2020-2021 Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II, Complete 9/9

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who got a II during this wave been able to pick a date?
Not yet, seems like portal hasn't updated and is being very slow (probably all the traffic).

Reactions: 1 user
The only date I saw is Oct 26, and no opening for Nov and Dec. Anyone else has same issue??
When I first logged on, I could see October 20, 23, and 26. Now I can't see anything...

When I first logged on, I could see October 20, 23, and 26. Now I can't see anything...
Same, nothing available for all dates. I'll send them an e-mail tomorrow if I can't schedule by then.

Same, nothing available for all dates. I'll send them an e-mail tomorrow if I can't schedule by then.
Keep me updated! This has happened like twice before already and usually I had luck with calling or emailing the school to manually make an appointment. Congrats on your interview and good luck :)

II this afternoon! Complete late July
Also showing no dates for me

Is it incorrect to assume that Vanderbilt has already given out ~50% of its interviews for this cycle? On their website, it seems as though they have released 255 interviews and that they typically interview 550 people/cycle (according to their 'Process' tab). Idk, but seems as though there may not be a delay after all in giving out interviews this cycle. Starting to lose hope considering I have been complete for a few months now and still don't have any interviews from Vanderbilt or anywhere else... Anyone else in a similar boat?
According to MSAR, they interviewed 645.

Have to remember that the handful of people posting on SDN about their IIs are just that -- a handful. Most folks, I think, have yet to receive an II. I don't know about Vandy specifically, but it's still very early in the cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yay, congrats! Did you apply to MIDP by chance? I noticed your "PhD to MD".. same here :)
No I didn't apply to the MIDP program. My PhD is in very basic Biology and I felt I didn't really align with the program.

According to MSAR, they interviewed 645.

Have to remember that the handful of people posting on SDN about their IIs are just that -- a handful. Most folks, I think, have yet to receive an II. I don't know about Vandy specifically, but it's still very early in the cycle.
Vandy publishes the live count for interview invites on their website. They are currently at 255 invites, so almost halfway done if you go by last year's numbers

Vandy publishes the live count for interview invites on their website. They are currently at 255 invites, so almost halfway done if you go by last year's numbers
Vandy and Michigan are the two T20 schools that have trackers. Vandy sent 54 IIs today and typically less than 10% gets reported on SDN for any school.

II today, complete 9/9.

I didn’t have any issue picking a date.

No I didn't apply to the MIDP program. My PhD is in very basic Biology and I felt I didn't really align with the program.
Ok, good to know! Thanks for your response, and best of luck on your interview! I applied MIDP and hoping those invites are timed differently. May just be wishful thinking, but who knows!

For anyone having problems picking dates, I received an email from admissions this morning and was able to schedule a date through them.

For those who have interviewed - are you assigned your interviewers ahead of time (are you given their names/titles)? Referring to the statement below:

"Two weeks prior to your scheduled interview, you will be matched with your interviewers and assigned to either our morning interview session (8am-1:30pm CT) or our afternoon interview session (10am-3:30pm CT)."

For those who have interviewed - are you assigned your interviewers ahead of time (are you given their names/titles)? Referring to the statement below:

"Two weeks prior to your scheduled interview, you will be matched with your interviewers and assigned to either our morning interview session (8am-1:30pm CT) or our afternoon interview session (10am-3:30pm CT)."
yes, you are given their names beforehand!

Any word on any rejections yet? I would like them to just axe me instead of the waiting lmfao

Nope, not yet! Stay positive my friend :)

I still haven't even heard that they initially reviewed my application... Had a 7/7 MCAT with scores coming back 7/21. Emailed them at the end of August and they said I was in the queue to be reviewed. Silent rejection maybe? I'm in state, non-vandy undergrad, but worked at Vandy doing clinical research over the last two years.

For people who had issues scheduling an interview (there's nowhere on the portal for me to see a calendar), did it eventually update?

For people who had issues scheduling an interview (there's nowhere on the portal for me to see a calendar), did it eventually update?
I clicked around and actually found it but clicked away and lost it again, but it's there somewhere

Ahhh ty, do you happen to remember if it was under the interview tab for you or somewhere random?
Yeah so I found it again, it is the interview tab (not the subtabs under the interview tab, the actual interview tab with the checkbox if that makes sense). It didn't show up at first. For some reason I had to click around my autobio and challenge essay and then when I clicked the interview tab the calendar showed up, with dates starting in early November.

Edit: the first date is now taken so maybe the calendar went down as they were refreshing

so guessing there will probably be two more waves of II's? seems around 70 go out each time

for those who got II's today, do you mind sharing which dates they're on?

II today (a couple hours ago). Complete 7/20, LM~77, ORM, OOS.

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry if this was already asked, but does anyone who interviewed already have any tips? Anything to be prepared for for the interview?

Sorry if this was already asked, but does anyone who interviewed already have any tips? Anything to be prepared for for the interview?
It's open file interview so review all your ECs and research.

Lol does Vanderbilt not even tell you if you aren't worth a secondary. I mean I stopped considering this school a while ago but I thought at least I would receive some formal communication.
Do any schools tell you? I was always under the impression that not receiving a secondary was self explanatory. Remember, there are some schools that actually ghost people after interviewing them, and MANY schools provide absolutely no communication after receiving a secondary until they send a R after the cycle is over -- this is really nothing by comparison.

Do any schools tell you? I was always under the impression that not receiving a secondary was self explanatory. Remember, there are some schools that actually ghost people after interviewing them, and MANY schools provide absolutely no communication after receiving a secondary until they send a R after the cycle is over -- this is really nothing by comparison.
Yeah there are schools that tell you.

Lol does Vanderbilt not even tell you if you aren't worth a secondary. I mean I stopped considering this school a while ago but I thought at least I would receive some formal communication.
Re-applicant with anecdotal evidence: received a pre-secondary R from Vanderbilt last cycle in November after submitting my primary in July

Just got the pre-secondary R, IS. Goodluck to everyone else applying/interviewing here!!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Pre-secondary R today. Best of luck to you all

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Current M1 here. This is an amazing school with great people and it's about as low stress/collaborative as possible for an elite med school. 1 yr preclinical+P/F clinical year+protected research time is a great combination. If anyone has questions, shoot me a message

Reactions: 7 users
For those that have interviewed, was there anything on Thursday evening the night before?