2020-2021 Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I guess it's cancelled? Still saying the same thing for me rn..

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if the informal session the night before the interview is mandatory, I just realized I won't be able to attend mine.

Does anyone know if the informal session the night before the interview is mandatory, I just realized I won't be able to attend mine.
Definitely not mandatory. There were a couple of people in my interview group who were not at the social the night before.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's not mandatory; it's purely for your benefit only, to give you an opportunity to ask questions without any staff or faculty around. You'll have opportunities for that the day of the interview though. On my interview day, a lot of the questions that were asked were the same as the ones in the previous night.

II just now!! Complete on the deadline. Excited for this one! One date in Jan and many throughout Feb were open for scheduling
Wow congrats! we have some hope!!

Wow congrats! we have some hope!!
Thank you!! Really thought I’d blown my chance submitting that late. There’s hope! Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear from here!

Thank you!! Really thought I’d blown my chance submitting that late. There’s hope! Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear from here!

Thank you! Fingers crossed! Submitted mid Oct

Reactions: 1 user
II about an hour ago!!! I thought all hope was lost!!!!! Good luck to everyone, this has been such an intense cycle!!

Pre-II R, complete early September.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Pre-II R. Was my top choice. RIP

Last edited:
  • Care
Pre-II R. Complete in July. 518/4.0, WARS: 89, good ECs, and work at VUMC, with a strong LOR from a former VUSOM adcom member.

• Care
  • Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
+1 for the R. I needed some more fuel for the fire under my ass to keep on the grind. Rejections seem to do the trick alright :lol:

• Care
If anyone does get an II today, please be so kind as to share. I have a feeling last Friday’s were the last to go out 😭

• Sad
pre-II R. My secondary here was baaaaad, y'all remember the autobiography lol. Oh well, its all good.

• Care
pre-II R.... not like i poured my soul into the autobiography or anything... best of luck to everyone still in the running :))))

• Care
I wonder where they are in the alphabet...my time is coming

"To be fair to all applicants, we decided to extend our review of files into the middle of January (normally completed at the beginning of December). This will allow us to extend our interview season well into February, while we are normally complete at the end of January. We plan to interview as many of you as we can accommodate in this time frame."

This was in their update email back in November. Considering middle of January has passed, is it fair to assume that those who didn't get a file review by this time is basically rejected?

If anyone does get an II today, please be so kind as to share. I have a feeling last Friday’s were the last to go out 😭
They said in an email a while back that they plan on interviewing well into February. There’s still hope!

"To be fair to all applicants, we decided to extend our review of files into the middle of January (normally completed at the beginning of December). This will allow us to extend our interview season well into February, while we are normally complete at the end of January. We plan to interview as many of you as we can accommodate in this time frame."

This was in their update email back in November. Considering middle of January has passed, is it fair to assume that those who didn't get a file review by this time is basically rejected?
that was my thought

Maybe they’ve reviewed all applications but still have another wave of IIs and R’s they’re waiting to send out?

My application status has been "Your application is ready for review" this whole time.
Do they update this or is it a default status?

My application status has been "Your application is ready for review" this whole time.
Do they update this or is it a default status?

It's always like that I think. Most of the communications and updates occur via email/communications tab

Maybe they’ve reviewed all applications but still have another wave of IIs and R’s they’re waiting to send out?
Let's hope so. I'm hoping for an II, submitted mid Oct but at this point, it's more of a hail mary than anything.

Oh! Y’all I emailed them a while back (before christmasand this is what they said:

“However, we should have more information regarding your application status for you in the next month or so and will continue to send out invitations to interview through late January.”

there’s still definitely reason to hope!! We can take a breather haha.

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Also got that pre-II R earlier this morning. About time. I was complete since mid-July, but I was a little surprised as my application was pretty well targeted to Vandy, decent but not spectacular stats at LM 75, and sent a letter of interest months ago.

• Care
Anyone else think the wording of the rejection email was a bit odd/insensitive?
"The Committee for Admissions has carefully reviewed your application materials and recommended that you not be offered the opportunity to continue your application process for the Entering Class of 2021."
I think they should fix that in the future lol.

Pre-II R, complete 8/16, sent update 12/11 (got no response)

• Care
"The Committee for Admissions has carefully reviewed your application materials and recommended that you not be offered the opportunity to continue your application process for the Entering Class of 2021."
Seems fine to me. That’s exactly what happened. Better than the schools that patronize you if you ask me

Had to read it twice to realize I got rejected haha.

Pre-II R this morning - congrats to all those with II and A's here!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I agree it's insensitive. Their wording is literally "we recommend that you be denied this opportunity"

Anyone else think its a little weird they sent out rejections on MLK day?

It is insensitive, slightly. Also, confusing. I literally had to read it twice to know what it meant. You don't use a connotatively-positive verb (recommended) followed by a negative phrase (not be offered) unless you are trying to troll people.

Reminds me of the Bridesmaids scene where Annie gets kicked out of her roommate agreement... "We'd like to invite you to no longer live with us." LMAO.

Surprised I wasn't rejected earlier! Good luck everyone!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
They mentioned they do reviews in February in March. Does anyone know when those reviews are? (ex. first week of those months, etc.).