2020-2021 Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
General question, how long after the interview do you guys think its best to send letters of interest/updates. Also, is getting back grades/ increase in gpa a good enough update or should it be something more substantial?
I sent mine in a week after my interview (no idea if that is typical–figured it wouldn't hurt to come across too eager). I also didn't have any major updates (just elaborated more on my job that had only just started when I submitted my secondary plus some abstract acceptances). I think grades back/increase in GPA seems sufficient!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are they keeping track of who attends the Vanderbilt Deep Dives? I'd love to go but I usually have work during those times.
 
Are they keeping track of who attends the Vanderbilt Deep Dives? I'd love to go but I usually have work during those times.
Do they send out invitations for these? I saw that it says students will be invited to join these in the interview section in their portal but I haven't received any notification about it.
 
Do they send out invitations for these? I saw that it says students will be invited to join these in the interview section in their portal but I haven't received any notification about it.
I think they only send links out once a month for the upcoming dates that month. I emailed requesting information for approaching sessions though and they were very nice about it
 
Are they keeping track of who attends the Vanderbilt Deep Dives? I'd love to go but I usually have work during those times.

Not sure but the admissions office seems really accomodating so if you really can’t make it work, you could email and they probably would set you up to meet 1-on-1 or share slides at least!
 
Anyone know how receptive they are to updates and letters of interest? I was thinking of sending one today.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, just uploaded my letter of interest to the portal, but was wondering if I should email them too letting them know? Or is that not necessary?
 
How do you all know it's Friday? Do you know which dates of interviews this includes?
Looks like it from MSAR as previously said and looking at the last few years the first wave of decisions has been released on/around the third Friday of December. Idk what interview dates specifically but in my interview we were told that they meet in November for December decisions
 
at my late november interview, we were told we were on the cusp and could potentially hear back in december depending on how quickly our interviewers submitted their eval! def not holding my breath though haha as a later decision seems more likely (for late nov)
 
at my late november interview, we were told we were on the cusp and could potentially hear back in december depending on how quickly our interviewers submitted their eval! def not holding my breath though haha as a later decision seems more likely (for late nov)
They said this to early November people too lol
 
I am hoping this holds true! During the UC Davis Health Fair, someone at the Vanderbilt "booth" had mentioned a possible pushback of this usual timeline due to COVID and wanting to accommodate those who had their apps delayed because of COVID
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am hoping this holds true! During the UC Davis Health Fair, someone at the Vanderbilt "booth" had mentioned a possible pushback of this usual timeline due to COVID and wanting to accommodate those who had their apps delayed because of COVID
Really hope they follow through with this!!! I submitted mine right on the deadline :/
 
Really hoping to be included in this round of As...interview late November seems unlikely though 😒 thoughts?
Tbh I think it's a good spot to be in. If they don't accept you, there's no wondering "Why didn't they accept me" cuz you know there wasn't enough time. But they also might've gotten to you if your interviewer submitted comments early enough. Best of both worlds! That's what I tell myself (in the same boat as you!)
 
Tbh I think it's a good spot to be in. If they don't accept you, there's no wondering "Why didn't they accept me" cuz you know there wasn't enough time. But they also might've gotten to you if your interviewer submitted comments early enough. Best of both worlds! That's what I tell myself (in the same boat as you!)
Good perspective!! Thanks 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad