2020-2021 Washington State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else get an email update that encourages your to watch a webinar on their website?
Yes and I don’t think I’ve ever been so excited as when seeing the sender and immediately so disappointed when reading the subject line

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Haha. Same! I got so excited and opened the email only to find that it was not.. haha

Yes, I got super excited as well when I saw who the sender was because I thought the waiting agony was finally over whether it was a rejection or an II. However... the first line is a bit misleading. lol I for sure thought it was a rejection.

What a roller coaster ride all in a span of 20 seconds. lol

On second thought... Could this actually be a hold e-mail????!!!!!!! o_O

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes and I don’t think I’ve ever been so excited as when seeing the sender and immediately so disappointed when reading the subject line
Literally had a mini heart attack. Should have had the subject different...

has anyone had their interview yet? how did it go?
Had mine last week and it was very casual! Each interview is only 10 mins so it goes by really fast. They also had informative presentations throughout the day.

Reactions: 1 user
Had mine last week and it was very casual! Each interview is only 10 mins so it goes by really fast. They also had informative presentations throughout the day.

thank you! how do you suggest I prepare for the interview?

thank you! how do you suggest I prepare for the interview?
I just reread my application and made sure to know everything inside-out! They genuinely want to get to know you so don't stress out too much :)

complete 08/12 and received II 09/09!
IS/ORM/LM75

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a secondary this week. OOS but meet all four criteria. I know it’s a long shot but gonna try.

II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T BELEIVE IT

Complete 9/9

II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T BELEIVE IT

Complete 9/9

CONGRATS! knew it was coming for you, soon. Their interview is very laid back. Lots of time to just chat and hang out with other applicants, too!

• Love
CONGRATS! knew it was coming for you, soon. Their interview is very laid back. Lots of time to just chat and hang out with other applicants, too!

Thank you!! I am so excited. I've wanted to go here since I heard they were opening as an undergrad.

Thank you!! I am so excited. I've wanted to go here since I heard they were opening as an undergrad.
Same bro! I got my interview coming up on the 19th of next month. I will let you guys know how it goes. So far what I heard is that the interview is very laid back.

Last edited:
  • Love
Same bro! I got my interview coming up on the 19th of next month. I will let you guys know how it goes. So far from what I heard it is very laid back.

You got this!!!

P.S. Does anyone know why my signature disappeared lol

Has anyone from previous cycles comment on how likely it is to get an interview if you were complete back in July

Are there any other reapplicants who interviewed here last year and are waiting to hear back? I interviewed and was waitlisted last cycle but haven’t hear anything from them yet this cycle :/ Complete 8/26.

Are there any other reapplicants who interviewed here last year and are waiting to hear back? I interviewed and was waitlisted last cycle but haven’t hear anything from them yet this cycle :/ Complete 8/26.
If you want some motivation, check this story out. It is a story covered by the AAMC about a woman that was waitlisted at WSU but then reapplied later. Good luck.

I checked my portal today and saw that my application was under review. I don't recall seeing this a few weeks ago and was wondering if those who got an II saw this as well.

I checked my portal today and saw that my application was under review. I don't recall seeing this a few weeks ago and was wondering if those who got an II saw this as well.

I was “under review” in August and still haven’t heard anything lmao don’t read into it too much. Patience is the name of the game

Has anyone heard about an A from ESFCOM, yet?! I think I was in the first interview group and I remember them saying it wouldn't be until November until they sent out decisions but that is also what I heard from another school and they've already started sending out As.

Has anyone heard about an A from ESFCOM, yet?! I think I was in the first interview group and I remember them saying it wouldn't be until November until they sent out decisions but that is also what I heard from another school and they've already started sending out As.
I remember them saying the same thing and I haven't heard back yet either!

After some digging in past threads, I found that they tend to release half of their acceptances in the first half of the cycle and the second half of their acceptance in the latter half (after January). Looks like some of us may be in for a long road ahead! Also, I found this:

Attachments

• flipfone.png
    flipfone.png
    117.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
After some digging in past threads, I found that they tend to release half of their acceptances in the first half of the cycle and the second half of their acceptance in the latter half (after January). Looks like some of us may be in for a long road ahead! Also, I found this:

I did more digging:
Last year, first interviews were 8/26. I believe this year was 9/14. First A was on 10/22.
In the interview, they shared their admission process. Part of which is developing a ranked list of the candidates. They may closer to mid-November for the first round of A's. And again...there may be a massive gap between waves of A's, too.

I did more digging:
Last year, first interviews were 8/26. I believe this year was 9/14. First A was on 10/22.
In the interview, they shared their admission process. Part of which is developing a ranked list of the candidates. They may closer to mid-November for the first round of A's. And again...there may be a massive gap between waves of A's, too.
My group was told the first decisions likely won't be released until December!

I did more digging:
My group was told the first decisions likely won't be released until December!

Guys and gals buckle up we're gonna be waiting awhile :banana:

is there anyone else's app still under review? Just curious. Been waiting since august...no rejection either...Does WSU send rejection early in the cycle?

is there anyone else's app still under review? Just curious. Been waiting since august...no rejection either...Does WSU send rejection early in the cycle?
Yep! I was complete 7/19, and have heard nothing except for their webinar email! Starting to get hard to remain hopeful. What a process!

II just now! I'm not crying, you're crying! OOS, but meet all four criteria. Earliest interview is December. Just got two rejections this morning so this makes me so happy. Hang in there folks! It's not over yet.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
My first II!! Complete 9/23. Feeling so glad since I applied late-ish

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
So excited for all of you!! I hope some of us get to be classmates!

For those with II, did you guys participate in the mock interview offered by WSU's med students? If so, how was it and did you feel that it was helpful?

For those with II, did you guys participate in the mock interview offered by WSU's med students? If so, how was it and did you feel that it was helpful?
I did! WSU was my first interview so I found it help for getting use to just interviews in general. It was very casual and conversational, which is how the actual interview day was. The MMI I got wasn’t super helpful for VITA, but I’m sure it would have been super helpful for their normal structure. I think if you have done other prep/mock interviews/actual interviews it’s not super needed, but if you feel like you need/want more practice it would be beneficial. The interviewer did provide feedback that I found useful.

I also did the mock interview. I treated it like a real interview but that I could get feedback from. I recommend it if you have the time!

Has anyone gotten any updates recently? it has been radio silent since the resource page update....

Reactions: 4 users
R received today. IS and LM 74 (stats aren’t a factor for this school after secondary application received). No surprise though since I only had about 100 hours each for clinical and nonclinical volunteering and no paid clinical

• Care
R received today. IS and LM 74 (stats aren’t a factor for this school after secondary application received). No surprise though since I only had about 100 hours each for clinical and nonclinical volunteering and no paid clinical

sorry to hear that. Best of luck on the rest of your cycle!

Sorry to hear that man. There are dozen other that will most likely look into with some taking you in. Did you end up interviewing with WSU or was this after secondary?

Sorry to hear that man. There are dozen other that will most likely look into with some taking you in. Did you end up interviewing with WSU or was this after secondary?
Pre interview. And yes thank you I’ve actually been accepted to another school that I’m really happy about

I am still waiting on a secondary invite. But I have not received a R. What does that mean? anyone else not receive it yet