You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Texas Tech, Lubbock
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1062667
Any OOS hear anything yet about the WL or more acceptances?
D
deleted1062667
This was via email?WL. IS
D
deleted1062667
They typically WL 50 and accept 20 of those.WL. IS
is it a big deal to get on the waitlist here at Lubbock? It seems that at Paul foster everyone gets invited for the waitlist?
futuredoclsom
Full Member
WL, IS!!
Waitlisted just now. IS.
Yes it was via emailThis was via email?
D
deleted1062667
Last year, people reported getting rejected on the same day that the WL came out. I assume that everyone who doesn't have a WL email by now is rejected. 😭
Just got the email, waitlisted at Tech. IS
theepremed
Full Member
I still haven’t heard anything..Last year, people reported getting rejected on the same day that the WL came out. I assume that everyone who doesn't have a WL email by now is rejected. 😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1062667
When people say that they just got the email, would you mind including the specific time? I'm not sure if they mean they got it within the last 30 minutes or just a minute or two before. If it's the latter, Tech might be emailing one-by-one, which would mean there's still some hope for the unaccepted intervieweed.
Lewishamilton
New Member
Got mine at 1:06 pm so around 30 mins agoWhen people say that they just got the email, would you mind including the specific time? I'm not sure if they mean they got it within the last 30 minutes or just a minute or two before. If it's the latter, Tech might be emailing one-by-one, which would mean there's still some hope for the unaccepted intervieweed.
Adotburr
Full Member
Sure! I got the waitlist email at 1:17. Trying to not get my hopes up too much, but even if I don’t get in off the WL this little tiny form of validation still feels quite nice.When people say that they just got the email, would you mind including the specific time? I'm not sure if they mean they got it within the last 30 minutes or just a minute or two before. If it's the latter, Tech might be emailing one-by-one, which would mean there's still some hope for the unaccepted intervieweed.
11:59 Mountain Time (12:59 central)When people say that they just got the email, would you mind including the specific time? I'm not sure if they mean they got it within the last 30 minutes or just a minute or two before. If it's the latter, Tech might be emailing one-by-one, which would mean there's still some hope for the unaccepted intervieweed.
Thank you, that’s actually awesome!They typically WL 50 and accept 20 of those.
coltyn_wagnon
New Member
I got the WL email at 1:24 PM CSTWhen people say that they just got the email, would you mind including the specific time? I'm not sure if they mean they got it within the last 30 minutes or just a minute or two before. If it's the latter, Tech might be emailing one-by-one, which would mean there's still some hope for the unaccepted intervieweed.
1:29 CSTWhen people say that they just got the email, would you mind including the specific time? I'm not sure if they mean they got it within the last 30 minutes or just a minute or two before. If it's the latter, Tech might be emailing one-by-one, which would mean there's still some hope for the unaccepted intervieweed.
(last name starts with R, and I interviewed in November)
No waitlist, guess that is bad news
I got mine at 1:52pmWhen people say that they just got the email, would you mind including the specific time? I'm not sure if they mean they got it within the last 30 minutes or just a minute or two before. If it's the latter, Tech might be emailing one-by-one, which would mean there's still some hope for the unaccepted intervieweed.
D
deleted1062667
I just called the admissions office. They indicated that the WL notifications are all sent at the same time. Since a lot of people have already indicated getting them, I assume that they're are rejecting everyone else.
Good luck to everyone that made the WL! This thread has been real.
Good luck to everyone that made the WL! This thread has been real.
WL email received at 1:17PM Central.When people say that they just got the email, would you mind including the specific time? I'm not sure if they mean they got it within the last 30 minutes or just a minute or two before. If it's the latter, Tech might be emailing one-by-one, which would mean there's still some hope for the unaccepted intervieweed.
When people say that they just got the email, would you mind including the specific time? I'm not sure if they mean they got it within the last 30 minutes or just a minute or two before. If it's the latter, Tech might be emailing one-by-one, which would mean there's still some hope for the unaccepted intervieweed.
I got mine at 1:17pm CST, last name starts with an L, and I interviewed in December
whiteraspberry
Full Member
WAITLIST OUT OF STATE YAY
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got mine at 1:17 CST, last name OWhen people say that they just got the email, would you mind including the specific time? I'm not sure if they mean they got it within the last 30 minutes or just a minute or two before. If it's the latter, Tech might be emailing one-by-one, which would mean there's still some hope for the unaccepted intervieweed.
Also waitlisted (IS), bittersweet feelings
Waitlisted IS 1:34pm!
Lewishamilton
New Member
It says on their portal that submitting a letter of intent won’t be made an official part of the application. So what would be the point of even sending one? Anyone have any idea?
Ya email!Congratulations!!!
I assume it came via email?
Close! It means doc/physician in Slovenian
Zdravnik, means healthy person? In slavic languages zdrav means healthy.
Same here. Best of luck everyone!Just got an A! Interviewed 1-29. OOS. LM72
It says on their portal that submitting a letter of intent won’t be made an official part of the application. So what would be the point of even sending one? Anyone have any idea?
I’m not sure how effective it is but if it’s your top choice, it can’t hurt to send one in.
I was waitlisted and have sent my LOI. I've also heard of a letter of support, a letter written by a current student in support of my candidacy for medical school. I've developed a professional relationship with a current Tech student and wanted to know what kind of weight this type of letter holds (or if it even exists as it's something I've only briefly heard about and can't find any other information on). Would greatly appreciate any insight from @wysdoc
Best of luck to any other fellow waistlisters!
Best of luck to any other fellow waistlisters!
I haven’t heard of this type of letter, to be honest @simasc97I was waitlisted and have sent my LOI. I've also heard of a letter of support, a letter written by a current student in support of my candidacy for medical school. I've developed a professional relationship with a current Tech student and wanted to know what kind of weight this type of letter holds (or if it even exists as it's something I've only briefly heard about and can't find any other information on). Would greatly appreciate any insight from @wysdoc
Best of luck to any other fellow waistlisters!
But what’s important is that you have told them you are still very interested. We still have many weeks of WL offer possibilities.
D
deleted1062667
I'm really confused. Last year, the WL and post-II rejections came out on the same day. The WL came out on Friday, so I don't understand why the rest of us haven't been given formal rejections yet. I'm hoping against hope that they are still selecting people for the waitlist, but I think that is likely not the case.
theepremed
Full Member
It’s not over til it’s overI'm really confused. Last year, the WL and post-II rejections came out on the same day. The WL came out on Friday, so I don't understand why the rest of us haven't been given formal rejections yet. I'm hoping against hope that they are still selecting people for the waitlist, but I think that is likely not the case.
premedhopeful2
Full Member
In or oos?Im gonna be withdrawing my acceptance to Tech today! Congrats to all who are accepted and good luck to those still in limbo!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
theepremed
Full Member
They were OOSIn or oos?
theepremed
Full Member
Just got the R. Ouch.
D
deleted1062667
SameJust got the R. Ouch.
Lol. Texas Tech just sent me an email telling me I was rejected. Ummmm, I ranked them lower than my prematch offer to Foster, then I matched to UTMB. Of course I'm not going there. They didn't need to tell me that. That's a perfect example of, "You can't quit, you're fired!"
D
deleted1079462
I got the post II rejection as well after matching to a school I ranked higher than them tooLol. Texas Tech just sent me an email telling me I was rejected. Ummmm, I ranked them lower than my prematch offer to Foster, then I matched to UTMB. Of course I'm not going there. They didn't need to tell me that. That's a perfect example of, "You can't quit, you're fired!"