2020-2021 Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Yeah I don't even care that I may end up getting an R in the end, I've been hit with a few pre-II R's this past month and really needed a mental boost.
If they gave you the II they obviously think you're a good enough candidate regardless of what you think of your stats. I got the A with nowhere near the stats 90% of these guys have so if you're just yourself you will be fine 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ACCEPTED!!! Interviewed this week, in shock because UVA this is at the top of my list.

I want to add that this was my 13th interview and I truly felt UVA has the most inclusive and collaborative environment I’ve seen throughout my interviews. Such a fantastic place!
 
super late to the party because i only just got a SDN account but i interviewed the week of 10/19/20 and was accepted that very same friday at 11am!! My older sister was also accepted the Friday after her interview at 11am back when she was applying a few years ago so i think that's the standard affair with UVA. They are seriously such homies for that LOL.

also i am OOS 🙂
 
super late to the party because i only just got a SDN account but i interviewed the week of 10/19/20 and was accepted that very same friday at 11am!! My older sister was also accepted the Friday after her interview at 11am back when she was applying a few years ago so i think that's the standard affair with UVA. They are seriously such homies for that LOL.

also i am OOS 🙂
Seriously after waiting for several months post-interview at other schools it feels amazing to have a school just get down to business, stop futzing around, and actually give me a straight answer. Especially since it was a yes!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II this morning! Complete 8/13, 518 MCAT, 3.88 cGPA, 3.80 sGPA, OOS. Interview dates were all early Feb

I have a question: I was working on a combined update/interest letter (2 new volunteering experiences), and I am not sure if I should still go ahead and upload it now that I actually got an II? I believe the interview is open-file, so maybe I should? Or are these experiences something that I can just bring up during the interview if it becomes relevant to the conversation? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you! And good luck to everyone - it is extremely difficult to keep waiting but apparently IIs are still going out, so don't lose hope!
 
II this morning! Complete 8/13, 518 MCAT, 3.88 cGPA, 3.80 sGPA, OOS. Interview dates were all early Feb

I have a question: I was working on a combined update/interest letter (2 new volunteering experiences), and I am not sure if I should still go ahead and upload it now that I actually got an II? I believe the interview is open-file, so maybe I should? Or are these experiences something that I can just bring up during the interview if it becomes relevant to the conversation? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you! And good luck to everyone - it is extremely difficult to keep waiting but apparently IIs are still going out, so don't lose hope!
I recommend that you mention it during the interview if it comes up or if they ask "anything else?" and to ask if they can add that to the file/make sure it's noted
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Super random but does anyone here feel that gpa beyond a certain value doesn’t matter as much, just bc it’s so easy to pad? Like taking the right classes, right major, right professor, playing it “safe” etc. And obviously depends on school, rigor of courses, major/s, minor/s, everything. Just been thinking about this for a while.