-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Wayne State
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
WL. Interviewed 10/16. I didn't get an email, only on the portal
Last edited:
I definitely should have interviewed on the first date ... everyone got accepted
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
According to last years thread.....they will be picking people off the WL throughout the next yearWL just now. So disappointed 🙁 Anyone know how often/when they release A's for WLs?
Have they really sent out 1261 interviews already 😳
Probably have selected to interview 1261 people, but more than likely have not sent them all out yet!Have they really sent out 1261 interviews already 😳
All in Med
Full Member
oh I'm totally with you! I made a huge mistake by not scheduling my interview on the first day! I thought I would need some time to practice. 🙁I definitely should have interviewed on the first date ... everyone got accepted
stressedpremed123
Full Member
Yeah man.. I thought I needed some time to practice but wish I just took the plunge!I definitely should have interviewed on the first date ... everyone got accepted
+1 , sort of upset with myself that I didn't just book it on the first day! I also postponed it because I wanted to practice for the MMI portion but it wasn't worth it loloh I'm totally with you! I made a huge mistake by not scheduling my interview on the first day! I thought I would need some time to practice. 🙁
What makes you say this?? (really hoping it's true!)Probably have selected to interview 1261 people, but more than likely have not sent them all out yet!
Same thing happened last cycle (based on the thread) and happened this cycle as well on at least 1 occasion. Can't say for sure, but historically it seems that they always update the tracker early.What makes you say this?? (really hoping it's true!)
Was admitted on 10/15 and still haven't received anythingFor those who have received an A, how long until your admissions packet came in the mail. I'm IS and want to keep an eye out.
djlad
Full Member
thank you!Was admitted on 10/15 and still haven't received anything
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good to know! Thanks 🙂Same thing happened last cycle (based on the thread) and happened this cycle as well on at least 1 occasion. Can't say for sure, but historically it seems that they always update the tracker early.
A today! interviewed 11/9
Anybody want to start a 2020-2021 waitlist support thread haha?
WOO! A fellow WSB'er congrats mateA today! interviewed 11/9
Retired WSB, too many options that expired worthless 😢WOO! A fellow WSB'er congrats mate
c'est la vie, time to go to the vanguard ETF's like a sensible human 🤣Retired WSB, too many options that expired worthless 😢
lmao i feel like all of us interviewing in the new year are going to need thisAnybody want to start a 2020-2021 waitlist support thread haha?
All in Med
Full Member
A!!!! Can't believe!
wait, just confirming-- it seems like interviews in jan and after usually end up as WLs? Is this because Wayne interviews for waitlists after new year or do they waitlist interviewees to "have more time to review applications"?
stressedpremed123
Full Member
For those on WL - how are you mentally dealing with it lol? I can't stop thinking about it since it was my dream school. I know the post WL rate is pretty high (I've been hearing 50-60%?), but still feel so defeated right now 🙁
Last edited:
I think it's more time to review appswait, just confirming-- it seems like interviews in jan and after usually end up as WLs? Is this because Wayne interviews for waitlists after new year or do they waitlist interviewees to "have more time to review applications"?
I got WL too. What helped me was talking to acquaintances who have experienced the admissions process at Wayne. Honestly they seem very weird about who they WL, as several of my very qualified friends got WL and accepted at better places. I know it’s hard but please don’t let this get to you. Your competitiveness as an applicant isn’t at all reflected by Wayne’s decision.For those WL - how are you mentally dealing with it lol? I can't stop thinking about it since it was my dream school. I know the post WL rate is pretty high (I've been hearing 50-60%?), but still feel so defeated right now 🙁
Spartyking23
Full Member
It's my dream school too, so I felt the same way when I was waitlisted last week. It now kind of feels like before I even got an II where I was just waiting for a response from them. Hopefully the same thing happens for you. I'm trying to remind myself that my chances of acceptance are much higher now even after being waitlisted than I thought they were before I got the II.For those on WL - how are you mentally dealing with it lol? I can't stop thinking about it since it was my dream school. I know the post WL rate is pretty high (I've been hearing 50-60%?), but still feel so defeated right now 🙁
stressedpremed123
Full Member
You guys are totally right!! I think it’s just the shock, since I got the decision just this morning. I feel like getting an interview is a pretty good indication that you’ll eventually get accepted (statistically speaking), but the wait is so much to deal with lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All in Med
Full Member
I sent one to the admissions office.Does anyone know how to send thank-you letters to your interviewers?
Applied first week of august, and heard nothing. Should I send a pre- interview letter of intent? Would that help?
Pre-Interview LOIs are largely useless, if you have something to update them on, that would be better and would essentially function as a LOI. Just make sure it is something SUBSTANTIAL and not just +50 hours of some activity you were already doing.
Worried All the time
Full Member
1200+ interviews, I guess its over 🙁 Good luck everyone !
Worried All the time
Full Member
Did you apply to the otherEDP GANG NEXT CYCLE LEGGO!!!!!!!
Michigan schools?
Did you apply to the other
Michigan schools?
yea nada from them too! Complete silence!
I don’t think it’s over. Go to comment #214 of this thread. It says1200+ interviews, I guess its over 🙁 Good luck everyone !
“A seminar they had back in August. The main points were:
- first invites were to be sent out in the last week of August (lol)
- first interview was scheduled for 9/2/20 (whoops)
- 1200-1500 applicants (!!) are expected to be interviewed this cycle
- still planning to utilize MMI stations (which MSU-CHM just cancelled today because of how many issues they had being virtual)”
so they could send out another few hundred invites
Its a 1 minute reading and 5 minutes to answer questions from the MMI interviewer. Make sure you enter the AMP vinterview room exactly a minute (or more, if you have more time) before your interview because otherwise (at least this was my experience) you might get even less time with the prompt.For the MMI so it's not the typical 2 min reading and 8 min response? I wish they told us more in the email.
thank you! 🙂 how would you rate the stress level of the interview versus MMI?Its a 1 minute reading and 5 minutes to answer questions from the MMI interviewer. Make sure you enter the AMP vinterview room exactly a minute (or more, if you have more time) before your interview because otherwise (at least this was my experience) you might get even less time with the prompt.
Yeah i mean i just said "well i dont know much about UM, it didnt really draw me in when i did my research about medical schools" and i talked about how i wanted to be at a more urban school because im from nyc and more in touch w urban issues. They seemed to like that answer but i guess you never know what they like hearing until you get the Athanks so much! guess i need to go study up on michigan now and learn about why they arent a good fit for me? LOL
svainglives
Full Member
complete 8/15 and update letter 11/12, is there any hope for me 🙁
Yes! Don’t lose hopecomplete 8/15 and update letter 11/12, is there any hope for me 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When do people normally start getting off the waitlist?
jackandjones1993
Full Member
Not like we haven't already spent $89768768846 dollars on the AMCAS apps and secondaries 😂Yes, we have to send our official transcripts directly to WSU rather than to AMCAS.
I think it depends on the individual, and i dont want to stress you out by describing my own anxiety about it, but i thought the mmi was preposterous. The interviewers seemed like they were advised not to express any approval or disapproval, but they took it to some weird extremes. One of the people was very rude to me before i even started talking, and another interviewer was layed back in a reclining chair with her eyes closed and arms stretched out like she was barely awake. Also, some of the questions they asked were very tangentially related to the mmi prompt. I dont think im allowed to quote the exact prompts but in a simple non-medical ethical dilemma prompt (like a retail store return without a receipt) one of the questions was "what kind of coping skills would you use to handle the stess of this?" like really? If a retail return stresses me out i probably shouldnt be applying to medical school. Anyway, the traditional interviews were much more relaxed and the interviewers clearly knew my application very well. They did, however, ask more standard ethical dillemma questions, so the whole interview day was roughly 70% mmi-type questions and only 30% getting to know you/your experiences.thank you! 🙂 how would you rate the stress level of the interview versus MMI?
I am stressed af because of this . They said on their live streams that their interview was laid back and they wanted you to do well lmao.... In terms of being rude, can they yell at you? I feel like i'd start crying or something lmao . thank you for the detailed reply btw 🙂I think it depends on the individual, and i dont want to stress you out by describing my own anxiety about it, but i thought the mmi was preposterous. The interviewers seemed like they were advised not to express any approval or disapproval, but they took it to some weird extremes. One of the people was very rude to me before i even started talking, and another interviewer was layed back in a reclining chair with her eyes closed and arms stretched out like she was barely awake. Also, some of the questions they asked were very tangentially related to the mmi prompt. I dont think im allowed to quote the exact prompts but in a simple non-medical ethical dilemma prompt (like a retail store return without a receipt) one of the questions was "what kind of coping skills would you use to handle the stess of this?" like really? If a retail return stresses me out i probably shouldnt be applying to medical school. Anyway, the traditional interviews were much more relaxed and the interviewers clearly knew my application very well. They did, however, ask more standard ethical dillemma questions, so the whole interview day was roughly 70% mmi-type questions and only 30% getting to know you/your experiences.
Don't be nervous about it but just be mindful of it. It's good you got a heads up 🙂 I didn't know that would happen during my MMIs but once I caught on, I told myself not to let it bother me. They won't yell at you or be blatantly rude but their body language can be a bit rude (on purpose, to see how you react). For example, one of my interviewers basically pretended she was not listening the whole time and even rolled her eyes while I was answering. Another one of my interviewers said nothing, he just had a straight face the whole entire time I was talking, no feedback whatsoever. I got WL lol so take it with a grain of salt but that was my experience for the MMI. However, the one on one interviews were super chill 🙂I am stressed af because of this . They said on their live streams that their interview was laid back and they wanted you to do well lmao.... In terms of being rude, can they yell at you? I feel like i'd start crying or something lmao . thank you for the detailed reply btw 🙂