You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 UC Davis
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
If I have a commit to enroll deadline coming up how far in advance do you think I should let admissions know? I'm afraid telling them will motivate them to just give me the R...
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
When is your CTE deadline? For most schools, it's not until July.If I have a commit to enroll deadline coming up how far in advance do you think I should let admissions know? I'm afraid telling them will motivate them to just give me the R...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
June 1 RIPWhen is your CTE deadline? For most schools, it's not until July.
hopefulpremed76
Full Member
I’m in the same boat.June 1 RIP
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Geez that's early. Well I would just wait all the way up until May 30th, and if you still don't hear back from Davis, just commit to the school you are already accepted to.June 1 RIP
it likely will come to that but UC Davis is my top choice school so i feel like I have to at least try...Geez that's early. Well I would just wait all the way up until May 30th, and if you still don't hear back from Davis, just commit to the school you are already accepted to.
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Yeah i totally feel you. UC Davis is my top choice also, so I am trying to wait it out for as long as possible.it likely will come to that but UC Davis is my top choice school so i feel like I have to at least try...
Try asking the peeps on the huge WL thread. I feel like I saw a similar question asked before and I think some people mentioned emailing, but I don't fully remember.it likely will come to that but UC Davis is my top choice school so i feel like I have to at least try...
D
deleted1051525
I feel like you have a lot more to gain from trying than to lose. Whether it works or not, at least you won't be left wondering, "what if I had reached out?" In your position, I would wait out the rest of this week and then, if I still hadn't heard anything, shoot admissions an email early next week to politely inform them of your June 1st CTE deadline, let them know that they are your top choice, thank them for their time, and then... wait/hope! Good luck, rooting for you!it likely will come to that but UC Davis is my top choice school so i feel like I have to at least try...
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
I do not have any place on my secondary portal that says I am waitlisted. I just got an email saying I was placed on the WL.Do any other waitlist applicants have any spot on their secondary portal that officially states their status is "Waitlist" or something? I only got the email telling me I was placed on the WL back in January.
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Just curious, where exactly on your portal is it saying that? I want to see if I overlooked itMy portal says my status is Waitlisted.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Yeah same hereOther than in the message center, my portal doesn't saying anything about being waitlisted either. When I click on the status tab, it just says application is ready.
metricshadow12
Full Member
Kinda crazy that this deep in it seems like only two people have heard anything lol
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Probably a lot more people got called from the WL, that are not on SDNKinda crazy that this deep in it seems like only two people have heard anything lol
It’s under Admissions Decision.Just curious, where exactly on your portal is it saying that? I want to see if I overlooked it
I don’t have an Admissions Decision tab. I only received a message through the portal stating I was placed on waitlist.
Someone I know who already got off the waitlist had an Admissions Decision tab stating their waitlist status. I’m a little concerned that means that only those with that tab have a shot at getting off of the waitlist.
I guess there’s not much use to speculating on this tho. It only makes me more sad lol.
Someone I know who already got off the waitlist had an Admissions Decision tab stating their waitlist status. I’m a little concerned that means that only those with that tab have a shot at getting off of the waitlist.
I guess there’s not much use to speculating on this tho. It only makes me more sad lol.
metricshadow12
Full Member
I Dont think its really an indication of anything, theyre are plenty who have a tab who aint heard **** lolI don’t have an Admissions Decision tab. I only received a message through the portal stating I was placed on waitlist.
Someone I know who already got off the waitlist had an Admissions Decision tab stating their waitlist status. I’m a little concerned that means that only those with that tab have a shot at getting off of the waitlist.
I guess there’s not much use to speculating on this tho. It only makes me more sad lol.
I don't have a tab either. It could just be a difference in the browser also? There's no way of knowing but it's definitely not an indicator of anything
Did the person you know who got off the waitlist post on SDN by any chance that they did? If not then I guess than means at least 3 people have gotten off the WL so farI don’t have an Admissions Decision tab. I only received a message through the portal stating I was placed on waitlist.
Someone I know who already got off the waitlist had an Admissions Decision tab stating their waitlist status. I’m a little concerned that means that only those with that tab have a shot at getting off of the waitlist.
I guess there’s not much use to speculating on this tho. It only makes me more sad lol.
I’m not sureDid the person you know who got off the waitlist post on SDN by any chance that they did? If not then I guess than means at least 3 people have gotten off the WL so far
metricshadow12
Full Member
anyone know the current count on fakebook? i cant seem to find the groupDid the person you know who got off the waitlist post on SDN by any chance that they did? If not then I guess than means at least 3 people have gotten off the WL so far
The count is 258 right now. It hasn't increased since May 1 apart from 2 current students being added. They're really delayed on accepting people I thinkanyone know the current count on fakebook? i cant seem to find the group
Keep in mind their graduation commencement is this Saturday 5/22 so they’re likely busy with that this week
reading some of these comments while I'm just vibing with my depression and the fact that I'm reapplying
The feels . I’m in denial![]()
reading some of these comments while I'm just vibing with my depression and the fact that I'm reapplying
metricshadow12
Full Member
Probably a long shot, but has anyone emailed admissions to see if they know if there will be more movement or not? Just curious
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
we in this together homieThe feels . I’m in denial
Guess no As this week?
metricshadow12
Full Member
Its hard to know but tbh, I find it so hard to believe that there would have been a wave with only a couple of people who are on SDN getting a call you know? Like it could happen, but usually the people on here are the type to fair well ya know? Idk just my opinion. I wish the ad com would provide better communication/information, maybe they are waiting for CTE deadline which is june 1st i think?Guess no As this week?
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
WL movement for this school has been very non existent this cycle, with the exception of the couple calls that went out earlier this month. Kinda surprised actually, since previous years' WL movement has been wonderful.
we only really know what has been said on SDN. It may just be that there HAS been movement but that those people aren't posting on SDN.WL movement for this school has been very non existent this cycle, with the exception of the couple calls that went out earlier this month. Kinda surprised actually, since previous years' WL movement has been wonderful.
We're just gonna have to wait it out I guess my buds. Hang in there everyone 💪
metricshadow12
Full Member
maybe ill try to call their generic number tomorrow to see if anyone answers.... my guess is probably not since they are most likely remote, but might be worth a shotWe're just gonna have to wait it out I guess my buds. Hang in there everyone 💪
WL movement goes into July and I imagine the pandemic + MS4 graduation is slowing things down a bit. That being said, we should all be planning to reapply or matriculate to another school and wait for good news in the meantime. I know how demoralizing it is to not hear anything week after week, and it definitely FEELS like the cycle is over but I'm sure there will still be at least a bit more movement -- WL movement has been great for many years and I don't see why this cycle would be any different.
The waitlist plays a scary game and I hope we all come out on top, but don't let it take over you mentally. A 1-2 day break from SDN did wonders for me.
Hope for the best & prepare for the worst
The waitlist plays a scary game and I hope we all come out on top, but don't let it take over you mentally. A 1-2 day break from SDN did wonders for me.
Hope for the best & prepare for the worst

Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
When is the CTE deadline here? Hoping that some real WL movement will start after UCD's CTE deadline.
Last edited:
premedhopeful333
New Member
So I went on the UC Davis Class thread, and there was mention of ranking for the waitlist? I don't see anything on my account... does that mean I'm basically a reject? ughhh my anxiety just went off the roof.... This is my only WL T.T
Update: OOOPS nvm I was on the vet thread T.T im gonna go in my corner and restart my lurking.....
Update: OOOPS nvm I was on the vet thread T.T im gonna go in my corner and restart my lurking.....
Don't worry, you're not alone. I did the exact same thing about a month ago 🙂So I went on the UC Davis Class thread, and there was mention of ranking for the waitlist? I don't see anything on my account... does that mean I'm basically a reject? ughhh my anxiety just went off the roof.... This is my only WL T.T
Update: OOOPS nvm I was on the vet thread T.T im gonna go in my corner and restart my lurking.....
Butteredbread
New Member
Going to wish the best for all of us until the end!
So idk if anyone has seen the UCSD thread but their admissions stated class was full and waitlist applicants have like a 5% chance for an A. 😵 That being said, emailed UCD admissions a few days ago and was told only that waitlist movement has begun. So here's hoping it'll continue! 🙂
(btw best luck to any UCSD WL peeps that may happen to have read this too!)
So idk if anyone has seen the UCSD thread but their admissions stated class was full and waitlist applicants have like a 5% chance for an A. 😵 That being said, emailed UCD admissions a few days ago and was told only that waitlist movement has begun. So here's hoping it'll continue! 🙂
(btw best luck to any UCSD WL peeps that may happen to have read this too!)
Last edited:
metricshadow12
Full Member
Kind of disappointing info but thanks for the update regardless. :/Going to wish the best for all of us until the end!
So idk if anyone has seen the UCSD thread but their admissions stated class was full and waitlist applicants have like a 5% chance for an A. 😵 That being said, emailed UCD admissions a few days ago and was told only that waitlist movement has begun. So here's hoping it'll continue! 🙂
(btw best luck to any UCSD WL peeps that may happen to have read this too!)
D
deleted1051525
CTE deadline is July 1 this year, so I would guess WL movement will continue into July. Seems like UCD is on a pretty delayed timeline in general, but particularly this year due to COVID-19. Keep hanging in there!When is the CTE deadline here? Hoping that some real WL movement will start after UCD's CTE deadline.
Butteredbread
New Member
Ah sorry didn't mean to be a downer! I had just taken it as a sign that WL movement is still ongoing! Best! 🙂Kind of disappointing info but thanks for the update regardless. :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
me to my email this morning
Did anyone hear from Davis today? Are we all hoping they will call by Wed lol
MeddyMedicine
Full Member
What happens Wednesday?Did anyone hear from Davis today? Are we all hoping they will call by Wed lol
ohhh.... they chose their waitlist applicants then :/You guys, the amount of people added in the Facebook group. +23 in the past week. Sad life.