-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Vanderbilt
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Complete 7/26
takemercyonme
Full Member
Has anyone who got a II during this wave been able to pick a date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II! Complete 8/28
Not yet, seems like portal hasn't updated and is being very slow (probably all the traffic).Has anyone who got a II during this wave been able to pick a date?
thetis
New Member
Has anyone who got a II during this wave been able to pick a date?
The only date I saw is Oct 26, and no opening for Nov and Dec. Anyone else has same issue??
Tfw your own undergrad ghosts you lmao
When I first logged on, I could see October 20, 23, and 26. Now I can't see anything...The only date I saw is Oct 26, and no opening for Nov and Dec. Anyone else has same issue??
Same, nothing available for all dates. I'll send them an e-mail tomorrow if I can't schedule by then.When I first logged on, I could see October 20, 23, and 26. Now I can't see anything...
Keep me updated! This has happened like twice before already and usually I had luck with calling or emailing the school to manually make an appointment. Congrats on your interview and good luck 🙂Same, nothing available for all dates. I'll send them an e-mail tomorrow if I can't schedule by then.
II this afternoon! Complete late July
Also showing no dates for me
Also showing no dates for me
BeeBopBoop
Full Member
Yay, congrats! Did you apply to MIDP by chance? I noticed your "PhD to MD".. same here 🙂Just received an II!! In disbelief but so excited!!
SpreadKindness20
Full Member
According to MSAR, they interviewed 645.Is it incorrect to assume that Vanderbilt has already given out ~50% of its interviews for this cycle? On their website, it seems as though they have released 255 interviews and that they typically interview 550 people/cycle (according to their 'Process' tab). Idk, but seems as though there may not be a delay after all in giving out interviews this cycle. Starting to lose hope considering I have been complete for a few months now and still don't have any interviews from Vanderbilt or anywhere else... Anyone else in a similar boat?
Have to remember that the handful of people posting on SDN about their IIs are just that -- a handful. Most folks, I think, have yet to receive an II. I don't know about Vandy specifically, but it's still very early in the cycle.
No I didn't apply to the MIDP program. My PhD is in very basic Biology and I felt I didn't really align with the program.Yay, congrats! Did you apply to MIDP by chance? I noticed your "PhD to MD".. same here 🙂
Vandy publishes the live count for interview invites on their website. They are currently at 255 invites, so almost halfway done if you go by last year's numbersAccording to MSAR, they interviewed 645.
Have to remember that the handful of people posting on SDN about their IIs are just that -- a handful. Most folks, I think, have yet to receive an II. I don't know about Vandy specifically, but it's still very early in the cycle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Vandy and Michigan are the two T20 schools that have trackers. Vandy sent 54 IIs today and typically less than 10% gets reported on SDN for any school.Vandy publishes the live count for interview invites on their website. They are currently at 255 invites, so almost halfway done if you go by last year's numbers
borrawin95
Full Member
II today, complete 9/9.
I didn’t have any issue picking a date.
I didn’t have any issue picking a date.
BeeBopBoop
Full Member
Ok, good to know! Thanks for your response, and best of luck on your interview! I applied MIDP and hoping those invites are timed differently. May just be wishful thinking, but who knows!No I didn't apply to the MIDP program. My PhD is in very basic Biology and I felt I didn't really align with the program.
For anyone having problems picking dates, I received an email from admissions this morning and was able to schedule a date through them.
+1
Anyone still waiting on a secondary? Got my MCAT scores back August 18th, heard nothing since.
I am also still waiting on a secondary! Got my MCAT scores August 6th and have not heard from them
+2
Retook MCAT on 8/14 with score release on 9/1 and still no news.
anyone know how many II's have been sent so far?
277 according to their Website Tracker
purple_jpg
Full Member
There’s a tracker on the admissions websiteanyone know how many II's have been sent so far?
premed122605
New Member
For those who have interviewed - are you assigned your interviewers ahead of time (are you given their names/titles)? Referring to the statement below:
"Two weeks prior to your scheduled interview, you will be matched with your interviewers and assigned to either our morning interview session (8am-1:30pm CT) or our afternoon interview session (10am-3:30pm CT)."
"Two weeks prior to your scheduled interview, you will be matched with your interviewers and assigned to either our morning interview session (8am-1:30pm CT) or our afternoon interview session (10am-3:30pm CT)."
yes, you are given their names beforehand!For those who have interviewed - are you assigned your interviewers ahead of time (are you given their names/titles)? Referring to the statement below:
"Two weeks prior to your scheduled interview, you will be matched with your interviewers and assigned to either our morning interview session (8am-1:30pm CT) or our afternoon interview session (10am-3:30pm CT)."
Same boat... same boat hahaTfw your own undergrad ghosts you lmao
Any word on any rejections yet? I would like them to just axe me instead of the waiting lmfaoSame boat... same boat haha
Any word on any rejections yet? I would like them to just axe me instead of the waiting lmfao
Nope, not yet! Stay positive my friend 🙂
I still haven't even heard that they initially reviewed my application... Had a 7/7 MCAT with scores coming back 7/21. Emailed them at the end of August and they said I was in the queue to be reviewed. Silent rejection maybe? I'm in state, non-vandy undergrad, but worked at Vandy doing clinical research over the last two years.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
missanthropocene909
Full Member
For people who had issues scheduling an interview (there's nowhere on the portal for me to see a calendar), did it eventually update?
I clicked around and actually found it but clicked away and lost it again, but it's there somewhereFor people who had issues scheduling an interview (there's nowhere on the portal for me to see a calendar), did it eventually update?
missanthropocene909
Full Member
Ahhh ty, do you happen to remember if it was under the interview tab for you or somewhere random?I clicked around and actually found it but clicked away and lost it again, but it's there somewhere
Yeah so I found it again, it is the interview tab (not the subtabs under the interview tab, the actual interview tab with the checkbox if that makes sense). It didn't show up at first. For some reason I had to click around my autobio and challenge essay and then when I clicked the interview tab the calendar showed up, with dates starting in early November.Ahhh ty, do you happen to remember if it was under the interview tab for you or somewhere random?
Edit: the first date is now taken so maybe the calendar went down as they were refreshing
so guessing there will probably be two more waves of II's? seems around 70 go out each time
for those who got II's today, do you mind sharing which dates they're on?
for those who got II's today, do you mind sharing which dates they're on?
II today (a couple hours ago). Complete 7/20, LM~77, ORM, OOS.
missanthropocene909
Full Member
There were a bunch of november dates when I scheduled mineso guessing there will probably be two more waves of II's? seems around 70 go out each time
for those who got II's today, do you mind sharing which dates they're on?
It's open file interview so review all your ECs and research.Sorry if this was already asked, but does anyone who interviewed already have any tips? Anything to be prepared for for the interview?
How many days before interview is this info provided ?yes, you are given their names beforehand!
I think it was like 2 days beforeHow many days before interview is this info provided ?
Do any schools tell you? I was always under the impression that not receiving a secondary was self explanatory. Remember, there are some schools that actually ghost people after interviewing them, and MANY schools provide absolutely no communication after receiving a secondary until they send a R after the cycle is over -- this is really nothing by comparison.Lol does Vanderbilt not even tell you if you aren't worth a secondary. I mean I stopped considering this school a while ago but I thought at least I would receive some formal communication.
MD.Loading
Full Member
Yeah there are schools that tell you.Do any schools tell you? I was always under the impression that not receiving a secondary was self explanatory. Remember, there are some schools that actually ghost people after interviewing them, and MANY schools provide absolutely no communication after receiving a secondary until they send a R after the cycle is over -- this is really nothing by comparison.
Re-applicant with anecdotal evidence: received a pre-secondary R from Vanderbilt last cycle in November after submitting my primary in JulyLol does Vanderbilt not even tell you if you aren't worth a secondary. I mean I stopped considering this school a while ago but I thought at least I would receive some formal communication.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-secondary R today. Best of luck to you all
D
deleted701194
Current M1 here. This is an amazing school with great people and it's about as low stress/collaborative as possible for an elite med school. 1 yr preclinical+P/F clinical year+protected research time is a great combination. If anyone has questions, shoot me a message
EaglePutt3
Full Member
For those that have interviewed, was there anything on Thursday evening the night before?
lopsidedegg
Full Member
Just got an II! It was in my spam
Zulka
Full Member
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your complete date? Thank you!Just got an II! It was in my spam