2020-2021 UT Medical Branch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all!

Happy Holidays! For those that have been accepted, how long after your interview did you hear back with a prematch offer? Thank you in advance for your help! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all!

Happy Holidays! For those that have been accepted, how long after your interview did you hear back with a prematch offer? Thank you in advance for your help!
Several weeks. Interviewed 18th of November and got the acceptance email on December 4th

Reactions: 4 users
Hi all!

Happy Holidays! For those that have been accepted, how long after your interview did you hear back with a prematch offer? Thank you in advance for your help! :)
Interviewed Oct. 16th and got accepted 12/1

Reactions: 2 users
Has any accepted student sent in their transcript(s) to office of enrollment yet? And how do we verify if those forms we were asked to mail in have been received and processed?

Has any accepted student sent in their transcript(s) to office of enrollment yet? And how do we verify if those forms we were asked to mail in have been received and processed?
I emailed enrollment services about it and they said they have a new admissions software where admitted students aren't in yet. Due to that they have to wait to request transcripts and said that it will happen around mid-January so that they can save the transcripts to our records.

No idea about the other forms though.

I sent an email with my TDCJ Form, Alumni Field House Form, and White Coat Ceremony Form (as attachments) to the admissions email address and they responded the same day saying "Items Received. Thank you"
Edit: I did not make any attempt to send transcripts and am still waiting for my UTMB email address and MyStar account activation

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Is there a point in the application process where IS and OOS are considered equal? I am just wondering if I (an OOS applicant) have yet crossed the IS bias (I interviewed on 11/20 and haven't heard back).

Is there a point in the application process where IS and OOS are considered equal? I am just wondering if I (an OOS applicant) have yet crossed the IS bias (I interviewed on 11/20 and haven't heard back).

Short answer is no. Since UTMB cannot have more than 10% of their class as OOS students, there really is no point where IS and OOS are considered equal. With few OOS seats, mosts school will wait until they have interview a majority, if not all, of their OOS interviewees before sending out decisions.

Interviewed 12/2, Yes same. Do your TMDSAS portal update UTMB rank list? Thanks. Mine hasn't. Is it normal?
I interviewed 12/4 and still do not see UTMB on my rank list. Does anyone else see it yet, or is it like this for everyone?

I interviewed 12/4 and still do not see UTMB on my rank list. Does anyone else see it yet, or is it like this for everyone?
Mine hasn't! Weird! My friend interview same day with me and her rank list has UTMB on it. Hope it means they take longer to pre-match us ;). I emailed UTMB they said it will show up before the due date to submit the rank list?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Short answer is no. Since UTMB cannot have more than 10% of their class as OOS students, there really is no point where IS and OOS are considered equal. With few OOS seats, mosts school will wait until they have interview a majority, if not all, of their OOS interviewees before sending out decisions.
UTMB like most TX public med schools receives majority its funding from TX (TX tax) in return promise to train at least 90% its class with TX residents. So IS & OOS are in diff competition pools

Interviewed 12/4 and mine showed up 2-3 days later.

Anyone gotten details about setting up their myStar login? or anything else? I haven't even received the mail which I believe was sent to all accepted studnents. :(

Anyone gotten details about setting up their myStar login? or anything else? I haven't even received the mail which I believe was sent to all accepted studnents. :(
I haven't gotten it either, I heard it was coming this month when I called admissions to ask

Reactions: 1 users
UTMB is officially back from break today! Let's hope we see some a prematch wave soon! Good luck everyone!!

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
Would it be appropriate to send a LOI or an update letter before match day or should I wait until after? Not sure what their policy is on this

Would it be appropriate to send a LOI or an update letter before match day or should I wait until after? Not sure what their policy is on this
Not sure about LOI but UTMB takes update letters (you can upload on AMP document upload tab or email to admissions)

Got a town hall invite email this morning and my heart started racing. Hope there is some prematch movement soon!!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Do all interviewees get invited to the town halls, or just those that are desirable?

umm so when was the last pre-match wave sent out? I interviewed on October 9 and still haven't heard back.. Is there still hope for me? Should I think about reapplying..? Just want to be practical i guess.

There was a wave in early december. If you scroll up you'll be able to find the most recent person on here who has posted about prematching

Got the acceptance email today! Interviewed 12/11.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Mine hasn't! Weird! My friend interview same day with me and her rank list has UTMB on it. Hope it means they take longer to pre-match us ;). I emailed UTMB they said it will show up before the due date to submit the rank list?
Pre-match today! Interview 12/2

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Pre-match today! Interview 12/4. Received around 10:22AM

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone from 12/16 hear anything? I am anxiously waiting. :cryi:

Congrats! That is a great way to ring in the New Year 😁. Interviewed the same day but radio silence on my end. Oh well 🤷🏿‍♀️
Yes congrats to all those who pre-matched! Interviewed on 12/4 and nothing yet :(

Have any IIs gone out recently? I submitted on 8/4 and haven't heard anything

Have any IIs gone out recently? I submitted on 8/4 and haven't heard anything
Sadly, I think they’re done giving out IIs :( their last interview dates are next week on wed and Friday. I think if someone were to cancel last minute, they’d fill it!

Sadly, I think they’re done giving out IIs :( their last interview dates are next week on wed and Friday. I think if someone were to cancel last minute, they’d fill it!
Dang :/ that's what I figured, but just wanted to check. Thank you!

Do you mind sharing your stats? Congratulations to you!
Lizzy M 69, ORM, Liberal art, Psy major, one research. I think my leadership at UT Sailing Club got me in. Of all med schools in TX, UMTB is the only one has sailing club

Reactions: 5 users
I received an acceptance letter today. This was my first one...what a relief.
Interviewed 12/8

Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone received the official acceptance letter through the mail? I've been checking every day and nothing

Can someone please send me the link for the Facebook group for accepted students?

Has anyone received the official acceptance letter through the mail? I've been checking every day and nothing

I think after match day they’ll send out letters, including your utmb email. Won’t make sense to send those stuff to students that might not attend.

Reactions: 3 users
I assume they’ll send it soon. Only cause last year everyone got there’s like 2 weeks after prematch and maybe covid through things out for a loop. From what I’ve been seeing, mid January is when they’ll send out more stuff to accepted students.