2020-2021 Washington State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So nervous to interview next week! To those who had their live interview, were there any ethics/MMI type questions?

Holy cripe we have an interview next week. When is it permissible to start freaking out and get nauseous? Because it’s starting.

Also, OP, scroll back a few pages, there was discussion about interview experiences.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Also got the post II call. Meeting with the dean and the admissions team tomorrow. I hope it’s some good news because this is my top choice! This school for sure has one of the best “vibes” out there. I feel like admissions and the school as a whole really cares about you compared to some other ones

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone had their calls yet? I am so anxious and unproductive at work, lol :rofl:

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone had their calls yet? I am so anxious and unproductive at work, lol :rofl:
havent had mine yet either! im also anxious. ive been checking back here to see if anyone had their call yet too lol!

• Care
Nope haven’t had mine yet, and have also been doing the same 🤣🤣 I even went to the gym to forget about it for an hour

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Just had my call. The call is definitely good news. :))))))))))))

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Just had my zoom call. Started off with the dean (nice guy btw!) asking me questions about medicine, which I found funny.
Then congratulated on acceptance and sent an email right away on how to accept.
🌭🌭🌭

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
So excited. A!!!!! Hopefully we'll be future classmates 🥰

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
WE IN BOYS OR GIRLS!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to everyone who had their call!! That's so exciting!

Is this it for acceptances this calendar year? Do you know of they will notify us when they are done accepting for 2020? I just want to be able to stop thinking about it for a few weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who had their call!! That's so exciting!

Is this it for acceptances this calendar year? Do you know of they will notify us when they are done accepting for 2020? I just want to be able to stop thinking about it for a few weeks.
I was told that they are releasing decisions once a month until March, so I’m guessing that the next wave of acceptances is going out in January

I was told that they are releasing decisions once a month until March, so I’m guessing that the next wave of acceptances is going out in January
Huh. I thought they only sent it out twice: once in December, once in March. Their website doesnt say anything about it, thay I could find. Just that rejections are rolling.

Huh. I thought they only sent it out twice: once in December, once in March. Their website doesnt say anything about it, thay I could find. Just that rejections are rolling.
During my interview they said they are sending out decisions once a month until the class is full in March

Edit: Just got an email that they will be doing one more round of offers this month, then each month until March

Last edited by a moderator:
ahh I interviewed 9/21 and still haven’t heard anything...does anyone know if they’re making decisions purely on a chronological basis?

Last edited:
ahh I interviewed 9/21 and still haven’t heard anything...does anyone know if they’re making decisions purely on a chronological basis?
My understanding is that they rank us as interview days happen so it would not be purely on a chronological basis

• Care
During my interview they said they are sending out decisions once a month until the class is full in March

Edit: Just got an email that they will be doing one more round of offers this month, then each month until March

Here’s hoping those of us interviewing on Monday will get an A as a Christmas present.

• Love
Anyone else still holding out hope of getting an interview come January? I'm a lifelong Husky fan but WSU is my top choice - willing to become a Coug fan if they give me an interview lol. Complete mid-August.

Complete since September. I think they might not be offering anymore IIs until January? At least that’s what I’m believing to make myself feel better 🤣

my friend ended up getting an acceptance (via zoom call). He has a cute kitty. Hope ya'll figure out who he is come August

Tomorrow's the big day! Any last minute tips or tricks?

Like how much have you guys been Venmo'ing your interviewers? Is $10k too much? Sorry, Lori Laughlin hasn't been getting back to me (I hope she's ok).

• Haha
Tomorrow's the big day! Any last minute tips or tricks?

Like how much have you guys been Venmo'ing your interviewers? Is $10k too much? Sorry, Lori Laughlin hasn't been getting back to me (I hope she's ok).

It’s super chill. I wasn’t thrown any huge curveballs. Just be yourself and enjoy the day :)

Bye bye dreams of becoming a doctor. Bombed VITA #sendhelp.

• Care
For those who were accepted, did you get a phone call or email to schedule your call with the Dean?

They're going to watch it and think..."What's wrong with her??" Which is actually kinda funny, but painful at the same time.

I’m just going to develop the very first sourdough starter farm.

I’m sure I was just as incoherent and crazy on my interview. So maybe they’ll at least see I’m consistent. 😃

@drr0zz0r @MotherofDragonflies I felt the exact same after I finished VITA. I was certain I bombed. Then I got accepted to a school that ONLY uses VITA as their ENTIRE interview. ESFCOM has been pretty clear that VITA is a piece to the puzzle and that it's really how all of the pieces fit together that determine your acceptance. I can't tell you to not stress about it — it's normal to worry, I can say I) that you likely did better than you think, II) this is new and awkward for EVERYONE (maybe with the exclusion of YouTuber people), and III) they already like the rest of your applications, it's why they invited you to interview.

• Care
That was a long interview day, but honestly, I was pretty impressed...where I think if accepted to both I'll choose WSU or UW. I enjoyed talking to all of you guys on Monday and I'm glad they more or less forced us to chat. Definitely hoping to get that call in January and that you guys do too!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got a call to schedule a meeting with the Dean next week! Didn’t everyone who got that call last time get accepted? Don’t want to start celebrating too early 😅

Just got a call to meet with the dean on Monday! I don’t think my heart rate has ever been that high...

Congrats to all of you!!!! So excited to meet some of you someday :love:

Ahh dang I was hoping they hadn’t gotten to nov 9th yet lol. Congrats to you all and I’ll hope for good news in the coming months :D