2020-2021 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’d estimate around 6pm
I believe they always automatically send an email right around 6:05 pm EST if your portal status has changed in the last 24 hours, but like @Neon-turtle98 said, some new tabs appear in the portal at some point throughout the day if you’ve been accepted so I will probably be neurotic and periodically check the portal!

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
So we shouldn't expect a phone call? It will be an email update?

I believe they always automatically send an email right around 6:05 pm EST if your portal status has changed in the last 24 hours, but like @Neon-turtle98 said, some new tabs appear in the portal at some point throughout the day if you’ve been accepted so I will probably be neurotic and periodically check the portal!
Sounds good man haha

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
My tabs appeared last year at around 3 PM, but they can occur at any time today. Email at 6:05-6:10 PM will show an update change, then you can see the acceptance on the portal! Good luck.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
My tabs appeared last year at around 3 PM, but they can occur at any time today. Email at 6:05-6:10 PM will show an update change, then you can see the acceptance on the portal! Good luck.
Glad to know I can stop neurotically checking for a few hours! haha. Thank you!

UGH still stuck on this for months......Your M.D. file is now complete. A member of the committee will do a review of your application. This review is done to determine your qualifications for a potential interview invitation. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile. PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE.

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
UGH still stuck on this for months......Your M.D. file is now complete. A member of the committee will do a review of your application. This review is done to determine your qualifications for a potential interview invitation. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile. PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE.

Same here! When were you complete? I was complete 8/24

Reactions: 1 users
I'm also stuck on "a member of the committee" and I agree. I've mentally accepted my R from this school :lol:
same here. unfortunately when I apply this logic across the board. I've mentally accepted an R from Every school by now hahahah. this waiting game is just too much for my little heart to handle.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
SAME. This is one of my top choices, I would love to hear back from them soon :(

started to work for vcu in septemebr.. the silence from here is crushing me (yes i am dramatic ok)

Guys my portal updated. Added a section in the front titled "VCU information"... DOES THIS MEAN WHAT I THINK IT MEANS???

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Congrats to you!! I'm shaking. I'm going to wait for that portal update before I call it official.
Congratulations to you too! I remember you saying somewhere that you're a reapplicant so I'm so happy for you that this cycle has been successful :) Yeah I guess we can wait for the official portal update before we fully freak out!

Do you think they did everyone's additional tab at once, or should I hold on to hope that mine could still change?

Omg congrats everyone!!
I'm wondering the same thing as @Neon-turtle98. Holding out hope because last year's thread seemed variable!

For those who’ve interviewed, how did you guys prep for it?

Is this the Tab everyone is talking about???
1602872680048.png

I GOT TABS!!!! Trying not to get excited until I get the actual message, but yay!

Okay I got the tabs... official transcripts, VCU Information, and in state tuition. Does this mean an acceptance??! I interviewed on October 8th!

Reactions: 2 users
For those who don't have tabs, sit tight they are continuing to release it throughout the day

• Care
are they still sending tabs out? : / or should i just give up hope

Reactions: 5 users
*sigh* when you felt great after your interview but have no new tabs :(

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to all who got tabs today! Any IS acceptances? Assuming this is just a coincidence but seems as if most, if not all, those reporting tabs are OOS

Hey congrats to those who got tabs!!! Yes that’s for sure that you’re in. Typically all tabs are added at the same time so if you haven’t gotten them by now you’re probably not going to! VCU only accepts wbout 25 percent of applicants each offer date: usually 50/200 so don’t despair too much

Hey congrats to those who got tabs!!! Yes that’s for sure that you’re in. Typically all tabs are added at the same time so if you haven’t gotten them by now you’re probably not going to! VCU only accepts wbout 25 percent of applicants each offer date: usually 50/200 so don’t despair too much

Where did you learn all this information? This would mean that the post-II acceptance rate is much lower than the purported 50%.

Last edited: