2020-2021 Washington State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone send thank you emails? I just realized I forgot.
When did you interview? I sent a thank you email 6 days after my interview and I think things worked out just fine

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree. I think sending thank you emails within the week is fine.

Αlso, I think it's best to send regardless, but FWIW, during my interview, they said that sending thank you letters (or not) has no impact on the admissions decision.

I agree. I think sending thank you emails within the week is fine.

Αlso, I think it's best to send regardless, but FWIW, during my interview, they said that sending thank you letters (or not) has no impact on the admissions decision.

Okay. Got three out. I didn't get the names of the two people who interviewed me directly though. I think I know one of them, but the other I didn't recognize.

Maybe I'm just being neurotic. Oh man, the other threads are rubbing off on me! Time to go back to the Toledo thread where we talk about cheese. Cheese is life...

Just got a call to schedule a meeting with the Dean next week! Didn’t everyone who got that call last time get accepted? Don’t want to start celebrating too early 😅
Congrats everyone!! Around what time did everyone get their call? Who calls you?

Congrats everyone!! Around what time did everyone get their call? Who calls you?
I got a call from a staff member in the office of admissions (509 area code), just before 6:30 PM PST.

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected post interview just now. Congrats on all accepted and best of luck to everyone else waiting to hear back. This has been my dream school since I heard they were opening, tough one :blackeye:

• Care
Reactions: 14 users
Rejected post interview just now. Congrats on all accepted and best of luck to everyone else waiting to hear back. This has been my dream school since I heard they were opening, tough one :blackeye:
I am sorry to hear this :( did you get an email?

Nooooooooo.......sorry to hear about this!! Keep your head up...you've still got good things on the horizon!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today!
+1, pretty sure dean call does always mean A. Would be quite sad if not lol.

WSU had the first class enter in 2017, so that means we can expect to see their match list sometime after March, right? Excited to see

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if there will be more II coming out? Just curious...it has been radio silent since I submitted my secondary in August(except resource update emails)..=(

Reactions: 3 users
Holy crap!! I was in the first of the applications and I just got an interview! In state obviously. Beyond stoked.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Congrats man! Same here, I just got the II. I thought I botched the 2ndary since I haven't heard back from them, yet I've long since heard back from UW and OOS schools that I applied to after WSU. That's just how it goes. Any advice in how to prepare for the VITA and what questions they ask (other than the practice VITA which I will look into this week).

• Love
  • Care
Congrats man! Same here, I just got the II. I thought I botched the 2ndary since I haven't heard back from them, yet I've long since heard back from UW and OOS schools that I applied to after WSU. That's just how it goes. Any advice in how to prepare for the VITA and what questions they ask (other than the practice VITA which I will look into this week).
Congrats! The practice VITA is quite similar to the actual, so I would focus on that! What I found helpful was having a few examples for each of the core competencies on AAMC, and this helped me fumble less during VITA.

Any advice for VITA and interview day? Much appreciated :)

Am I the only one who keeps going and checking their portal knowing full well there won't be any post-interview change yet? I just like seeing that I had an interview. :)

I looked through last years thread and it seems WSU isn't operating on a much different timeline. There were comments within last years thread about the December interviews hearing back at the end of January. It matched up with the previous year. So perhaps they are on a similar timeline still?

Here's hoping to a very happy New Year for all of us!

Hi! Can anyone comment on the online interview? I am going to complete my VITA next week and then am interviewing a couple weeks later. I'm interested on the two 10 minute interviews as I read that they will not be ethics based.

Can anyone comment on the two 10 minute interviews? I read that they will not be ethics based and I'm wondering what to expect.

Had mine last week and it was very casual! Each interview is only 10 mins so it goes by really fast. They also had informative presentations throughout the day.
What was the content of the 10 minute interviews? I read they aren't doing ethics. I appreciate any advice :)

Just got the email about them not having many interview spots left. Feels like it’s over now for those of us without a II still 😭

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Email had been said today at 16:09 basically saying they had 771 applicants with complete applications who were reviewed(12% increase from last year) and thus 1,542 independent reviews. IIs were decided by mission fit and before holidays was when they sent their last large waves of IIs when the screening process had concluded. Thus they only have a handful more interview invites to give and a formal rejection will be given closer to Feb 22nd. If you haven’t gotten anything yet, you are advised to work towards reapplication and you can request an application review with them once the formal rejections are sent.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
From reading past threads and this one it seems that if I interviewed back in September and haven't heard back, except for the SUC email in Dec, I shouldn't expect to know until March, correct?

From reading past threads and this one it seems that if I interviewed back in September and haven't heard back, except for the SUC email in Dec, I shouldn't expect to know until March, correct?
From my understanding of WSU II process, they’re doing once a month waves of A’s until they fill out their class (so some will hear back in Jan and some in Feb)
But if it helps your anxiety/neuroticism to not expect anything till March, then let’s go with that :)

Whoa just got an II this morning! Any advice from those who already interviewed?

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Whoa just got an II this morning! Any advice from those who already interviewed?
Just be yourself! It's a really chill interview. My biggest advice would be to be really intentional about looking into your webcam and not your screen. My interview made a very negative comment about me looking off screen during my interview which I thought overall went well and I was eventually rejected!

The whole day is very laid back and relaxed and I wouldn't worry. Know WSU's mission and how you'd fit into that

Reactions: 2 users
Just be yourself! It's a really chill interview. My biggest advice would be to be really intentional about looking into your webcam and not your screen. My interview made a very negative comment about me looking off screen during my interview which I thought overall went well and I was eventually rejected!

The whole day is very laid back and relaxed and I wouldn't worry. Know WSU's mission and how you'd fit into that
Thanks for the advice! My eyes flutter around a lot when Im nervous so I’ll be sure to be aware of that!

Got the meet with the Dean call

it means nothing. I’m not shaking you’re shaking. It’s just so they can laugh in your face to reject you right? Yeah. Don’t get too excited.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Got the call and scheduled w/ the dean, interviewed 12/4 😁. I already told the parents so it would be real awkward if it wasn't an acceptance lol

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Got the call and scheduled w/ the dean, interviewed 12/4 😁. I already told the parents so it would be real awkward if it wasn't an acceptance lol
Congratulations!!! Definitely an acceptance, haha! What day are you meeting the Dean?!

How many of you wrote thank you emails after your interview? And when you did who did you send them to? I don't know my two interviewers names.

Here is a summary of everyone's posted timelines in this thread
Rejects
interview date------------email
11/9-----------12/14------------35 days (5 weeks)

Acceptances
interview date------------dean call---------Zoom meeting w/ dean+panel--------- days/weeks from interview to call
??/??------------11/24------------01/01
??/??------------11/25------------01/01
09/14------------11/25------------01/01------------41 days (5.9 weeks)
10/05------------12/11------------??/??*------------37 days (5.3 weeks)
10/09------------12/01------------??/??------------53 days (7.6 weeks)
10/19------------11/30------------??/??*------------42 days (6 weeks)
11/09------------12/11------------12/14------------32 days (4.6 weeks)
11/09------------12/11------------??/??*------------32 days (4.6 weeks)
??/??------------12/14------------??/??*
12/07------------1/14------------??/??------------38 days (5.4 weeks)
12/04------------1/14------------01/19*------------41 days (5.9 weeks)
1/22------------2/12------------2/16------------21 days (3.0 weeks)
2/08------------3/05------------??/??------------26 days (3.6 weels)
2/22------------3/05------------??/??------------11 days (1.6 weeks)

Ghosted
09/21------------??/??
10/19------------??/??

edit: updated these dates, must have not been paying attention and got some wrong, oops!
usually takes 4-6 weeks!
seems like it tends to take a bit longer if u didnt interview in the first two weeks of the month which means they probably meet to discuss applicants in the first two weeks of the month.
im not nervous youre nervous.

Last edited:
Here is a summary of everyone's posted timelines in this thread
Rejects
interview date------------email
11/9-----------12/14

Acceptances
interview date------------dean call---------Zoom meeting w/ dean+panel
??/??------------11/24------------01/01 (tues)
??/??------------11/25------------01/01 (tues)
09/14------------11/25------------01/01 (tues)
11/09------------12/11------------12/14 (mon)
11/09------------12/14------------??/??
12/07------------12/14------------??/??
??/??------------12/11------------12/14 (mon)
12/04------------12/14------------01/19 (tues)

12/15------------ my interview yesterday, hopefully i didn't bomb it. Really impressed with all the other people I interviewed with.

Ghosted
09/21------------??/??
10/19------------??/??
I interviewed yesterday too and the school seems amazing. Are you sending a thank you letter? I'm not sure if I would since they don't accept updates or letters of intent?

I interviewed yesterday too and the school seems amazing. Are you sending a thank you letter? I'm not sure if I would since they don't accept updates or letters of intent?
nah i wrote a little thank you msg in the zoom chat before we left that they were reading through. ill call that good

Congrats to those of you who had dean calls today! So exciting!

• Love