You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Texas Tech, Lubbock
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Wouldn’t it be amazing to have a prematch tomorrow, right before we break for the holidaysAre we thinking there’s not gonna be another wave of pre-matches until January? Because if it is every other Thursday, next Thursday is Christmas Eve and then the Thursday after that is New Year’s eve
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1062667
A letter of interest will help, but it won't do much unless you have an update to include with that letter. They obviously already know that you're interested if you've interviewed.Is it a good idea to write a letter of interest here if we've had an II (September) but no decision yet? I'm OOS and this is the only school who has sent me an interview so far. 😥
What would you guys consider worthy of an update letter? Fall grades and pubs that are currently under review worth an update?
D
deleted1062667
Texas Tech-Lubbock does accept updates via PDFs in emails according to this thread.I was emailed that Texas Tech doesn't accept letters, which is true for the El Paso campus at least.
Naruto_state_of_mind
Full Member
Agreed. I sent an update because they said they accept themTexas Tech-Lubbock does accept updates via PDFs in emails according to this thread.
The sooner the better I would assume. You don’t know when they committees meet to discuss your specific app.How do people feel about sending an update letter now or closer to match?
D
deleted1062667
At the interview day, they mentioned that this school is often rank first in the nation for student satisfaction. Does anybody remember the source for that?
IIRC it was some AAMC survey of current students.At the interview day, they mentioned that this school is often rank first in the nation for student satisfaction. Does anybody remember the source for that?
Hi! I got a last minute interview here and I'm having quite a difficult time figuring out where to rank the school in relation to El Paso. My interests really vacillate between infectious diseases, global health, border health, and family medicine. Foster looks like a unique, really cool place because of border health and being in the border. But i know that Tech Lubbock has that too. I feel that I'm much more politically aligned with El Paso, but I'm also aware that Lubbock is much better established and considered a better school. I wondered if you could speak a bit towards what makes Tech the stronger program, what made you choose it over El Paso if you had that choice, and how the political climate of the school (I'm certainly aware of the climate of the city). Thanks for everything!Hey Yall - Texas Tech undergrad and med school grad here, staying for residency. If anyone has any questions about the school, Lubbock, or whatever, I am happy to answer them. Good luck to you guys! Hopefully I'll get to work with some of yall 😉
theepremed
Full Member
Should I be updating my grades via TMDSAS for this school ? I’ve interviewed but unsure if it’ll matter or not rn
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It might not make a difference for the schools where you already interviewed, but in the general instructions for the TMDSAS app you are asked to update your grades at the end of each semester. The updated grades will be sent to all schools.Should I be updating my grades via TMDSAS for this school ? I’ve interviewed but unsure if it’ll matter or not rn
undergrad2021premed
Full Member
Just rejected the ii good luck to anyone waiting. 1/29 was still open
Last edited:
Naruto_state_of_mind
Full Member
You a real one, homie. Best of luck on your medical school journey!Received ii LM 75 complete July. Just rejected the ii good luck to anyone waiting. 1/29 was still open
D
deleted1062667
What is the deadline for letters of interest?
Naruto_state_of_mind
Full Member
Until they stop accepting students or you get accepted.What is the deadline for letters of interest?
theepremed
Full Member
Wait this school accepts these?What is the deadline for letters of interest?
D
deleted1062667
Has anyone gotten a pre-match offer or OOS acceptance since the holidays? I'm trying to make a guess as to when the next wave will come.
whiteraspberry
Full Member
Does TTU tend to be a school that fills their class via pre-match or match?
whiteraspberry
Full Member
Is there a limit to how many update letters TTU accepts?
Naruto_state_of_mind
Full Member
Has anyone gotten a pre-match offer or OOS acceptance since the holidays? I'm trying to make a guess as to when the next wave will come.
Mainly through match.Does TTU tend to be a school that fills their class via pre-match or match?
I received an MD/MBA offer Thursday night. Not sure if that’s different from regular MD prematch as it may be a separate program.Has anyone gotten a pre-match offer or OOS acceptance since the holidays? I'm trying to make a guess as to when the next wave will come.
Naruto_state_of_mind
Full Member
Congrats!!!I received an MD/MBA offer Thursday night. Not sure if that’s different from regular MD prematch as it may be a separate program.
Naruto_state_of_mind
Full Member
Anyone hear any updates??? Maybe another wave of prematches? I think there's one more interview date and then they are done.
Really curious if they're going to prematch anyone from my interview date on the 8th or if we're all going to have to wait for match day. I also still can't decide between El Paso and Lubbock.Anyone hear any updates??? Maybe another wave of prematches? I think there's one more interview date and then they are done.
D
deleted1062667
They are interviewing 1/15, 1/22, and 1/29. I have no idea if they've already sent out all of their II.Anyone hear any updates??? Maybe another wave of prematches? I think there's one more interview date and then they are done.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Naruto_state_of_mind
Full Member
Really curious if they're going to prematch anyone from my interview date on the 8th or if we're all going to have to wait for match day. I also still can't decide between El Paso and Lubbock.
Hmmmm I can't really help you choose between the two. What do you like about the el paso campus?
Naruto_state_of_mind
Full Member
Ah, I had read that there was only one available date. Maybe they meant the only one available for them to choose from. Ah **** well let's hope I make the cut even though I haven't pre-matched. T-TThey are interviewing 1/15, 1/22, and 1/29. I have no idea if they've already sent out all of their II.
Just interviewed here on Friday! It's very tailored to you. You get asked lots of questions about your application, so make sure you read over it. Other than that, it's a conversation and pretty chill. Good luck!Can someone who's already interviewed here provide info abt the interview? experience? stuff to prepare for?
theepremed
Full Member
Any chance for an OOS that’s interviewed and not gotten accepted at this point?
D
deleted1062667
I have no idea, but I'm in the same boat. I interviewed in September and have heard absolutely nothing. I only heard of 1 OOS that got accepted about a month after interviewing in October. It's been four long months...Any chance for an OOS that’s interviewed and not gotten accepted at this point?
the millennial club
Full Member
Did any of your interviewers email you guys?
D
deleted1062667
Mine did not. I asked the admissions office for my interviewers' emails and they specifically said that they don't give them out because they try to keep the relationship between applicants and their interviewers "professional". They did say I could send my thank you letters to the admissions office and that they would forward them to my interviewers, so that's the only interaction I had with them outside of my interview.Did any of your interviewers email you guys?
the millennial club
Full Member
Oh I see. Thank you! So should I take it as a good sign that my interviewer reached out to me first to say thank you?
Sorry, but is this a serious question?Oh I see. Thank you! So should I take it as a good sign that my interviewer reached out to me first to say thank you?
D
deleted1062667
No, you should not.Oh I see. Thank you! So should I take it as a good sign that my interviewer reached out to me first to say thank you?
the millennial club
Full Member
Lmao yeah it is. I didn’t see what the problem is here. I’m just as worried and nervous as the rest of us here who want to get inSorry, but is this a serious question?
D
deleted1062667
There's no problem. It's just funny that you're trying to derive meaning from something as meaningless as a thank you.Lmao yeah it is. I didn’t see what the problem is here. I’m just as worried and nervous as the rest of us here who want to get in
marinarasauce
New Member
About how long after the interview does it take for TTU to show up on the ranking preference on TMDSAS? I interviewed on 1/8 and it still hasn’t shown up for me & I was wondering.
I interviewed the same day and it showed up on Friday.About how long after the interview does it take for TTU to show up on the ranking preference on TMDSAS? I interviewed on 1/8 and it still hasn’t shown up for me & I was wondering.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Adotburr
Full Member
Not I, said the fly.anyone hear anything about pre-matches today?
In all seriousness though I haven’t heard anything in here about any prematches going out in all of December and January. Are they done with prematches already perhaps?
I think I’ve only heard of one person 2 weeks ago who got a pre-match through the dual MD/MBA program but nothing since a long time before that. TMDSAS made it seem like pre-matches end at the end of January so I guess they’re probably done now until match dayNot I, said the fly.
In all seriousness though I haven’t heard anything in here about any prematches going out in all of December and January. Are they done with prematches already perhaps?
Not end of January just yet! I'm willing to bet some schools will send out one more wave in the next week.I think I’ve only heard of one person 2 weeks ago who got a pre-match through the dual MD/MBA program but nothing since a long time before that. TMDSAS made it seem like pre-matches end at the end of January so I guess they’re probably done now until match day
Naruto_state_of_mind
Full Member
5 bucks that they don'tNot end of January just yet! I'm willing to bet some schools will send out one more wave in the next week.