020 and the alternate/waitlist was sent out on 03/06/2020. That's a difference of 32 days. If that same trend holds up. The year before that, Match Day was 02/01/2019, and the first WL were sent on 02/22/2019. That is a difference of 21 days. The year before that, Match Day was on 02/01/2018, and the first WL were sent on 02/23/2018. That is a difference of 22 days. Based on this data, I think we should expect to hear back around 3-5 weeks from now (roughly sometime between 03/26/2021 and 04/06/2021).
Thank you for this information!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm kinda confused. If you matched, you're an IS resident. Don't you have to go to whatever school you matched to? I know you can get exceptions but they have to go through the director of TMDSAS, right?

"In the unusual event that an accepted applicant requests to withdraw from the matched school and instead enroll in a lower ranked school from which they were withdrawn via the match, the following procedures must be followed:
  • As soon as the medical school is contacted, the applicant should be referred directly to the TMDSAS director.  The medical school(s) should not provide counsel/advice to the applicant or make any special arrangements.
  • The TMDSAS director will immediately contact the applicant to determine what they are seeking and why and to ask the applicant to provide a written statement detailing their request.
  • TMDSAS will mediate between the applicant and the medical schools to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.  To protect the integrity of the match, it will be up to the matched medical school to release the student before any offer of acceptance to a lower ranked school can be issued."
No, you're totally right! Sorry if that was unclear, I am an IS resident, but I also applied to schools through AMCAS and will be going to one of those.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
No, you're totally right! Sorry if that was unclear, I am an IS resident, but I also applied to schools through AMCAS and will be going to one of those.
I see. Well, I'm sure you'll love it at Baylor!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a Facebook group for accepted students?
There is a Class of 2025 discord group & a facebook page. The president/vice-president of the class of 2024 should be sending an invitation to those at some point.
Also, congrats to everyone else who matched here! I can't wait to meet all of you at spring training and then later on when we start classes together in the fall :).

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I matched here as well! Loved the supportive environment, super excited!!!

• Love
Matched!! Non-trad Tech Alumni! Super excited to head back to the LBK!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I got into my second choice but I hope tech lets me in :( congrats to everyone who matched

• Care
So once this all settles, where should I reach out to ask about application feedback? Staying hopeful for WL, but want to start planning my reapp and would love some input from TTU.

If the waitlist isn’t ranked, what’s the process for selecting applicants off of it?

If the waitlist isn’t ranked, what’s the process for selecting applicants off of it?
Most schools that do that review the entire waitlist again. If you only waitlist 50 applicants, that isn't very hard to do.

When will we find out whether we are on wait-list? Or does lubbock even let you know? Also, when should I send a letter of intent?

When will we find out whether we are on wait-list? Or does lubbock even let you know? Also, when should I send a letter of intent?
I would wait at least a week or two to send a LOI. Also, I am guessing the WL will come out on 3/26 or 4/2 and explained my rationale for that earlier today on this thread. The school hasn't given an official date, but someone last year was able to call a few weeks after match day and get the date.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just checking, did everyone get the emails this morning to set up the eRaider account? I’m an OOS applicant and haven’t heard anything else since my interview

Just checking, did everyone get the emails this morning to set up the eRaider account? I’m an OOS applicant and haven’t heard anything else since my interview
I got mine months ago. They don't mean anything.

Finally got my pre-II R after applying in June hahaha I guess they really wanted to draw it out

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Finally got my pre-II R after applying in June hahaha I guess they really wanted to draw it out
Unfortunately, the interview season for all Texas schools is over. Unless you hear otherwise, you should assume that silence equals an informal rejection at this point (for TX schools at least).

Unfortunately, the interview season for all Texas schools is over. Unless you hear otherwise, you should assume that silence equals an informal rejection at this point (for TX schools at least).
Oh for sure, I didn’t expect to hear from them at this point and wasn’t holding my breath, I just got a chuckle out of receiving the official pre-II R after match already happened

I called today and they said we should hear back at the end of this week or next week whether we make wait-list. I'm hoping I'm in that list. They said they won't tell you what place you're in that list.

• Care
I called today and they said we should hear back at the end of this week or next week whether we make wait-list. I'm hoping I'm in that list. They said they won't tell you what place you're in that list.
Gulp... That makes me nervous AF.

Did they mention how many people would be put on the waitlist? I believe they interviewed a lot of people.

Want to make this WL more than I want to breathe lol...praying for the best for all of y'all!

• Care
thank you. Do you have any idea of the general gpa and mcat on the waitlist? Is it close to the general class?
They don't release this information, but the waitlist is obviously comprised of students that are competitive enough to be considered for admission, but they aren't competitive enough to get admission right off the bat. This means that they are likely slightly below average for the class, but there are definitely going to be outliers.

That Paul l foster R gave me a mini heart attack. All I saw was TTUHSC as the sender.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
For people who interviewed this cycle but did not match, has anyone gotten rejected yet?
Also, has anyone gotten on the waitlist?
I have not heard back so far

For people who interviewed this cycle but did not match, has anyone gotten rejected yet?
Also, has anyone gotten on the waitlist?
I have not heard back so far
I don't think anyone has gotten rejected. Someone called yesterday and was told that the waitlist will most likely come out by the end of this week or next week.

I don't think anyone has gotten rejected. Someone called yesterday and was told that the waitlist will most likely come out by the end of this week or next week.
I'm the one that called, and that's exactly what happened.

Y'all can also call and update us if you want. I did my part for now. Let's get it done

This email made my heart jump. Did everybody else get it?

More Details Here: Applicant Seminar | Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
1615482203030.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, @SmellGud I am going to share this over on the TMDSAS questions thread.
If you're gonna share it, you might want to include this link as well.

I did not receive the applicant seminar email. I haven't received WL email either.

Checked "Communications" under Status tab on the portal and nothing. Checked spam and nothing. I'm confused.

Edit: IS

Close friend who is accepted to Tech also got the seminar email. Don’t worry everyone, means nothing!

• Hmm
Reactions: 5 users
I agree it does seem kind of mean since y'all can still be on the WL for weeks and weeks.
I'm not sure why schools are doing their applicant workshops so early in March.
Maybe these are more catered towards texans since apps will open up in may (2 months away)

Anyone else get random Covid and immunization emails from here? I didn’t even get a II.. haha

Just got an A! Interviewed 1-29. OOS. LM72

• Love
Reactions: 9 users