You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Wake Forest
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
benignradical
Full Member
I think it was mentioned in this thread that the school does rolling admissions, so they periodically go back to older applicants and look at them.any thoughts on what it means to have not heard back at all since mid sept secondary submission?
On the other hand, I happen to believe that there may be certain applications too weak (or with a red flag too big) that no matter how many times it's come back to, it will remain ignored; effectively a silent R. Starting to think that's me lol. Complete mid-August.
Last edited:
happycactus123
Full Member
I think I saw someone way back in this thread call to check up on the status of their application just for peace of mind. I am debating whether I should do the same thing. This is like my dream school and I would rather just know if it was a RI think it was mentioned in this thread that the school does rolling admissions, so they periodically go back to older applicants and look at them.
On the other hand, I happen to believe that there may be certain applications too weak (or with a red flag too big) that no matter how many times it's come back to, it will remain ignored; effectively a silent R. Starting to think that's me lol. Complete mid-August.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1040408
they do rolling Rs though, I thought?I think I saw someone way back in this thread call to check up on the status of their application just for peace of mind. I am debating whether I should do the same thing. This is like my dream school and I would rather just know if it was a R
happycactus123
Full Member
I’ve heard that they send all Rs at the end of the cyclethey do rolling Rs though, I thought?
D
deleted1040408
Check last year’s thread. They sent out Rs during Nov/Dec.I’ve heard that they send all Rs at the end of the cycle
Is the update tab broken for anyone else?
Hmm I’m able to post new updates under the checklist tab ...
Not yetHas anyone who did the info session in early November heard back yet?
I thought Wake usually has fast turnarounds?Not yet
They told us during our info session expect to hear back by mid DecemberI thought Wake usually has fast turnarounds?
Was your info session right at the beginning of November?They told us during our info session expect to hear back by mid December
I did wake info session Nov 12. The dean said to expect decisions in mid Dec but after he left the meeting, someone else in the meeting said that we may hear sooner than that, late Nov / early Dec, based on when the adcom is meeting for that round of applicants. So mid Nov people, I think we would hear back super soon!
I got invite 10/14 and scheduled for 11/12, which was the earliest date available. I would assume they will be granting IIs up until FebFor people who were invited recently to interview here, how far out were things being scheduled? Is Wake basically done sending IIs?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted! My information session was on 11/10!
I was also accepted just now! Info session on 11/10
Accepted! My information session was on 11/10!
irishtomed97
Full Member
Just got an A!!! Info Session 11/2!
Is there a Facebook group for accepted students ?Accepted! My information session was on 11/10!
Yes, Wake will send an email about it.Is there a Facebook group for accepted students ?
FriendlyFemur
New Member
Got the A! 507, 3.8, LM 80, URM. Info session 11/10
Congrats to all who got accepted! 🙂
itachisimp
Full Member
Anyone complete in October hear back yet? My secondary was complete August but I didn't realize my application would be 9incomplete without casper 😔
loosecriminal
Full Member
For me everything’s been completed since late august, nothingAnyone complete in October hear back yet? My secondary was complete August but I didn't realize my application would be 9incomplete without casper 😔
Does anyone know when they start notifying if we got the Deans scholarship?
Also nothing on my end. I was complete late September, URM, OOS with strong ties to the schoolFor me everything’s been completed since late august, nothing
Rejected, info session 11/12. congrats everyone who was accepted!
Man that's scary. sorry to hear that. Just curious if you felt any particular way about your VITA performance. I feel like mine was pretty terrible and my anxiety grows the closer I get to my information session.Rejected, info session 11/12. congrats everyone who was accepted!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FriendlyFemur
New Member
My vita was terrible. Had to end one of the questions significantly early. Got nervous and lost train of thought. They stressed in the info session that they weren't putting as much weight on the interview this year since its pre-recorded. IMan that's scary. sorry to hear that. Just curious if you felt any particular way about your VITA performance. I feel like mine was pretty terrible and my anxiety grows the closer I get to my information session.
I totally botched one of the responses, but think I did very well on the rest. I also feel like I wasn't a great fit for this school.Man that's scary. sorry to hear that. Just curious if you felt any particular way about your VITA performance. I feel like mine was pretty terrible and my anxiety grows the closer I get to my information session.
Heard a rumor that Wake would potentially review their waitlist in December (it also looks like they've accepted off the waitlist in December during previous cycles)... anybody heard anything in a recent info session about when they may start to look at the WL?
Nah, last cycle was the first time in 5+ years that they pulled people from the WL before May 30. They accepted people in February and April last year from the WL but not December.Heard a rumor that Wake would potentially review their waitlist in December (it also looks like they've accepted off the waitlist in December during previous cycles)... anybody heard anything in a recent info session about when they may start to look at the WL?
Thanks for being open and honest about the R. I know it stings but you're going to make a great doctor wherever you end up! This is Wake's lossRejected, info session 11/12. congrats everyone who was accepted!
They actually pulled people in December during the 2017-2018 cycle as well. Not sure it makes any difference, but worth mentioning.Nah, last cycle was the first time in 5+ years that they pulled people from the WL before May 30. They accepted people in February and April last year from the WL but not December.
Thanks for being open and honest about the R. I know it stings but you're going to make a great doctor wherever you end up! This is Wake's loss
ISOgoodjuju
Full Member
I think they said that this info comes out in MarchDoes anyone know when they start notifying if we got the Deans scholarship?
They didn't provide scholarship information for us until Mid-April iircI think they said that this info comes out in March
ISOgoodjuju
Full Member
Did anyone send a thank you email after the information session? I did not do this since it was not a normal interview and there were many people involved... but now I am second guessing, thinking maybe I should have.
Even at most schools that (normally) do one on one in person interviews, thank you letters don’t matter. I never sent a single thank you letter while applying and I got multiple acceptances last cycle, including to wake, so definitely don’t worry about it!Did anyone send a thank you email after the information session? I did not do this since it was not a normal interview and there were many people involved... but now I am second guessing, thinking maybe I should have.
For current students, does wake provide a white coat and a stethoscope for incoming students? Also, do students wear a specific scrub color for labs? 🙂 thank you!
Wake provides a white coat, but you need to purchase your own stethoscope. Regarding labs, people wear whatever color they want. Some don’t even wear scrubs at all, instead they wear other comfortable clothes that they don’t mind potentially getting dirty.For current students, does wake provide a white coat and a stethoscope for incoming students? Also, do students wear a specific scrub color for labs? 🙂 thank you!
magnoliamariposa
Full Member
There is an ice breaker activity at the beginning and then you can ask questions throughout the different presentations if you have any. Some people didn't speak at all after the intro.how often did people usually speak during the interview session?
Pre-II R just now. Complete 8/20, Update 10/19.
Pre-II R 20 minutes ago. OOS. Complete 10/9
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 complete 10/10Pre-II R 20 minutes ago. OOS. Complete 10/9
urobilinogen
Full Member
+1 complete within the first week of September. Good luck to everyone still in the running!Pre-II R 20 minutes ago. OOS. Complete 10/9
edit: wrong complete date.
Last edited:
+1 complete similar time+1 complete around the same time. Good luck to everyone still in the running!
Did they send you an email with the decision? Their portal isn't very informative so I was just wondering where it shows up. Sorry to hear about the R tho 😢 fingers crossed for you to hear some *good* news from somewhere else 🙂Pre-II R just now. Complete 8/20, Update 10/19.
astrocyte1999
Full Member
Radio silence since mid july for me