2020-2021 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
VCU, just reject me so I can stop checking your dang portal

Sorry to hear buddy. What was your complete date?

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to hear buddy. What was your complete date?
End of August. I know it's not as long as some other people, but on the other hand, I'm still on "a member of a committee". I'm fine with rejection but the waiting is driving me bananas!

Reactions: 1 users
Lol is it bad im ecstatic to FINALLY being moved to "sub-committee" today after being complete 8/26? Not an II, but giving me hope since I haven't heard anything from 95% of schools I applied to. There's hope ya'll!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else been at "review complete...if you are granted an interview..." for almost 2 months? im getting antsy

Reactions: 6 users
pre-II rejection last night. not fazed even though vcu is my alma mater smh. good luck to everyone still appying!!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
pre-II rejection last night. not fazed even though vcu is my alma mater smh. good luck to everyone still appying!!
I'm sorry to hear that and wish the best for you this cycle. Do you mind sharing when you were complete and your last status on the page? ( subcommittee/ member of the committee)

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sorry to hear that and wish the best for you this cycle. Do you mind sharing when you were complete and your last status on the page? ( subcommittee/ member of the committee)

no problem, I was complete on 7/22 and I think I went from subcommittee to complete

Just went to subcommittee, IS, complete 8/13. It's a long ride from here

Congratulations! How long did it take them to send an interview invite after you received "Your file review is now complete. If you are granted an interview, you will receive a status update..." I received this yesterday.

Hi, when were you complete? still waiting on a status change and complete august 11th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well now I just got the "review is complete" update! That was quick lol hoping for an interview soon!

Got the A on 10/16:
MCAT: 512
Overall GPA: 3.74
BCPM GPA: 3.74
All Other GPA: 3.78
OOS

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone know how generous VCU is with merit scholarships?
They are a state institution. They are not considered "generous" with merit scholarships. I believe this question was address by a student either earlier in this thread or around waitlist time in the last thread. There is some scholarship money, but its not significant.

Moved into “File Review is now complete. If you are granted an interview, you will receive a status update on your applicant portal.” hope this is a good sign...

For those of you who got the "File Review is now complete...", how long did it take you to get your II invite? I been hearing if you do not get it within a week, its a silent R.

For those of you who got the "File Review is now complete...", how long did it take you to get your II invite? I been hearing if you do not get it within a week, its a silent R.
This is simply not true. It means you’ve reached the terminal review stage and have a score on your file. While that score may not reach the threshold for interview now it may very well reach that in the reaming FOUR MONTHS of interview season

just moved to "
Your File Review is now complete. If you are granted an interview, you will receive a status update on your applicant portal. Please do not call the Admissions Office requesting special dates.

just moved to "
Your File Review is now complete. If you are granted an interview, you will receive a status update on your applicant portal. Please do not call the Admissions Office requesting special dates.
When were you complete?

Talldoctor96. I appreciate your insights. Is this generally how most schools manage their applications?
Vcu is painfully transparent, no other School is this transparent (out of the 30 I applied to over 2 cycles). I know the inner workings of the school I currently attend and basically it’s similar. Your final gets a read by 1 or 2 people are u get a score. There’s an interview threshold score which may change as the cycle goes along. If ur above it when u get that score: interview. But they may change that threshold. Every school is different, and evens vcus transparency is not TOTAL. I think what I want people to take away from it is: it’s not over until it’s over. You’ve got your file score and interview season is 4 more months.

Reactions: 2 users
Vcu is painfully transparent, no other School is this transparent (out of the 30 I applied to over 2 cycles). I know the inner workings of the school I currently attend and basically it’s similar. Your final gets a read by 1 or 2 people are u get a score. There’s an interview threshold score which may change as the cycle goes along. If ur above it when u get that score: interview. But they may change that threshold. Every school is different, and evens vcus transparency is not TOTAL. I think what I want people to take away from it is: it’s not over until it’s over. You’ve got your file score and interview season is 4 more months.
is the score they give similar to the idea of WARS or LM?

Has anyone applied to their MD/PhD Program and been stuck on the page that says the interview will be sent depending on their CASPer score? I've gotten II from other schools that I sent my score to but I haven't heard anything. I saw someone say that they were stuck on that screen and then they got an II.

I was on a file is now complete a member of the committee to the sub committee will now do a review. I was done like mid august so im glad there is movement. Just wanted to update other people who were stuck in limbo like me
starting to think it was an automated queue. mad people in those date ranges all moved to sub committee at the same time.

I was on a file is now complete a member of the committee to the sub committee will now do a review. I was done like mid august so im glad there is movement. Just wanted to update other people who were stuck in limbo like me
+1, complete 8/31

starting to think it was an automated queue. mad people in those date ranges all moved to sub committee at the same time.
The change from member of the committee to subcommittee has no meaning. Dean mission has made clear in past years its just something the portal does automatically during the process and has 0 indication on anything tangible in the review process.

The change from member of the committee to subcommittee has no meaning. Dean mission has made clear in past years its just something the portal does automatically during the process and has 0 indication on anything tangible in the review process.
So does any portal change mean anything then?

The status doesn’t mean anything. I’ve been complete since the middle of July and my status is STILL:

“Your M.D. file is now complete. The admissions committee will now do a review of your application. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile.”

Sorry if this was asked before but does VCU accept updates, and if they do do you email admissions/dean?

Edit: I found the answer on their webpage the answer is no :)

Last edited:
Just realized I no longer have a "withdrawal" button under my "home" button in my secondary application. - or was one never there? I forget now. Anyhow, I believe there used to be one. Maybe it means a rejection to come or the page is bugged. lol

Wondering same thing. I don't see a place to upload one. I am pre-II though.

"ONLY at the request of the Admissions Committee. Otherwise, please DO NOT submit additional materials or updates. We believe that the AMCAS application you initially submitted is representative of your academic abilities and activities. Unsolicited materials will be discarded."

This is according to the website, so I answered my own question haha

Just realized I no longer have a "withdrawal" button under my "home" button in my secondary application. - or was one never there? I forget now. Anyhow, I believe there used to be one. Maybe it means a rejection to come or the page is bugged. lol
I still have a "Withdrawal" button so I'm assuming either yours is glitching or it means news (hopefully good) is coming your way!

Lol. It did mean I was about to get rejected. R just now. Complete august 13th. No status change prior. Gluck everyone else.

• Care
Reactions: 15 users
Complete 9/19, received II 9/29 for the fmSTAT -- posting now because I made my sdn account (fashionably?) late :cool: The earliest dates offered at the time were in December.

Last edited:
I realize I am committing the grand sin of double posting, but could anyone speak to the emails they received after being called for interview scheduling (fmSTAT specific)? I vaguely remember Dr. Gary mentioning an informational email being sent, but I may have hallucinated this in an incredible fit of excitement. I'm just mildly baffled, since my VCU portal says I have an AM MMI, but doesn't list a start time, or even mention the fmSTAT interview.

Since I have to submit "off-hours" for work, I just want to know if I need to request full days or half days. Gotta make the $$$ if I can ;)

I realize I am committing the grand sin of double posting, but could anyone speak to the emails they received after being called for interview scheduling (fmSTAT specific)? I vaguely remember Dr. Gary mentioning an informational email being sent, but I may have hallucinated this in an incredible fit of excitement. I'm just mildly baffled, since my VCU portal says I have an AM MMI, but doesn't list a start time, or even mention the fmSTAT interview.

Since I have to submit "off-hours" for work, I just want to know if I need to request full days or half days. Gotta make the $$$ if I can ;)

I received the II informational email with the links to the Zoom 5 days prior to the interview. The interview details are all on the VCU portal - AM interviews start at 9AM (need to be online at 8:30AM) and finish at ~10:30AM. The info session starts at 11AM and ends at ~12:30PM! So I would say taking a half-day off is fine? This is just for the general AM interview, not entirely sure about fmSTAT interviews

• Care
I received the II informational email with the links to the Zoom 5 days prior to the interview. The interview details are all on the VCU portal - AM interviews start at 9AM (need to be online at 8:30AM) and finish at ~10:30AM. The info session starts at 11AM and ends at ~12:30PM! So I would say taking a half-day off is fine?
Oh my god, thank you for the insanely fast reply! My portal has been super glitchy, and I only had a single paragraph saying I was invited to interview -- good to know it starts at 9 AM. Half day is it :cool:.

Thanks again!

Oh my god, thank you for the insanely fast reply! My portal has been super glitchy, and I only had a single paragraph saying I was invited to interview -- good to know it starts at 9 AM. Half day is it :cool:.

Thanks again!
no problem! the portal should update within a day or two with details :)

Wow y'all are killin it with the interviews... :D but my app portal still says 'MD file is now complete' ... :(

Reactions: 2 users