You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Texas Tech, Lubbock
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OBGYNKenoby
Full Member
Do they send out OOS at the same time as IS, or after?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
whiteraspberry
Full Member
for y'all that pre-matched, are y'all oos or is?
D
deleted1062667
Pre-matched is only IS because only IS residents can be part of the match. OOS will just get an offer of acceptance.for y'all that pre-matched, are y'all oos or is?
Were you also accepted ED, @Khroniik ?
I was, yeah.
Congrats to those who pre-matched! If anyone has any questions about life in Lubbock or anything like that, feel free to DM me.
Interview date?Prematched! Love love love this school!
Interview date?
8/21
Congrats buddy!8/21
Hey fellow pre-match friends!
I’m currently a second year GMS student here at TTUHSC-Lubbock, so basically my main function right now is being a TA for the MS1s haha. If you have any questions about Lubbock, the school, the professors, the clubs/groups, etc. feel free to shoot me a DM! We’re going to be doctors yall!!!
I’m currently a second year GMS student here at TTUHSC-Lubbock, so basically my main function right now is being a TA for the MS1s haha. If you have any questions about Lubbock, the school, the professors, the clubs/groups, etc. feel free to shoot me a DM! We’re going to be doctors yall!!!
II just now! IS, LM 67, ORM, complete 7/28
Interview dates available? Good luckII just now! IS, LM 67, ORM, complete 7/28
Thank you! The only date available in October was 10/30, and I don't think I had to option to scroll to November.Interview dates available? Good luck
MissDoctaDocta
Full Member
II today! Complete 7/21, dates available were 10/30 and 11/4
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied to FMAT in my application, but my interview invite didn't mention anything about my interview day including FMAT interviews. It seems like on last year's thread that on the same day as your SOM interviews you have your FMAT interviews, but does anyone know anything about this?
I might just email admissions next week for more information.
I might just email admissions next week for more information.
I just interviewed for FMAT last week. They will send you an email the week of your interview with a list of interviewers and you should have a 3rd interview just for FMAT. If they don't include that additional interviewer I would email them.I applied to FMAT in my application, but my interview invite didn't mention anything about my interview day including FMAT interviews. It seems like on last year's thread that on the same day as your SOM interviews you have your FMAT interviews, but does anyone know anything about this?
I might just email admissions next week for more information.
Amazing! Thank you so much for clarifying that so quickly 🙂I just interviewed for FMAT last week. They will send you an email the week of your interview with a list of interviewers and you should have a 3rd interview just for FMAT. If they don't include that additional interviewer I would email them.
MissDoctaDocta
Full Member
For anyone who has already interviewed, how long was the interview day? I have a lab at 6pm on the day of my interview and I am trying to figure out if I will be able to make it or not.
D
deleted1075353
Mine was 12 PM to 4 30 PM central time
Anyone think they’ll send a second prematch wave like last year? Every day feels so long lol
I think so. Hopefully, there is more to come since pre matches were a little light this all across the board (probably due to this "unique" cycle). Last year's second wave of pre matches came out 9 days after the first wave.Anyone think they’ll send a second prematch wave like last year? Every day feels so long lol
Wondering the exact something!Has anyone OOS gotten accepted? When should we expect to hear back?
D
deleted1075353
Has anyone OOS gotten accepted? When should we expect to hear back?
Wondering the exact something!
when did you guys interview?
Mid September!when did you guys interview?
I interviewed in mid October. The interview is online and starts at 12:00PM central time. The two interviews were timed at 20 minutes. The questions were basically, tell me about yourself, what makes you a good candidate, and what puts you ahead of other candidates. Neither interviewer seemed like they read my application (not that I care). Be ready to answer one ethical question. Once your second interview was done, you could leave the zoom call or stay and ask questions.
I got stumped on the "What other traits or things about you would you like the committee to know that is not on your application?" I guess I thought a good answer would just appear at the moment, but I ended up taking some time to think of something.
I got stumped on the "What other traits or things about you would you like the committee to know that is not on your application?" I guess I thought a good answer would just appear at the moment, but I ended up taking some time to think of something.
The interview was pretty short. Starts with introductions, then they asked me about a hobby on my app. He seemed really interested in it rather than an interrogation. Then they have to ask you a ethical question, mine had something to do with a sick family member who wanted to go natureopathic for their cancer. Then they open it up to questions or just talk about your life etc. overall very conversational with west Texas vibes. Definitely not the intense interviews you read about. They don’t want you going away feeling bad about it. They want you feeling like you had a good time and learned something about the school.For those of you who have interviewed, would you mind sharing the questions or at least something similar for those who are going to interview?
Both of my interviewers were very conversational and they would fill in any awkward silences. Nothing to be stressed about for real.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YAY! An amazing school without a doubt! Congrats on the II and I hope it goes great 🙂II!! Excited!! Complete Late july. LM 71. 🙂 Dates offered were first week of Nov!
Thank you!! congrats on all your ACCEPTANCES, future MD doc!! 🙂YAY! An amazing school without a doubt! Congrats on the II and I hope it goes great 🙂
D
deleted1075353
Mid September!
weird. Maybe they’re waiting to interview more OOS people since there are so few seats. You’re probably good I bet
II OOS this morning!! First Texas interview so I'm excited. Complete 7/11
Last edited:
When are we thinking prematch round 2 comes out?
whiteraspberry
Full Member
When are we thinking prematch round 2 comes out?
i probably interviewed too late to be in this (10/23) but one of the staff in the interview waiting room said their adcom’s next meeting was on or around 11/12 and we can hear back anytime after then!!
Does anyone know anything about the virtual dinner that is the night before the interviews? I signed up for it, but just wondering what it is and how long it lasts?
I haven't received a link for virtual dinner. My interview is Tomorrow.
When you RSPV'd, they were supposed to send one in the email they reply back with. After sending my RSVP, I got the email with the link in like 1 minute.I haven't received a link for virtual dinner. My interview is Tomorrow.
MissDoctaDocta
Full Member
Where is the link for the actual interview day? In the II email they said it would be sent in a diff email but I’ve checked all the ones they have provided me and I can’t find it
They send it a little laterWhere is the link for the actual interview day? In the II email they said it would be sent in a diff email but I’ve checked all the ones they have provided me and I can’t find it
II! I am shocked right now since I am a lower stat applicant and was not expecting an MD school invite at all. This is my first invite from a Texas school as well so super excited about that! IS, scheduled for 11/6. Fingers crossed
II! I am shocked right now since I am a lower stat applicant and was not expecting an MD school invite at all. This is my first invite from a Texas school as well so super excited about that! IS, scheduled for 11/6. Fingers crossed
+1, congrats!!
Congrats! What were your stats?II! I am shocked right now since I am a lower stat applicant and was not expecting an MD school invite at all. This is my first invite from a Texas school as well so super excited about that! IS, scheduled for 11/6. Fingers crossed
3.6 cgpa, 3.5 sgpa, 500mcat, lots of clinical, research, and volunteering hours, strong public health experiencesCongrats! What were your stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The virtual dinner only lasted an hour for me. They divided us up and sent us into breakout rooms to about talk school, life in Lubbock, etc. with current students. Super casual and fun!Does anyone know anything about the virtual dinner that is the night before the interviews? I signed up for it, but just wondering what it is and how long it lasts?
Last edited:
Congrats! When were you complete?II! I am shocked right now since I am a lower stat applicant and was not expecting an MD school invite at all. This is my first invite from a Texas school as well so super excited about that! IS, scheduled for 11/6. Fingers crossed
Congrats! When were you complete?+1, congrats!!
completed on 5/5Congrats! When were you complete?
Congrats! When were you complete?
7/28