You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Texas Tech, Lubbock
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Photon2419
Full Member
Congrats to all those who got interviews!!! Drop stats and times my G's!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II here as well 1.5 hours ago.
HTXPre-med
Full Member
SAD_13
Full Member
Congrats!!! Would you mind me asking when you submitted your secondary?🙂II! Very excited 🙂
Congrats!!! Would you mind me asking when you submitted your secondary?🙂
6/7 complete
I was complete on 7/16!Congrats!!! Would you mind me asking when you submitted your secondary?🙂
they will send you an invitation or a link in email if they want you to complete a secondary. I don't know what their criteria are.Does texas tech Lubbock do pre-screening of the primary application before sending a secondary application or do they send it to all applicants?
If they have sent it to you, how long did it take for the secondary app email to come in?
Okay, thanks!they will send you an invitation or a link in email if they want you to complete a secondary. I don't know what their criteria are.
SC_quesarito
Full Member
I also got an invitation today, secondary completed 7/10. Does anyone know if they screen for interviews based on CASPER results? Their website isn't clear on that. My CASPER scores were transmitted 2 months ago, and if they gave me an II maybe I could take it as a sign that I did ok on that.
I don't think so because CASPer scores are not required for an II but are required for acceptance but who knows! They could have taken it into consideration if they had your CASPer score.I also got an invitation today, secondary completed 7/10. Does anyone know if they screen for interviews based on CASPER results? Their website isn't clear on that. My CASPER scores were transmitted 2 months ago, and if they gave me an II maybe I could take it as a sign that I did ok on that.
whiteraspberry
Full Member
II! reapp and OOS no ties ORM :O
do you mind sharing your stats? i'm also out of state and i'm dying to go to a texas med school
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do you mind sharing your stats? i'm also out of state and i'm dying to go to a texas med school
LizzyM 74.5 wars 86
D
deleted1063208
II
MY FIRST ONE EVER!!!
MY FIRST ONE EVER!!!
SAD_13
Full Member
YAY congrats! Would you mind me asking your stats?🙂II
MY FIRST ONE EVER!!!
D
deleted1063208
YAY congrats! Would you mind me asking your stats?🙂
made a signature just for you 🙂
SAD_13
Full Member
Hey, that's awesome! That's a great score!!!made a signature just for you 🙂
When were you complete?II
MY FIRST ONE EVER!!!
D
deleted1063208
When were you complete?
7/22
Dayyyledunn
New Member
So my boyfriend who is IS interviewed at Tech yesterday, he said like 60% of his fellow interviewees were OOS. I don’t know why, maybe they sent a lot of OOS IIs in the beginning or put them all together that day... just throwing that out there!
So my boyfriend who is IS interviewed at Tech yesterday, he said like 60% of his fellow interviewees were OOS. I don’t know why, maybe they sent a lot of OOS IIs in the beginning or put them all together that day... just throwing that out there!
I’m IS and interviewed yesterday as well. There were quite a few OOSers among us. 🙂
D
deleted1063208
I’m IS and interviewed yesterday as well. There were quite a few OOSers among us. 🙂
is it important to go to the pre-interview virtual dinner thing? do those types of things ever factor into admissions? also congrats, hope you get in bud!
Plenty of OOS people apply to Texas schools for that attractive tuition price point. Nevertheless, there is a cap on OOS matriculants of at most 10%, usually the number comes out to 6-7%, at any state-subsidized TMDSAS school.I’m IS and interviewed yesterday as well. There were quite a few OOSers among us. 🙂
Last year's numbers overall: 4577 Texans applied, 1501 matriculated in TX (33%of applicants got in)
1476 OOS applied, 121 matriculated in TX (8% of applicants got in)
The percentages at any individual TX school ranged from 6% OOS to 10% OOS
Last edited:
is it important to go to the pre-interview virtual dinner thing? do those types of things ever factor into admissions? also congrats, hope you get in bud!
Thanks! No idea if attendance at those events factors into admissions decisions, but I went because I wanted to hear about the school from current students, to see if the community there was something I could imagine myself being a part of. If you're really interested in a school and think you might be able to learn something more about it through those or similar events, I recommend you go. The ones I've been to so far have been a lot of fun!
@Havelock Vetinari what happens at a "Virtual Dinner?" Is it better than an in-person dinner becuase you don't have to worry about spilling food on your interview outfit?Thanks! No idea if attendance at those events factors into admissions decisions, but I went because I wanted to hear about the school from current students, to see if the community there was something I could imaging myself being a part of. If you're really interested in a school, I recommend you go. The ones I've been to so far have been a lot of fun!
@Havelock Vetinari what happens at a "Virtual Dinner?" Is it better than an in-person dinner becuase you don't have to worry about spilling food on your interview outfit?
I've attended only a few to date, but in each, current M1s and M2s, with a few M3s and M4s sprinkled in, give an overview of what drew them to the school, of student life, etc. Then they field questions about more mundane things like housing. They may break us into groups and ask us about our own goals or have a larger panel, where they give interview tips and attempt to assuage any concerns we might have. I've only seen a few people actively eating at the events, but I'm always there with tea/coffee. No one is dressed in formal attire and the dinners take place the night before the interviews themselves, so even if we were to spill something on ourselves, the consequences would be less immediately severe. 🤣
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SC_quesarito
Full Member
So my boyfriend who is IS interviewed at Tech yesterday, he said like 60% of his fellow interviewees were OOS. I don’t know why, maybe they sent a lot of OOS IIs in the beginning or put them all together that day... just throwing that out there!
Huh, I was at that interview and didn't even notice that. Neat! It might make sense though, lots of people from New Mexico, Colorado, Oklahoma might be interested. But of course, being a TX public med school, they'll have to cap at 10%
Huh, I was at that interview and didn't even notice that. Neat! It might make sense though, lots of people from New Mexico, Colorado, Oklahoma might be interested. But of course, being a TX public med school, they'll have to cap at 10%
A number of folks from Utah apply and matriculate to Texas medical schools, interestingly.
At my interview for Long, there were a lot of BYU interviewees. I think some of them have Texas residencies cause they probably are from TX and went to college in Utah.A number of folks from Utah apply and matriculate to Texas medical schools, interestingly.
FracturedPhalanx
Full Member
At my interview for Long, there were a lot of BYU interviewees. I think some of them have Texas residencies cause they probably are from TX and went to college in Utah.
I can attest to that. I am a TX resident going to BYU (in Utah). There are an unusually high number of premeds at BYU and a large percent of the student population is from TX.
My application is transmitted on 08/19, but I have not received secondary for Texas Tech Lubbock. Do they screen for secondary or how long it usually took you guys to receive?
My application was transmitted on 8/6 and received a secondary on 8/10! Also, yes they do screen for secondaries.My application is transmitted on 08/19, but I have not received secondary for Texas Tech Lubbock. Do they screen for secondary or how long it usually took you guys to receive?
Does anyone know what interview dates are going out for Lubbock IIs right now? I hope there's a lot of time left to receive one!
futuredoctoro21
Full Member
II received today! The options I got were Sept. 18, 25, and 30!
When were you complete 🙂 congrats !!II received today! The options I got were Sept. 18, 25, and 30!
futuredoctoro21
Full Member
Thank you <3 I was complete 06/24 and LM 71 🙂When were you complete 🙂 congrats !!
amzer-zo_hasta-buan
Full Member
This really speaks to me because I was also at the dentist yesterdayGot an II today!! I almost cried in the dentists office when the email popped up (Reapplicant struggles)
And just when you thought nothing ever good happens at the dentist's office!Got an II today!! I almost cried in the dentists office when the email popped up (Reapplicant struggles)
For anyone who has attended the zoom dinner social, was the attire pretty casual?
yes, you don't even have to talk at all
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations! do you mind if I ask when were you complete?Got an II today!! I almost cried in the dentists office when the email popped up (Reapplicant struggles)
miinatoes
miinatoes
HI everyone! Quick question! I just submitted my secondary today (I got it around mid July but it was the longest secondary so I kept putting it off). But I decided to apply to the MD/MPH because I am interested in the public health field. I was wondering if 1. your stats have to be higher to be selected for their dual degree programs and 2. if you are reject from a dual degree program, will the still allow you to apply to just MD? My gpa is a 3.98 but my mcat was pretty average. Thanks for your help, and good luck to everyone applying!
Very casual! I wore a poloFor anyone who has attended the zoom dinner social, was the attire pretty casual?
D
deleted1062667
There isn't a cutoff where your stats "have to" be higher, but most MD/PhD programs do have higher average stats than MD programs. Also, I'm not sure exactly how Lubbock does it, but most schools will still consider your for the MD if you don't get into the MD/PhD program.HI everyone! Quick question! I just submitted my secondary today (I got it around mid July but it was the longest secondary so I kept putting it off). But I decided to apply to the MD/MPH because I am interested in the public health field. I was wondering if 1. your stats have to be higher to be selected for their dual degree programs and 2. if you are reject from a dual degree program, will the still allow you to apply to just MD? My gpa is a 3.98 but my mcat was pretty average. Thanks for your help, and good luck to everyone applying!
What is average for an MCAT? Average would be around 500, which would make it difficult to get into the MD/PhD program.