2020-2021 Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In most rankings (in medicine) they ranked 1 and 2.
I think the point is that despite them always being mentioned together (with Harvard more often than not being seen as more prestigious), there is a pretty big stats gap between them. Know what I mean?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted on 6/19 and don't have a secondary yet. Anyone in the same boat?
Vandy screens, so if you're missing any component of your application, I don't think you will be reviewed yet. Likewise, if your stats are not quite what they're looking for, you might not be sent a secondary.
 
Vandy screens, so if you're missing any component of your application, I don't think you will be reviewed yet. Likewise, if your stats are not quite what they're looking for, you might not be sent a secondary.

If this is the case should we email them to follow-up? I just checked my spam/junk and no luck in there. I am def no where near their average stats but still trying to shoot my shot.
 
If this is the case should we email them to follow-up? I just checked my spam/junk and no luck in there. I am def no where near their average stats but still trying to shoot my shot.

I really think you should follow up. At this point it conveys interest. Its already September so in my opinion I think its reasonable.
 
I really think you should follow up. At this point it conveys interest. Its already September so in my opinion I think its reasonable.
If this is the case should we email them to follow-up? I just checked my spam/junk and no luck in there. I am def no where near their average stats but still trying to shoot my shot.
Honestly, I'm not sure. It may not help, but my guess is it probably wouldn't hurt.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really think you should follow up. At this point it conveys interest. Its already September so in my opinion I think its reasonable.
Honestly, I'm not sure. It may not help, but my guess is it probably wouldn't hurt.

Update. I emailed and was informed I was put on HOLD until new MCAT score is released tomorrow. I hope I get to share the privilege of a Secondary with you all soon.
 
Do they pre-screen MD/PhD apps as well? Below their track it says " *MD applications are screened by the admissions committee before a secondary invitation is sent ". What about MSTP?
 
For those of you who have interviewed already, when were you notified whether you were assigned the morning or afternoon schedule. I'm not sure if I will be notified two weeks ahead, or three days ahead. Thanks!
 
For those of you who have interviewed already, when were you notified whether you were assigned the morning or afternoon schedule. I'm not sure if I will be notified two weeks ahead, or three days ahead. Thanks!
I was notified two weeks ahead of time
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I found this probably outdated but still insightful look into Vandy's process from a SDN profile: User #4437 profile - MDApplicants.com
I don't think it is likely that their process is anything like this now, tbh. This was over 15 years ago. If you want more insight, check this out:

And shout out to Christian @ Case Western for pushing to make this process more transparent with this podcast.
 
I don't think it is likely that their process is anything like this now, tbh. This was over 15 years ago. If you want more insight, check this out:

And shout out to Christian @ Case Western for pushing to make this process more transparent with this podcast.

oh dang thank you so much!
 
No problem! I found that podcast extremely helpful. The only other podcast that is even more helpful for premeds is The Premed Years (legit is a huge part of the reason my cycle is going this well so far).
 
Me too! Anyone else having trouble figuring out where to choose an interview date? My portal has been updated with an interview tab.. and I just completed the survery and uploaded a photo. But I can't find a calendar or anything...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad