2020-2021 Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I do not know, however, we interview through March. Applicants can hear from us up until then.
Thank you for letting us know! Is it possible for applicants complete earlier (~July/August) in the cycle to hear news late in the cycle (~Feb/March)?

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you for letting us know! Is it possible for applicants complete earlier (~July/August) in the cycle to hear news late in the cycle (~Feb/March)?
Yes. Since we use a rolling admissions process, it is possible.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the info session has any bearing on the admissions decision?

Does anyone know if the info session has any bearing on the admissions decision?
I don’t imagine so. It’s mostly VITA and your primary/secondary. During the info session it was mentioned that the VITA wouldn’t weigh as much as a typical MMI in person interview would. Your written portion of the application is going to weigh more and the interview (VITA) will weigh less from what I understood. The info session is more for you to get to know the school and meet some of the deans and students.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Just received an II! Was complete on 9/23!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
pls forgive me for a potentially stupid question/one that no one really knows the answer to but in general, if we don't receive any communication from a school while others who have been complete the same time are getting IIs/updates, should we assume Rs are on their way? still no IIs but one rejection so far and i'm frazzled and paranoid lol

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone who got II today! If you don't mind sharing, when you scheduled your info session, how far out were the dates?

pls forgive me for a potentially stupid question/one that no one really knows the answer to but in general, if we don't receive any communication from a school while others who have been complete the same time are getting IIs/updates, should we assume Rs are on their way? still no IIs but one rejection so far and i'm frazzled and paranoid lol

Short answer: nope!

Long answer: No, not all schools review according to complete date (though there is no transparency which ones these are). You could simply be in a different pile and they're making their way towards you. I wouldn't start worrying about silent Rs or future Rs until March or April if you hadn't heard anything by then.

N=1, but I was complete mid- August to late Sept, and have only heard back from 2 schools (both Rs). Hang in there, you got this! :) This is a LONG process and we still have a ways to go!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Short answer: nope!

Long answer: No, not all schools review according to complete date (though there is no transparency which ones these are). You could simply be a different pile and they're making their way towards you. I wouldn't start worrying about silent Rs or future Rs until March or April if you hadn't heard anything by then.

N=1, but I was complete mid- August to late Sept, and have only heard back from 2 schools (both Rs). Hang in there, you got this! :) This is a LONG process and we still have a ways to go!

you just eased so many of my worries through that one message haha thank you so much for that response, I really appreciate it!! good luck with the process, hoping for some IIs soon for us both :)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
II received now! Super stoked! Complete 7/29

To those who have gotten an II before, do we need to fill out any forms or do anything else besides selecting our virtual interview session and doing the VITA?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II last night!! Complete 10/26 OOS

Reactions: 5 users
Does anybody know if Wake Forest begins reviewing your file for acceptance once they receive your VITA responses, or after your information session?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody know if Wake Forest begins reviewing your file for acceptance once they receive your VITA responses, or after your information session?

It is required to complete both the AAMC VITA and virtual session prior to your application being reviewed by the committee.

Does anyone know if there is an accepted students Facebook page?

Does anyone know if there is an accepted students Facebook page?
Hi! There is! I believe you will receive an email sometime after getting accepted, that will provide you a link if it is still the same as last year

• Love
For the info session, is there any expectation for us to talk about ourselves or sell our app like in a traditional interview? Or is it truly just to ask the school questions?
At the beginning, the Dean will do sort of an ice breaker just to let everyone talk. I thought it was very unique and thoughtful. Very relaxed and no need to worry about the info session. Nothing to sell yourself about, it’s just to ask questions and meet some of the faculty and students.

At the beginning, the Dean will do sort of an ice breaker just to let everyone talk. I thought it was very unique and thoughtful. Very relaxed and no need to worry about the info session. Nothing to sell yourself about, it’s just to ask questions and meet some of the faculty and students.
So most of the weight is on the VITA? Or even the primary/secondary application I guess?

So most of the weight is on the VITA? Or even the primary/secondary application I guess?
Yep at least from what I understood. I posted some time ago above about the Dean saying that the vita won’t count as equally as a traditional in person MMI would (since it’s not a live interview and not as engaging or interactive as a live interview) and he said they would place a little more emphasis on the primary/secondary app this cycle. I hope I’m making sense.

Yep at least from what I understood. I posted some time ago above about the Dean saying that the vita won’t count as equally as a traditional in person MMI would (since it’s not a live interview and not as engaging or interactive as a live interview) and he said they would place a little more emphasis on the primary/secondary app this cycle. I hope I’m making sense.
No worries I get what you’re saying. Super interesting because I’m not sure if this is going to help or hurt my chances haha

Okay, this may be a potentially dumb question, but you have to wait for a school to invite you to do the Vita before you can do it, right? Have not received an II at Wake (or any Vita schools) and am trying to make I'm not missing anything haha!

Okay, this may be a potentially dumb question, but you have to wait for a school to invite you to do the Vita before you can do it, right? Have not received an II at Wake (or any Vita schools) and am trying to make I'm not missing anything haha!
Yes, this is correct.

I'm not sure if this has been asked but did anyone send thank you notes after their information session? If so... who did you address it to?

I'm not sure if this has been asked but did anyone send thank you notes after their information session? If so... who did you address it to?
I didn’t, but I’m sure you can send one to the general admissions email if you want.

Is Wake receptive to application updates? I know there's a place to upload additional documents on the portal.

Any advice for the info session? Not sure what to expect here haha

Don't stress about it! You're in a group setting the whole time and there are no 1 on 1 interviews. I had a great experience at my group session. It's just a place for you to ask any questions!

Don't stress about it! You're in a group setting the whole time and there are no 1 on 1 interviews. I had a great experience at my group session. It's just a place for you to ask any questions!
Awesome thank you so much! I look Wake's new medical center and I want to go so bad haha, hopefully I can tour it at least

congrats! Stats?
Thanks! My GPA was 3.95 but my MCAT was 507 haha

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
All I know is that I’m going to be a med student in a breakout room with 2-4 of you in the next few weeks. It’s a 30 minute session where you can ask questions about literally anything and I think it’s your last session of the day (430-5pm) so feel free to change into something more comfy than a suit if you’re wearing one. Let me know if you have any burning questions

My information session was on 10/15 and I was accepted on 10/30 :)
What a fast turn around time!

Is it always like this? My info session is the first week of December, so I am not sure if I will hear back that fast with the holidays coming up.
@TheDataKing

Last edited:
What a fast turn around time!

Is it always like this? My info session is the first week of December, so I am not sure if I will hear back that fast with the holidays coming up.
Looking at last years thread, people in early December were getting accepted days later (someone got accepted 2 days after their interview). Given they have the VITA before the information session, I don't think it should take too long.

Looking at last years thread, people in early December were getting accepted days later (someone got accepted 2 days after their interview). Given they have the VITA before the information session, I don't think it should take too long.
Super cool! Thanks!