2020-2021 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow y'all are killin it with the interviews... :D but my app portal still says 'MD file is now complete' ... :(
Same

Members don't see this ad.

My portal finally moved to sub-committee! (Not that this necessarily means anything)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My portal finally moved to sub-committee! (Not that this necessarily means anything)

I wonder if we will ever know the difference between the two committees

I've been on sub-committee since mid july lol

I was on a file is now complete a member of the committee to the sub committee will now do a review. I was done like mid august so im glad there is movement. Just wanted to update other people who were stuck in limbo like me
+1. Complete around 8/20

I wonder if we will ever know the difference between the two committees

I've been on sub-committee since mid july lol

Perhaps we will never know. Maybe it's just to keep things fresh from the adcom perspective haha

Theres no difference. These two portal statuses have no meaning. It just means that you are being passed along the many different steps of review before reaching the terminal stage of file review where you will receive the message saying: your file review is complete we will reach out if you get an interview blah blah.

Just picture that your file is sorted into different piles the moment it comes in, is review by various people until finally reaching subcommittee of 3 or 4 people of the executive committee where you will get that file score.

TLDR: it means nothing substantive.

Reactions: 1 user
"Your File Review is now complete." Just received this status update.. let the wait and prayers continue

I'm still on sub-committee and I have been complete since July ...

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got moved to sub-committee and I was complete 9/2. I know it apparently means nothing but hey lol

It means movement which is still good news

Last year Rosalind Franklin admitted to not finishing review of some secondaries and just rejecting those students so any indication of your app being reviewed is good news lol

Last year Rosalind Franklin admitted to not finishing review of some secondaries and just rejecting those students so any indication of your app being reviewed is good news lol

Yeahhhhh I heard about that.... I'd be pissed lol

I'm still on sub-committee and I have been complete since July ...
I've largely given up on this school so I don't really care about this but admission mysteries do intrigue me, so does anyone else find it odd that these old people are still stuck at sub-committee? Did adcoms forget about them or do we think they were sorted into a "do later" pile?

I've largely given up on this school so I don't really care about this but admission mysteries do intrigue me, so does anyone else find it odd that these old people are still stuck at sub-committee? Did adcoms forget about them or do we think they were sorted into a "do later" pile?
I think they are behind on decisions on applicants they’ve deemed to fit their mission. I know someone who submitted less than a month ago with a 521 one who they rejected

i’ve been stuck on sub-committee for months lol

• Care
My status updated to "File Review Complete..." this afternoon, not that it means that much.

It's crazy how I'm still on "Member of the Subcommittee" and submitted my app like July 20ish

S/o VCU for whatever their order of checking apps is cuz it must be damn intense.

• Care

Wow that's really messed up. No consideration for the time and money these students invested.

Status changed to "Your file review is now complete".

Application was complete 9/5

Is the hold a good thing? Just received that update as well (also had my interview last week lol)

It means you weren't rejected right after your interview, so you're in the running for an acceptance.

does everyone that interview get the hold?
No, if you "fail" the interview (I think a score of 4 or 5, maybe?) you can be rejected immediately post-interview. Reporting bias is so significant on SDN though that I think I've rarely ever seen anyone report they were rejected post-II and not placed on hold.

^ This. I do know of a few people who got outright rejected post interview, but in actuality it is pretty rare. Perhaps slightly more common than SDN makes it seem, but still pretty rare. I'd suspect around 90% or so of interviewees are on hold for possible acceptance, but that is just a guess.

@rockersoccer do you know what the likelihood of acceptance is on subsequent (i.e., not first) offer dates from one's interview? I know the consensus sentiment here is that your best odds for acceptance is on your first offer date but am wondering if you've heard different based on stories of classmates.

@rockersoccer do you know what the likelihood of acceptance is on subsequent (i.e., not first) offer dates from one's interview? I know the consensus sentiment here is that your best odds for acceptance is on your first offer date but am wondering if you've heard different based on stories of classmates.
Your best shot is the first interview date. Your chances drop if not selected that first time. A handful get in when they are deferred. But it’s much less common than getting in the first time. Basically getting hold for A is a big pool, and after all 4 dates there’s a big group that needs to be shrunk to the waitlist. So some will be rejected and not make it to the waitlist.
TLDR: best shot first date, Handful get in subsequent dates, when WL is made the pool of hold for A remaining is shrunk. Some are rejected and the rest are put on alternate list.

I have been on 'your application review is complete' for almost a month now. I dont know what to make of it lol. Anyone else?

I have been on 'your application review is complete' for almost a month now. I dont know what to make of it lol. Anyone else?
ya, haven't seen IIs go out in a while. hoping we get some clarity with the next batch :)