2020-2021 UT Medical Branch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I ultimately ended up turning them in. I do not believe the forms are binding so you are right they probably don't process them until they solidify their class from match.

I’m most likely attending somewhere else but F for me if we were suppose to turn it in lol

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any reapplicants here that can confirm if UTMB reviews your file with you if you are rejected?

With the way the cycle is going so far, and
last interview date on Jan 15th, has UTMB filled all interview spots? (Complete 2° mid-Aug, above average metrics)
Has anyone complete August or later received an ii.

With the way the cycle is going so far, and
last interview date on Jan 15th, has UTMB filled all interview spots? (Complete 2° mid-Aug, above average metrics)
Has anyone complete August or later received an ii.
I completed my application before Labor day, and received II in mid Sep for Dec interview day (with average stats Lizzy M 69)

Reactions: 1 user
Are there any reapplicants here that can confirm if UTMB reviews your file with you if you are rejected?
They don't specifically review your file with you, as in "what was weak or strong about my application or why did I get turned down?"
**edited to say, apparently they can somewhat review your file with you to say what needs improvement and what is good. See a couple of posters below who commented.

UTMB, as well as Long and Texas Tech Lubbock, do put on some reapplicant workshops, usually in April, with tips for building a better application.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
I was rejected after the 2018-2019 cycle and had a file review with the assistant dean of admissions. He told me what I needed to improve and what looked great in my application. I have not received an interview from them this cycle though.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I was rejected after the 2018-2019 cycle and had a file review with the assistant dean of admissions. He told me what I needed to improve and what looked great in my application. I have not received an interview from them this cycle though.
How are you doing this cycle otherwise?

Someone please turn down their pre-match offer if they don't want to go to UTMB :) This is my dream school LOL

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew from my early Jan interview slot. Hopefully there will be some II movement in the coming weeks :) Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
How long after your interview, your school preference rank list show up in TMDSAS for UTMB?

How long after your interview, your school preference rank list show up in TMDSAS for UTMB?
I interviewed a week ago and it popped up today. Or yesterday... I didn't check yesterday so it may have happened then. But you have until Feb to rank everything so don't worry about it right now.

Reapplicant here. I didn't get to interview during my last cycle and spoke to Dr. Carroll (make sure to specifically request him) on the phone regarding application improvement. He said there wasn't anything wrong with my activities/essays/casper, but he recommended that I retake the MCAT and submit earlier, which were both fixed this cycle. I interviewed at UTMB late September, but still haven't heard back. Hope this helps

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed a week ago and it popped up today. Or yesterday... I didn't check yesterday so it may have happened then. But you have until Feb to rank everything so don't worry about it right now.
I interviewed Dec 2 still it not show up in my TMDSAS, other schools show up just couple of days after.

I interviewed yesterday and I can see it on mine already.

Do y’all think there will be a pre-match wave before the holidays?

No, making me kind of nervous :(. I have seen that others from 11/20 did prematch though

If makes you feel any better, I interviewed on 11/4 and haven’t heard back. The student ambassadors said that it’s normal, she said her and her friend both interviewed on the same day but one of them heard a month later and the other one heard back wayyyy after that

Anyone prematched from Nov 13th? I haven't seen or heard any and there is a lot of prematches before and after this interview date.. did they not like any of us? lol
Hello!

I interviewed on November 13th and I got a pre-match on December 4th, so exactly 3 weeks after.

Anyone in despair from seeing so many prematches and you check your email every day but nothing? 😬

Anyone in despair from seeing so many prematches and you check your email every day but nothing? 😬
Yes! This was my dream school from YEARS ago. I interviewed in early September and watched what feels like everyone else get prematched here. Sigh...

Yes! This was my dream school from YEARS ago. I interviewed in early September and watched what feels like everyone else get prematched here. Sigh...

Exact same boat. I thought it was a good sign to be interviewed so early 😅

• Care
I think we might have another prematch wave after Jan 4, UTMB's academic schedule says there on break this week and next week so lets hope for a good new year :)

For those accepted already, has any one received any credentials for logging in to any of the portals yet? or a physical mail? or anything at all post-acceptance?

For those accepted already, has any one received any credentials for logging in to any of the portals yet? or a physical mail? or anything at all post-acceptance?
I was accepted at the beginning of this month and was told that we should be receiving our MyStar email account next month. I have received a "Thank you for interviewing with us" card in the mail, and nothing else post-acceptance as of yet.

I was accepted at the beginning of this month and was told that we should be receiving our MyStar email account next month. I have received a "Thank you for interviewing with us" card in the mail, and nothing else post-acceptance as of yet.
Hey thanks! Was just a little concerned at the fact that I didn't receive anything yet. Thanks!

Is there a Facebook group or anything for accepted students?

Hey all, happy holidays and new year. Did anyone else receive a congratulatory letter for interviewing via mail? I also received a nice UTMB SOM sticker with the handwritten letter. Interviewed 12/4.

I actually never received the handwritten letter and I interviewed a while ago. Any anyone else in this same situation?

Hey all, happy holidays and new year. Did anyone else receive a congratulatory letter for interviewing via mail? I also received a nice UTMB SOM sticker with the handwritten letter. Interviewed 12/4.
Yes! I believe the med students hand write them to everyone who interviews. It’s a nice gesture :)

Interviewed 12/2, Yes same. Do your TMDSAS portal update UTMB rank list? Thanks. Mine hasn't. Is it normal?