2020-2021 Washington State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am still waiting on a secondary invite. But I have not received a R. What does that mean? anyone else not receive it yet

are all of your letters of rec sent in?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes everything is in and completed. I finished my primary late though so maybe thats why. 9/27 and was finalized 10/7 by amcas.

do you meet the 3/4 “of Washington” requirements? It took me a little while to get a secondary but i had to verify my residency. I would just call or email them! They are super great about answering questions and usually reply promptly

Members don't see this ad :)
do you meet the 3/4 “of Washington” requirements? It took me a little while to get a secondary but i had to verify my residency. I would just call or email them! They are super great about answering questions and usually reply promptly
I do meet 3/4 of the Washington requirements. okay I will email them. Thank you!!

I did! WSU was my first interview so I found it help for getting use to just interviews in general. It was very casual and conversational, which is how the actual interview day was. The MMI I got wasn’t super helpful for VITA, but I’m sure it would have been super helpful for their normal structure. I think if you have done other prep/mock interviews/actual interviews it’s not super needed, but if you feel like you need/want more practice it would be beneficial. The interviewer did provide feedback that I found useful.
Hi JAFFA5, do you know if the interviews were "closed file" in regards to our applications not being available during the interview. And was there very little overlap in questions between the two interviews? I'm trying to figure out if it really is like two relatively short traditional interviews. Thank you!

Hi JAFFA5, do you know if the interviews were "closed file" in regards to our applications not being available during the interview. And was there very little overlap in questions between the two interviews? I'm trying to figure out if it really is like two relatively short traditional interviews. Thank you!
Hey! So we signed a NDA so I won't go into specifics, but the interviews appeared to be closed filed. The questions in each interview were different. Overall, they did feel like two relatively short traditional interviews. In my opinion they were very laid back and conversational. Good luck on your interview!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard anything? Or heard a more specific time frame that they'll begin sending decisions? I am trying to be patient but good Lord it's hard to wait so long.

Has anyone heard anything? Or heard a more specific time frame that they'll begin sending decisions? I am trying to be patient but good Lord it's hard to wait so long.
Never heard a thing since the resource page update...

Reactions: 4 users
Just had my interview day and oh man I'm so stoked for this school! Just FYI to everyone who has already interviewed: they said they plan to have their first round of acceptances in December and plan to offer acceptances each month until they make the waitlist in March!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just had my interview day and oh man I'm so stoked for this school! Just FYI to everyone who has already interviewed: they said they plan to have their first round of acceptances in December and plan to offer acceptances each month until they make the waitlist in March!

did they say anything till when they will send out interview invites?

Reactions: 1 user
Submitted secondary on 8/31 but haven't heard anything after that :( anyone know if there's actually still a chance of getting an II after that long?

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
You are not alone!

I have not heard from them ever since I turned in my secondary application...=(

Members don't see this ad :)
When they go a full month without sending an II(last time was Oct 22nd?)
It really does seem like they’re taking time to compensate for the COVID delays which is nice?

On another note, how are the people waiting doing? It’s almost December and beginning of the decisions :)

When they go a full month without sending an II(last time was Oct 22nd?)
It really does seem like they’re taking time to compensate for the COVID delays which is nice?

On another note, how are the people waiting doing? It’s almost December and beginning of the decisions :)

I’m so anxious hahaha. I’m really hoping for good news next month!!

Submitted secondary on 8/31 but haven't heard anything after that :( anyone know if there's actually still a chance of getting an II after that long?
I am on the exact same boat as you. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!

• Care
2ndary completed 10/12
interview invite 11/10
date of interview jan 15
they also offered me one day one week later

Reactions: 1 users
I was complete around the same time. What are your stats?
non traditional,
somewhere around 75-80th percentile on most stuff. not very impressive stat wise.
BA BS pharmD worked in cancer and now manager of an independent pharmacy. posting from work lol

just got an email from them saying they have 90-113 interview spots left

Anyone else get a call from them today? About scheduling a meeting with the Dean?
(edit: I am feeling really hopeful but they did not say what the call would be about!)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Anyone else get a call from them today? About scheduling a meeting with the Dean?
(edit: I am feeling really hopeful but they did not say what the call would be about!)

*anxiety intensifies*

my guess is an academic excellence award. they took me in a separate room after I interviewed at WSU pharm and put the cheddar on the table in a red binder. it was like 1500-3000$. If youre highly ranked I would expect something like that.

• Wow

my friend just got a call from them to schedule a meeting with the dean and some panelists for Tuesday? Is this an acceptance? He called me freaking out so I told him I would ask SDN

my friend just got a call from them to schedule a meeting with the dean and some panelists for Tuesday? Is this an acceptance? He called me freaking out so I told him I would ask SDN
His guess is as good as mine. I think it probably is because one of my friends who was accepted last year said the Dean likes to be the one to congratulate people when they're accepted... but who knows. I am trying to not get my hopes up just in case. When is his scheduled for Tuesday? Mine is afternoon.

His guess is as good as mine. I think it probably is because one of my friends who was accepted last year said the Dean likes to be the one to congratulate people when they're accepted... but who knows. I am trying to not get my hopes up just in case. When is his scheduled for Tuesday? Mine is afternoon.

Afternoon as well. I guess they told my friend he would hear back in December, but this sounds like an acceptance

• Care
I got a call as well, got sent to voicemail cause I was working. Called back and scheduled for this Tuesday to meet with dean.

I got the call today afternoon as well!

Hi everyone! This year and cycles been quite stressful and I’d love to help make the cycle a bit less stressful. If you need additional help for your interviews please reach out and I’m happy to help!

hmmm I dont have a phone so I guess I cant get into this school.... lol

• Haha
So do stats only really come into play for the acceptance?
Stats are only to meet the criteria for a secondary. After that they are blinded from then on, for application review, interview, and acceptance.

any tips for preparing for the interview? mine is next monday!

Yes it is, which I’m not sure if I have to dress up. Watch me show up in a hoodie , nah I’ll at least put on a nice shirt.
I actually asked about whether I should wear interview attire on the phone and they said no. I'll probably just put on a nice sweater or something!

I actually asked about whether I should wear interview attire on the phone and they said no. I'll probably just put on a nice sweater or something!
I am going to wear a sweater as well! Hopefully we get good news!

During my interview, my interviewer made a comment that it seemed I was looking away from the camera and that it "could be construed I was reading from a prepared document." I, obviously, was not and my eyes must have just been flickering between the webcam and the screen with their image on it. I haven't thought too much about it as I explained this during my interview, but its been nagging me for the last week or so. Do you guys think this is a big deal, should I not worry about it, should I reach out to admissions about it? :dead:

I just received a call to schedule a Zoom meeting with the Dean and some panelists too. They told me this is the "post-interview check-in". Not sure what it means but I hope it's a good sign!!!

During my interview, my interviewer made a comment that it seemed I was looking away from the camera and that it "could be construed I was reading from a prepared document." I, obviously, was not and my eyes must have just been flickering between the webcam and the screen with their image on it. I haven't thought too much about it as I explained this during my interview, but its been nagging me for the last week or so. Do you guys think this is a big deal, should I not worry about it, should I reach out to admissions about it? :dead:

I think it's reasonable to feel worried about it, but since you already explained this to them during the interview, I'm not sure how much of a different it would make to email them about this. I wouldn't worry too much, especially because this year is the first time we are doing interviews virtually and we are not used to keeping eye contact with the camera vs the screen. Despite the eye contact, I'm sure that you did great, I'm rooting for you! :)

• Care
I think it's reasonable to feel worried about it, but since you already explained this to them during the interview, I'm not sure how much of a different it would make to email them about this. I wouldn't worry too much, especially because this year is the first time we are doing interviews virtually and we are not used to keeping eye contact with the camera vs the screen. Despite the eye contact, I'm sure that you did great, I'm rooting for you! :)
Yeah that's how I've been thinking but it's hard not to perseverate over it as time goes on hahaha. Thank you!!! Hope you get good news from the Dean!!!

So nervous to interview next week! To those who had their live interview, were there any ethics/MMI type questions?