2020-2021 Texas Tech, Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Zdravnik, means healthy person? In slavic languages zdrav means healthy.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
WL. IS
is it a big deal to get on the waitlist here at Lubbock? It seems that at Paul foster everyone gets invited for the waitlist?

WL. IS
is it a big deal to get on the waitlist here at Lubbock? It seems that at Paul foster everyone gets invited for the waitlist?
They typically WL 50 and accept 20 of those.

Reactions: 1 users
Last year, people reported getting rejected on the same day that the WL came out. I assume that everyone who doesn't have a WL email by now is rejected. 😭

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS WL email received just now. Gonna be withdrawing my spot, good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
When people say that they just got the email, would you mind including the specific time? I'm not sure if they mean they got it within the last 30 minutes or just a minute or two before. If it's the latter, Tech might be emailing one-by-one, which would mean there's still some hope for the unaccepted intervieweed.

Reactions: 2 users
When people say that they just got the email, would you mind including the specific time? I'm not sure if they mean they got it within the last 30 minutes or just a minute or two before. If it's the latter, Tech might be emailing one-by-one, which would mean there's still some hope for the unaccepted intervieweed.
Got mine at 1:06 pm so around 30 mins ago

Sure! I got the waitlist email at 1:17. Trying to not get my hopes up too much, but even if I don’t get in off the WL this little tiny form of validation still feels quite nice.

• Love
11:59 Mountain Time (12:59 central)

I got the WL email at 1:24 PM CST

1:29 CST

(last name starts with R, and I interviewed in November)

Got the WL email at 12:59pm CST last name starts with a B

Reactions: 3 users
No waitlist, guess that is bad news

• Care
I got mine at 1:52pm

I just called the admissions office. They indicated that the WL notifications are all sent at the same time. Since a lot of people have already indicated getting them, I assume that they're are rejecting everyone else.

Good luck to everyone that made the WL! This thread has been real.

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
WL email received at 1:17PM Central.

I got mine at 1:17pm CST, last name starts with an L, and I interviewed in December

Got mine at 1:17 CST, last name O

It says on their portal that submitting a letter of intent won’t be made an official part of the application. So what would be the point of even sending one? Anyone have any idea?

It says on their portal that submitting a letter of intent won’t be made an official part of the application. So what would be the point of even sending one? Anyone have any idea?

I’m not sure how effective it is but if it’s your top choice, it can’t hurt to send one in.

I was WL yesterday too. OOS. Good luck everyone on getting in!

I was waitlisted and have sent my LOI. I've also heard of a letter of support, a letter written by a current student in support of my candidacy for medical school. I've developed a professional relationship with a current Tech student and wanted to know what kind of weight this type of letter holds (or if it even exists as it's something I've only briefly heard about and can't find any other information on). Would greatly appreciate any insight from @wysdoc

Best of luck to any other fellow waistlisters!

I was waitlisted and have sent my LOI. I've also heard of a letter of support, a letter written by a current student in support of my candidacy for medical school. I've developed a professional relationship with a current Tech student and wanted to know what kind of weight this type of letter holds (or if it even exists as it's something I've only briefly heard about and can't find any other information on). Would greatly appreciate any insight from @wysdoc

Best of luck to any other fellow waistlisters!
I haven’t heard of this type of letter, to be honest @simasc97
But what’s important is that you have told them you are still very interested. We still have many weeks of WL offer possibilities.

I'm really confused. Last year, the WL and post-II rejections came out on the same day. The WL came out on Friday, so I don't understand why the rest of us haven't been given formal rejections yet. I'm hoping against hope that they are still selecting people for the waitlist, but I think that is likely not the case.

I'm really confused. Last year, the WL and post-II rejections came out on the same day. The WL came out on Friday, so I don't understand why the rest of us haven't been given formal rejections yet. I'm hoping against hope that they are still selecting people for the waitlist, but I think that is likely not the case.
It’s not over til it’s over

Reactions: 5 users
Im gonna be withdrawing my acceptance to Tech today! Congrats to all who are accepted and good luck to those still in limbo!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Lol. Texas Tech just sent me an email telling me I was rejected. Ummmm, I ranked them lower than my prematch offer to Foster, then I matched to UTMB. Of course I'm not going there. They didn't need to tell me that. That's a perfect example of, "You can't quit, you're fired!"

• Haha
Lol. Texas Tech just sent me an email telling me I was rejected. Ummmm, I ranked them lower than my prematch offer to Foster, then I matched to UTMB. Of course I'm not going there. They didn't need to tell me that. That's a perfect example of, "You can't quit, you're fired!"
I got the post II rejection as well after matching to a school I ranked higher than them too